*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content)

Started by X-SOLDIER, Feb 23, 2010, 06:38:15 PM

Author
*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content) (Read 13,718 times)

Darklarik

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 15, 2010, 04:00:44 AM
Didn't read it; no paragraphs.

There's no way I'll be able to wade through that and keep my place.
your loss.

MadassAlex

I'll live with it.

C'mon, I'm giving you advice here. I'm not chewing you out or anything, but no-one's going to read that wall of text that, quite apart from having no paragraphs, probably isn't strong grammatically or structurally. If you format that post better, everyone wins.

Spaghetti

Listen To Alex. I took one look and though WALL OF TEXT and skipped right over it.

Summarizing your main points and using some paragraphs would help your post be more attractable.

Darklarik

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 15, 2010, 05:24:35 AM
I'll live with it.

C'mon, I'm giving you advice here. I'm not chewing you out or anything, but no-one's going to read that wall of text that, quite apart from having no paragraphs, probably isn't strong grammatically or structurally. If you format that post better, everyone wins.
ill be posting three intros, then follow up on middle story and what i think should be included in gameplay imo

Marine Intro: The Ship carrying The Rook and Tequila arrive at a fleet of 10 ships that the Other Weyland Bishop synthetic is making to make a fortified base/lab on the alien home world. His objective is to find a way to control the alien hive mind, turning aliens into weapons. And research for medical development as we find out that aliens are immune to cancer, which could lead to a cure that could save the real Karl bishop Weyland who has lung cancer and is in a crio tube until he can be treated (audio diaries from 1st game).

The Rookie wakes up in the mother ship, and he is greeted by the a General of the CORPS who tells the rook he is happy and angered at his work in BG386, he though he tell him he needs hard men like him on this mission and promotes him to Lieutenant. To check that the rook isn't suffering any of the effect of crio sleep, he takes a tutorial in a gun course inside the ship. The Rookie soon meet the major, his superior officer, who he doesn't particularly get along with because the Major thinks he should have been court marshaled for his what he did on BG386. He reluctantly asks him about Táchira, and he explains she is fine, but that they won't extract the specimen until they set up proper base camp on the home world and make a secure facility for the alien.

The Rookie then meets the new Weyland Yutani, who shockingly thanks him for his work on BG386, saying that know his "partner" is gone, who was out of control, he can run the company smoothly and by the rules. Meanwhile, they begin to approach  the homeworld, but they begin to get fire upon by un unidentified hostile, though Weyland knows it's the Predators that have followed him there. They don't know whether its various ships or just one, as they can't figure out where its coming from. The Pred ship shoots down one of the 10 ships, which begins to free fall to the homeworld. But before the Pred ship can engage another, it is shot down by a powerful laser coming from the homeworld. Not wanting to risk any more ships, Weyland lands in the first place he can: an enormous plateau. He uses experimental force field tech to secure a large perimeter (force field tech like in the comic Aliens: genocide), and begins building the bases.

Darklarik

Predator Intro: Dark, now the Predator Elite (wolf mask) of the group (due to the death of the first one by 6 in the 1st game), is given 3 predator elite recruits like he once was. The tutorial is training them as they head to the Homeworld. The predators decide they need to secure this planet, and contact their homeworld for support, they will have to wait, as they will only receive support in a couple of weeks. Three master elites (Dark, Alien mask, and Celtic) each in charge of 3 recruits will be sent to secure a location and begin investigating and gathering info.

As they approach the homeworld, they realize they have visitors, human visitors. Using their superior technology and cloaking, they open fire, and since the ships can't see it they can't lock on to it. They manage to take out one human ship, but are suddenly shot down by a unidentified laser coming from the home world. The ship begins to free fall, but the three master elites and their recruits along with a few other predators manage to evacuate on escape pods.

They land safely, but are scattered. Dark begins to move to the crash site, and while he does he fights his way through two alien species: a yellow dark brown colored, and the more familiar black colored, who also seem to be fighting each other. As he reunites with his squad, they approach the mother ship, were they find the surviving predators fighting the ones who shot them down, who are a big organized clan of bad bloods, Dark and his team manage to push the attacker away by raining at them with the plasma caster from a distance. Reunited with the Elder, they begin to set up camp and salvage anything they can from the wrecked ship.

Hive Tyrant

Whatever happens, I would like the player characters to cross paths during the game.

MadassAlex

True dat.

There's a lot of tension that can be generated from that kind of thing, too. Unless you've played the other participant's campaign, of course, but at long as the tension is there once over.

Darklarik

Alien Intro: 6, now a great queen, sits upon a isolated area of one of the ships under Weyland's command. She begins to lay eggs, but having only one host (Groves), only one of the is fertilized at the moment. The Ship captain for this vessel is aware of the outbreak, and has quarantined it but kept it secret, lest Weyland find out, he could lose his job  and worse, besides "what one tiny contaminant going to do?" within the trip, 6 Jr. is born. ("I would like 6 Jr to be a drone not warrior, and bear an appearance to the aliens from "Aliens" by DH , as we find it is the standard for what a drone looks like, and the warriors are the ones we are so familiar with")

soon the ships all unite in the homeworld (6 Jr now is at full maturity), and are just as quickly attacked by an unknown hostile, who come in from an unknown direction guns rolling and shoots down the ship in which 6 reside upon. The entire ship begins to free fall, and crashes. Few survive, 6 and 6 jr among them. The tutorial would be 6 jr recovering from the blast (aiming, movement ect.), as 6 others her to find a way out and capture any humans who survived the blast. 6 manages to half open a door that would have led to a hallway, but the hallway was torn off, providing an escape (on the way to freeing 6, 6 jr captures a four humans, and kills a few lightly armed guards (the captain included). 6 begins to pick up abnormal hive mind signatures, and decides its unfit to stay in the ship, 6 jr ties (as we finally see how aliens make that substance their nest are made of) the captured humans to the 6's back, and they head into the jungle.

6 jr scouts ahead and finds that there is a war between Alien species: the traditional black one, and a new breed of yellow dark brown aliens. 6 jr engages in the black alien's side, but when he begins to turn the tide, a enemy praetorian emerges, but before it can reach 6 jr, it is killed quite spectacularly by 6. They follow the remaining black aliens to their hive, where they are welcomed into this side of the war (since the purebred is losing). 6 quickly establishes her role just below the great mother matriarch, being larger and tougher than the other 2 queens (3 queens, 1 mother matriarch). 6 jr begins wandering the jungle, killing aliens and a few rare human patrols as he wanders by (human influence will develop as the game goes).

Darklarik

Marine Middle Part 1: A week later, the bases is 75% done. The rook (lieutenant) and his squad are sent to capture some samples from the first hive (enemy yellow aliens), and by samples I mean, any live alien (if possible), eggs, face huggers, or the major price: mother matriarch jelly, which Weyland's experts believe will turn any drone or warrior into a queen should they be fed or injected with it. Three squads of 6, armed with 3 APCs advance through the jungle tearing anything in the path, they reach the hive, and a yellow Praetorian tips over the APC the rook and his squad are in.

The rook engages the praetorian, and with the help of his squad and the APCs defeats it, which catches the attention of a badblood. He begins to open fire on the rook, who falls of down a large steep hill, his squad unable to help due to alien attack. The rook finally come to a stop, having lost his pulse rifle is defenseless, however as the badblood approaches, he is intercepted by one a large outstanding black drone. Defenseless, the rook has two options, enter the alien hive or sit there and face the winner. He enters the hive.

Inside the hive, the rookie comes across some captured marines (who are dead, chests busted, but their weapons still on the floor). Armed, the rook walks through the dark scary hive. He finally picks up his squad's signal, and their re unite, with some captured eggs and one warrior, but they have to retreat due to severe alien numbers

We return to base manning the APC's turret, chopping at the ugly bastards. :D

Darklarik

Predator Middle Part 1: Dark and his squad  along with the Celtic Squad, begin to observe the human base, and they notice the only entrance is were 3 APCs are exiting through a steel door, the only way into and out of the force field covered base. Celtic believes the humans should be eradicated, but Dark says they should be dealt with later noting that they can weaken both rivaling hives. Nevertheless, they both agree they need a way to get rid of that shield, and Celtic proposes blasting it with a powerful enough plasma shot, if they can angle their broken ship's gun in the right direction, and if it manages to work. They split up and keep exploring in groups of 2. fighting aliens and human patrols, who now have 1 or 2 synthetics with them.

Dark and his youngblood accidentally run into a badblood camp, and are engage by a 3 man badblood squad, Dark however proves his combat efficiency by killing one and severing another's arm. The leader of the group (who I call "Spartan"), ambushes and kills his youngblood. Enraged, Dark challenges him to a fight, the Spartan agrees, with Dark eventually gaining the upper hand, the Spartan begins to cower and cheat, as his comrades open fire interrupting the duel, the badblood flee to warn the base. Dark set a timer to dispose both bodies, and picks up his youngblood arm blade (chopper blade) before deciding it would be wise to retreat.

He regroups with the three squads, and tell them his information, he also catches a glimpse of the alien predator's blood, which is black (implying he is a super black predator, for which there is some prejudices among the pure breed in the society, as they were accepted only recently), Dark is angered that they would let such a filth in an important mission, but Celtic breaks them up. Dark and Alien exchange hateful glares.

Dallas666

Hello everyone

I am new here and this is my first post. I just wanted to share some thought about continuing the story...

First of all. I would like to have the alien life cycle reintroduced. Now that six is a queen you will have to start as a new alien anyway. The first mission would be on the ship six is on (of course). You would start as a facehugger born from an egg, which six laid. Durig this time the ship is not yet completely infested and there are still a lot of crew members running around. You would have to find an isolated host, so you would just have to stay hidden. After finding the host you would continue in the second mission as a chestburster. You still have to stay hidden and find your way back to the hive, where six is, which is a safe place for you to grow. After that you would continue the third mission on the ship as a full grown alien. You would have more objectives (killing crew members to protect the queen, harvesting unarmed humans to help expanding the new hive, destroying the communications systems so the humans cant contact anyone). One of your goals would be to damage some critical systems on the ship. My idea is that after damaging these systems the ship would activate an emergency system, which would navigate it to the nearest colonised planet for repairs. The ship would than land (not crash) on a planet. This mission could end with an impressive cutscene of the large ship landing on a planet. So much for the first three alien campaign missions.

As Rookie you would land with the dropship you escaped from BG 386 on the same ship six is on. It is logical that the dropship was heading for it anyway. After you wake from hibernation you exit the dropship. The pilots are gone, the android and Tequila remain on the dropship. As Rookie you do some wandering around the ship trying to find out what happened. For the first couple of minutes there will be no fighting. This is an old trick to build some atmosphere. After you discover that the ship is infested you head back to your dropship, but on the way back you have to fight aliens. After reaching the dropship you escape to a planet nearby, which happens to be the same planet, where the large ship is heading to.

As the predator you come across the ship six and Rookie are on. You scan it like you scanned the Marlow before you blew it up, but this time you wont blow it up, because you detect that the ship is not under human control but infested with aliens. Your scan also reveals that there is a queen on board. At this moment every normal predator would go like: "Good hunting is to be had here, kill the serpents" (sounds familiar?). So you and lets say two other predators board the ship to do some hunting and to search for the queen. This is your objective, because you want that ultimate trophy, dont you? Now, of course, I dont want six to get killed. One way to do it is that six hides on the dropship Rookie escapes on to the planet. Just like the queen did in the Aliens movie. The predator level would end in the hangar, where the dropship escapes a few seconds before the predator reaches it. A cool moment would be, if you could see Rookie inside the cockpit through the windshield and in the marine campaign you would see Dark from the cockpit. Dont worry about the predator getting sucked out. Ripley was able to withstand it, I am sure the predator can do it too :-) Now that the queen has left the ship, there is no point to stick around, so you and your hunting party leave the ship in pursuit of the dropship and follow it to the planet.

At this point the missions for all characters, which were taking place on the large ship, are over. It is time to change the location. The new location is the planet. At this time we have all three characters on the same planet. The alien landed hidden on the large ship, Rookie landed with the dropship and the predator followed the dropship to the planet and landed there too...

To be continued...

Post your impressions. Thank you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed