Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:35:44 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 01:45:22 PMThat's literally how it works in this case, much of the detail's invented by that algorithm and not originally present.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=366711&page=102
I'm not reading a random forum page to find the source that the image is being completely regenerated from AI.
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Paul W.S Anderson or The S...
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:28:09 AM
Here they're about $200-$300
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Paul W.S Anderson or The S...
Last post by Neila - Today at 09:19:45 AM
This is actually still within the realm of possibility.
and if you consider not having any disturbers in the cinema, all the better.
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 06:01:58 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Yesterday at 01:59:16 AMSeriously why are the two couples making out in the shower even though their friends have been killed?

I don't understand what's so unbelievable about that

It is indeed a human emotional matter that can occur in such situations.
But it seems somehow cheap in Covenant and is reminiscent of teen slasher films.

I think Prometheus is absolutely great from a visual point of view.
Unfortunately, the plot is too confusing and moves too far away from the rather simple alien story.

The fact that the scientists want to pet the alien snake could actually be excused by the fact that they are stoned.

I also really liked the look of Covenant, but it wasn't quite as strong as in Prometheus.
Other scenes that were often described as stupid by the audience were slipping twice on the same blood stain and Ferris blowing herself up, so to speak.
I see it completely differently. This can definitely happen in highly stressful situations.

It wouldn't have been my wish that David created the xenos, but I don't think it's so bad that I would turn my back on the brand. I think it would be much worse if it were canceled afterwards, which others would certainly welcome.

The scene that bothers me the most in Covenant is how Oram becomes a victim.
This could have been solved much more elegantly by David overpowering him and leaving him tied up to the huggers.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:02:06 AM
I agree Covenant should take it's place  ;D
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by SiL - Today at 08:47:08 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:42:49 AM
Spoiler
Then they f**ked up. But I'll decide that when we have all the information, which always eventually comes out some time after production. How about you answer my question? What if he was totally down for this kind of stuff?
[close]
Spoiler
Then I have a plethora of other well-documented issues with the concept.

I'd like to be able to make an informed decision before seeing the film, preferably because the production has been transparent.
[close]
Recreational Area / Re: What made you unhappy toda...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 08:45:01 AM
So sorry this happened Prez. I'm glad she wasn't there in the room. Such a low life.
Quote from: SiL on Today at 08:11:14 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 07:46:55 AM
Spoiler
What happens if we find out he had signed the rights away to use his likeness for characters he'd played in the past and was totally cool with them being used again?
[close]
Spoiler
What if we find out he didn't?
[close]

Spoiler
Then they f**ked up. But I'll decide that when we have all the information, which always eventually comes out some time after production. How about you answer my question? What if he was totally down for this kind of stuff?
[close]
Thanks for sharing that.  :)

So often people are only seen as iconic. We don't get to see the person their humanity.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Today at 08:27:01 AM
There's a film that belongs in the bin. Take Resurrection out to make room.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed