(POLL) Your opinion about Crouching (The lack of it)

Started by AJL, Jan 19, 2010, 09:54:24 AM

So what do you think about it ??

No matter what anyone say, you are sure the lack of it will be a problem.
15 (30%)
It should be there but you get used to the lack of it and forget about it.
16 (32%)
In the developers you trust. Since its not in there, it is not needed.
19 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author
(POLL) Your opinion about Crouching (The lack of it) (Read 4,615 times)

AJL

AJL

Just assign your vote...

=======================================================

Obviously since its not in there, it is safe to say you *can* play it without
it, you don't really, absolutely *need* it... But...

WHAT IF there were two versions of the game (played on same servers)
One version is like this one that exists and the other is exactly the same
exept players can crouch when ever they choose...

Can you honestly say, you would not care if you only had the version
where that crouch function is unuseable... ?

S.Y.L

oh my god , let it go!! :D

Vertigo

If you didn't need to crouch before leaping in the previous games, I'd never have used it (other than for the Alien as it didn't add a significant movement penalty, but in AvP3 it automatically crouches, so it'll just save me the obligatory toggle-crouch-on-immediately-after-spawning).
So basically, I couldn't care less.

AJL

So... Assign you votes then...

tigerija

I dont know really I voted 3rd.

Crouch could be better for precision as its usually used in real life xD. To set your rifle.
But why not remove free jumping instead ? Oo Bunny hops.

Tomar

Well crouching is not only meant in real-life for aiming better but also for the following:

Imagine you are in a war zone as a soldier: What would you do when you stick to a wall?

Look up and bring your head into the shooting fray or crouch and being secured from the wall thanks to not getting headshotted by a possible sniper that could aim for your head as soon as you are on a look out ;)!

For me the answer is simple and obvious, therefore I would say that crouching is fundamental in a fps even if it is not meant to be there for the predator crouch jump thanks to his new jump mechanic.

This accounts even more so in DM when there could be scenarios with marines vs marines. I think crouching would be quite useful then but maybe that is just me ;) ... .

Puks

Haha, Tomar just never gives up.  :D

Mods locked the previous crouching thread due to alleged flaming, be careful so it doesn't happen again.

You probably all know my opinion on crouching.

Huol

You know what I think of the matter.

Zephon

I never ever had the need to crouch in previous avp games. Only for the predators high jump. If it doesn't provide you with more accurate aim or better cover, then what's the point?

tigerija

I never seen soldier jumping in battlefield xD, rofl. Imagine someone jumps even once with a rifle, that would look hilarius and stupid xD .
Tho I seen soldiers crouch and shot as they set their rifle (steady rifle).

Brother

Quote from: AJL on Jan 19, 2010, 11:07:42 AM
BUT If enough people cast their Vote then maybe we could at least
get some idea about what majority really think, not just the most loud
people around here...

It this poll was made before they announced that there is no couching in the game, the whole idea would get much more support. Now that it's official people don't care one way or another and they believe when they are told that they don't really need it. I understand your worries AJL but they've tried so hard to tell us that we don't need crouching and I don't think they care about what we say or the outcome of the poll.

I bet you that this poll would get more attention: When do u want teh Demo? !

*naow
*zomg!
*bbq

AJL

Whats the point of Crouching ?

+ It makes you smaller target...
+ It allows you to fit into smaller spaces...
+ It allows you to take cover behing things...
+ It allows you shoot through "low openings"
+ Sometimes it makes it easier for you to aim and hit things...
+ It makes it harder for enemy to hit specific spots in your body... like head...

+ It could be set to make your aim/accuracy better...

War Wager

Crouching wouldn't serve a single purpose in this game. As the campaign and online play suggests, you're going to need to keep moving to stay alive.

Puks

Quoteyou're going to need to keep moving to stay alive.

Plat AvPG marine campaign and I guarantee you'll be moving like crazy a lot more than in the new game. Still, it had the option to crouch, as well as its sequel.

Anyway, according to the poll most people don't give a damn about crouching.  :-\

Dusk

Quote from: AJL on Jan 19, 2010, 11:57:09 AM
Whats the point of Crouching ?

+ It makes you smaller target... (Which doesn't matter to a Predator's auto-aim and the Alien in close combat)
+ It allows you to fit into smaller spaces... (If there are any small places to even get into, which there probably aren't)
+ It allows you to take cover behing things... (While you hide, the Alien dashes along the walls to get behind you and the Predator only has to jump to a high point to aim at you)
+ It allows you shoot through "low openings" (I'll give you that one)
+ Sometimes it makes it easier for you to aim and hit things... (We don't know how easy it is to aim normal)
+ It makes it harder for enemy to hit specific spots in your body... like head... (Never had a problem with aiming low)

+ It could be set to make your aim/accuracy better... (So without crouch, the standard aim could probably be easier than in other FPSs)

I'm not saying I don't care about crouch, I wouldn't mind to have it. It's a FPS after all and crouch is a standard mechanic. But I also don't think it'll be the end of the world.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed