*Video* Ask AVP's Rebellion 10 Questions! Interview

Started by AngryJoeShow, Mar 08, 2010, 01:55:28 AM

Author
*Video* Ask AVP's Rebellion 10 Questions! Interview (Read 13,970 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Will we ever get a Newborn skin?

The thought of chomping heads as Resurrection's giant killer omelette brings a smile to my face.

Serious Question - Why didn't they record any more audio samples for the marines? Did they not consider that the constant repetition of "Don't relax just yet, marines!" might get a little (read: very) annoying?

Quote from: TJ Doc on Mar 08, 2010, 03:26:45 PM
Will we ever get a Newborn skin?

The thought of chomping heads as Resurrection's giant killer omelette brings a smile to my face.

Serious Question - Why didn't they record any more audio samples for the marines? Did they not consider that the constant repetition of "Don't relax just yet, marines!" might get a little (read: very) annoying?

i thought it was pretty funny that rather than having a variety of saying for the marines, they got different voice actors to record the same phrases!!! lol

TJ Doc

As well as slight variations on that very same phrase!

Fu#k...

xenotool

i second the question about concept art.

Oh, and why the odd choice of not being able to turn off some hud elements?
Idk if it's just me, but while playing as a marine I think I'd be more immersed if I only had the motion tracker on-screen and had to read how much ammo I have left from the counter on the gun. alot of it is unnecessary hand-holding

spyrl

My most pressing question is why something as common as a split-screen, offline multiplayer was not included in the game. Not everyone has a reliable internet connection (if at all). An offline vs. mode is what has made so many games as popular as they are. I have seen people decide to rent the game instead of buying it -simply because of the lack of this replayability inspiring feature.
-Why was this feature not added to the game?
-and is it being considered in the future, for the sequel?

Thank you.

Tyranix

First off Joe, big fan of your work. Sorry that your battle with Spoontock ended in a stalemate.

Also... thanks to spooning with spoony, I can't look you in the eye anymore....even on your videos.

Here are a few questions I have for Rebellion though.
First Question: Most important question would be, Since there are several glitches, problems, balancing issues with this game at release, is there a team working on a patch for the game. If so, when could this patch be expected?

Second question: Is it now cannon to believe aliens prefer the techno music found at the club? I always thought of them more the death metal type.

Third Question: Why in the single  player do aliens have attacks and heavy attacks that are not seen in the multiplayer? For example, the heavy attacks aliens use, which is more or less them lunging forward to bite at you. (looks more like a head butt. Which suggests they like to mosh, which again leads me to believe they're into death metal)

Fourth Question: Ambient Sounds are a big thing you hear on maps. From a preds 'clicking' to the elephantine screams of an alien... yet nothing really for marines but gunfire.... would it possible to add possibly a sad whimper or sobbing? Maybe someone suggesting it's game over... and at this point you should see where I'm going with this.

Fifth Question: Seeing that AvP was such a success, are you going to spend much time on working on this game, as far as DLC, additional game modes, added features, etc or, are most of your focus going to be laying on a new game? I'm curious because at this time I don't find this game a 'success' in anything but sales. Don't get me wrong, awesome game, tearing off heads is fun... but there is still so much it's lacking and with so many bugs and problems with the game... I wouldn't honestly be too excited about a sequel to this game until it has been fixed up and given some more support. If this game reflects what the sequel would be like, I am not interested at this time.

Sorry for the long list of questions. Just felt I should throw a bunch of ideas and goofy-ness out there.

Thanks for this Joe, you're my favourite version of Superman!

genozide

Hey Angry Joe,

Liked your unique style doing the review on AvP. At least it's very different from many other reviews. And that's meant as a good thing. :P

Questions to rebellion:

- Do they have a lot of oncoming features through patches for AvP yet to come like Full dedicated server and AI marines for Survivor and will those be possible to add in MP also (PC) ?

- Will they have Mission Packs for DLC later on to compensate for short SP campaigns?

- Could Predator have a Survivor type mode added like the Arena in the SP to hunt along with other Predators?

- What are their opinions about the impact of the game after release, are they surprised at the result or was it expected?

- Are they playing the game themselves and how often?

- Where are all the empty eggs of the facehuggers in hunter edition???

- Are Nvidia working on solving the issues with the drivers and AvP (9800gtx+ etc) ?

- What surprised them most in the feedback so far?

- Which detail in the game are they especially satisfied with?

- How long can we expect it to take for another AvP game to be released from rebellion?

- Survivor, hunter or prey.. Which are THEY? :P

JediMasterGabe

Quote from: Huol on Mar 08, 2010, 03:39:35 AM
Who had the bright idea to make the predator the dominant melee species?

Thumbs Up

AliensLoveBacon

The predator disc in multiplayer, guys seriously wtf.

Ask for any information on balancing issues, fixes for alien transition inconsistencies, possible host migration, console patches, and future dlc plans aside from the Hunter addition maps.

InfestedGoat

When will be able to play in a stable MP game? Also, any plans on releasing any (original) movie based skins/maps?

Valheru

Valheru

Hi Joe,

Nice video, definitely keeps you entertained  :P  My main question I wouldn't mind seeing put to Rebellion is:

Why was the game released with such buggy netcode and with no dedicated servers and what do they plan to do about it?

Yes I know they have "beta" dedicated servers out now, but it is long after the fact and they are very buggy still, finding a good low ping server that also doesn't crash on you is still a rarity. And dedicated servers have no relevance on the ranked MP game issues at the moment.

As sure as the sun rises, Rebellion are loosing customers and fans every day simply because when people buy a game, they expect it to work reasonably well off the mark and not still be having simple issues like finding a decent low ping game (or finding one at all) 2-3 weeks after it's been released...the game was severely hyped up and had people on edge waiting for the game to come out only having to put up with this HUGE issue. It's simply not on and I see both Rebellion's image and the amount of people playing going down every day.

Rebellion said it many times themselves in interviews and narrative gameplay videos, that MP is a big part of the AVP experience, it's all a lot of people play it for...well they've certainty shot themselves in the foot in this case, what course of action are they taking to fix it (if at all  :-\)??

Cheers!

Valheru

newbeing

What problems did they experience when making this game, and how might they resolve those issues if they were to make a sequel?

Vague I know, but there's at least some wiggle room in the question.

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

Angry Joe the big questions all of us want to know are:

1) When will we get a patch/fix for multiplayer and matchmaking?
2) What future DLC (skins, maps etc) is coming and when?
3) Any news on a AVP sequel?
4) Whether the mod tools will ever be released to the community?

thanks.

Brother

1. Where is my juicy colonist's daughter?

redxavier

Why is there no predator equivalent of survivor mode?

And why did the game ship with just two survivor maps, one of which is basically a largish room?

Are they satisfied with the execution of survivor mode? It seems a little light on ideas, are they planning to expand it all?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed