AVP/AVPR Sequel

Started by solace97, Dec 11, 2023, 07:41:03 PM

Author
AVP/AVPR Sequel (Read 216 times)

solace97

solace97

Hi, all. First post here.
I really enjoy writing and made this account to share some of it.

Some backstory to this is I didn't mind AVP and I don't like AVPR. I usually base my AVP writings in the future. But then I wanted to challenge myself and write something that is a continuation of the two films.

By no means do I consider myself a great writer - its just for fun. PLEASE share any ideas or comments. I like to hear every ones ideas! This is also a work in progress...

Without further ado.

ALIENS VERSUS PREDATOR: AWAKENING (RESURGENCE - other title idea)

PLOT:
The date is December 13th, 2026. On the remote island of the Isla Alejandro Selkirk, approximately 500 miles off the Chilean Coast, a high-end Weyland Yutani facility celebrates its seventeenth year of existence - though relatively unknown to the outside world. Jackson 'Jack' Weyland will be flying in on this day after being told by Albert McGinest, the facilities director and trusted family friend, that they have made a ground breaking discovery. It has been twenty two years, and 800 million dollars of the Weyland family fortune later, since his grandfathers fateful expedition to Antarctica. Several thousand feet below the surface of the Arctic Ocean, at extreme conditions and temperatures, a company vessel has resurrected the Alien Queen from her watery grave in an almost perfectly preserved state. If this wasn't exciting enough for Jack, Albert's other gift certainly will be. During last years merger between the two powerhouse corporations, in which Weyland purchased Yutani, Yutani's CEO gifted Albert with a token of appreciation to give to Jack. In the aftermath of a tactical nuke being dropped in Colorado, due to an unknown outbreak, they had recovered technology so advanced it was surely not of this world, and now it was in Jacks hands - the Predators plasma caster, along with WOLF'S chipped Bio-Mask, and broken wrist gauntlet. Albert advises Jack that they have brought in the best team of scientists from around the globe to reverse engineer the equipment. They have leapt light years into the future with rethinking an approach to weapons and aircraft propulsion systems thanks to this discovery. It will be surely worth billions when it goes on the market.

Meanwhile, a former combat veteran, Kyle, who agreed to a plea deal with a judge to avoid jail, after almost beating a man to death, continues to serve his twelve month sentence of hard labor at the facility. He is one amongst the numerous blue collared workers that helps to maintain the facility and to keep it operational in the harsh conditions. Kyle chooses to remain quiet, show up, do his job, and eventually go home. The others, however, are growing weary of the rumors that Jack Weyland himself is supposedly on the island. They are not to warm to the fact that lately security and management have become more strict and watchful of everyone's move. It has begun to feel like a prison for most men. All of them can't help but wonder what exactly it is that they're doing in the sub-levels, and why it's so secretive they aren't even allowed to go below level four of the ten level facility.

Incidentally, a raging storm in the South Pacific is battering the island relentlessly, and is projected to remain over them for the next three days. Hurricane winds, excess rain, thunder and lightning bash the desolate landscape. One of the main towers that provides electricity to the facility is taken out by the storm, and for a brief moment all power is down, until the emergency generators take the load. Unfortunately, this temporary outage has short circuited the computer systems in Sub-Level 10, where they are harboring the Alien Queen. Normally, the system would provide nearly forty tons of ice crystals that help to maintain the Queens frozen state. However, Albert decided to design the room similar to that of a giant combustion chamber after hearing Alexa Woods' testimony. In the event they did find this creature, and it was still alive, they would taken no chances and eradicate it. The chamber could turn into a blazing inferno, reaching temperatures as hot as the surface of the sun, within a few minutes, ensuring nothing survived. The trip in power has confused the system, and now instead of pouring forty tons of ice onto the Queen, the chamber is beginning to heat up at rapid speeds. Without someone to light the ignition, the room will continue to heat uncontrollably, and the Queen will continue to thaw from her icy prison. To make matters worse, one of the scientist is analyzing WOLF'S helmet in a nearby facility. He accidentally activates the mask and the eye sockets glow red before cutting off. He curiously wonders how that happened, and unknowingly, the wrist pad on the table next to him begins to blink with the Predators language. A Predator near Earth receives this signal and adjusts his course to intercept the co-ordinates. The Predator knows the humans must not have their technology at all costs.

A Xenomorph Queen with years of rage and fight still left in her will look to rebuild her empire. An experienced Yautja who thinks this will be a get in and get out type of mission will soon discover the situation is much more grim. Kyle, a combat veteran, turned blue collard worker, will be caught in the crosshairs of an enemy he's never faced before, and will have to turn to his killer instincts if he wants to survive. The trust fund grandson, Jack Weyland, will soon learn some stones are better left unturned.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed