Black Super Predator?

Started by vortep, Sep 30, 2009, 07:05:09 PM

Author
Black Super Predator? (Read 212,422 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

no I'm not suprised Keylight-di.

However, a BSP is no reason to dismiss a film. For me a good story, good direction, performances are more important! Even you admit the script would make a good action movie, this combined with good production by RR, direction by Antal and performances would make a very good movie!

AvP and AVPR had more "true" Predators and see how these movies turned out! Both are perfect examples of what happens when you value things such as Predator looks and behaviour over a good story and direction!

RR has got the first part right, a good story! The rest we should wait and see since its to early! We don't even know what the BSP will look like so I'm confused as to why people hate something they have not seen.

keylight-di

keylight-di

@Mystic...

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 01, 2010, 02:48:52 PM
I'm confused as to why people hate something they have not seen.

This is it. You are confused.
You're confused about our reaction. We are confused about what's going on with this movie...
And this is the reason, that I sometimes doubt you're true fan.... No offence, please. Because you can't understand our objections, our discontent, our hate, our fury....my pain...
I tried to explain, but no successfully... :-\
Should I try again?
# I can agree, the script is not bad. It's not my dream, but it's good enough to become in good action movie.
# casting is great. Yea.. no reason to make perfect movie, but it's nothing wrong to have good actors. ;)
# so what is going on?
The point is that in movie titled Predators lack Predators. We have BSP, sure. He is different, maybe he could be better than Real Pred. But he isn't real Pred.
If someone (like me) loves Preds, loves P1, P2... He wants movie with Preds. Like Anytime and Pussyface. Not modifications. We wanna our Preds back.
It's all about disappointment. People feel cheated. This is not a ordinary movie with bloodthirsty monsters, because we have such a lot movies with monsters. This is a movie of our beloved monster. You really can't understand this? I can't believe... :-\
I can't exclude the possibility that BSP proves that what I saw it will be the most wonderful monster. That he will be better than the Preds. That I fall in love with him like crazy, as I love Preds. I don't exclude this. I hope so. But chances are very small. Because I'm a fan of the Preds. I'm not a fan of all bloodthirsty monsters from action movies. No. I love Preds and I want to movie with Preds. Especially when this movie is titled Predators....

I can't explain it better way... :-\

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

@keylight-di

I understand you perfectly. You think the script is good, the casting is good and the direction could potentially be good. However, you fear the film will be rubbish because it does not have a Predator, simmilar to P1 and P2, as the main antagonist.

I understand :)

EDIT: however for me the story, performance and direction is more important then a Predator! If you put too much importance into the Predator neglecting the other aspects you end up with AVPR!

Anytime and Pussyface were legends and always will be. No BSP will ever change that! If I had the power, believe it or not, I would have a great script, great direction, great performance and a classic Pred as the main antagonist. However, Hollywood has not trully achieved that balance since the original Predator and may be P2! The AvP movies are a perfect example of people putting to much emphasis on the Predators instead of concentrating on the script, characters and direction! It looks like RR has gone the other way, where we could potentially have a great action movie with good characters but a poorly designed Predators! And if I'm honest with you if I could only have one or the other, I would choose the great action movie with poor designed Predator rather then a great Predator in a poor movie!

However, non of us know what the BSP looks like so I'm still hoping that we have a great story and a great Predator!

keylight-di

keylight-di

I hope so...
Finally...

It's nothing strange that in movie titled Predators I wanna see Predators, isn't?

For me the story, performances and direction is important in this same way then a Predator! Because we have / we will have many, many movies about monsters. For me Preds are the most important. This same way like the rest of the movie, maybe more. And if they will be all right - that mean they behave correctly, they look correctly etc. - It's the base for all movie.
I hope that would be great action movie with great designed Predator. But there should be a balance in movie.
You can not compare P1, P2, and Predators with AvP. In AvP, in principle, everything is bad. Both the story (no, not the worst) and design (many fans hate fat Preds  ;)).
AvP: R I don't take into account at all. This film doesn't fit into any category. ;)

In a good film all the elements have to be harmonious, everything must fit, there must be a balance. Otherwise - anyway - the movie simply is not good. :-\

As I wrote already, I hope that the BSP will be better than is apparent from the description in the script.
I do not know that.
But the script - so far - gives me no hope that his behavior is located in any canon. :-\

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: keylight-di on Jan 01, 2010, 02:12:13 PM
So I'm not the only one...

I personally hate the idea of Black Super Predators, as I believe they tarnish the mythos which has been established in Predator, and Predator 2. They make the notion that Veteran, Elders, and Ancient Predators are redundant to Rodriguez's opinion and vision.

I personally wouldn't mind BSPs if someone said that it was just one clan. I know it's implied but I get the feeling that in the sequels to PREDATORS, the original mythos will be beyond recognition and we'll have BSPs all over the place, where normal Predators will be non-existant.

Predators don't need to be upgraded. The original beat up a roided up Schwartzenegger with a few bitch slaps, and when that happened, people knew that the Predator was an ultimate bad ass. There was no need for this upgrading.

It's kind of like how Roland Emmerich decided to upgrade Godzilla, and we just got a messed up, asexual, weak, over-grown lizard. Infact, seeing as how the BSPs are weaker than the normal Predators, I'd say thats the case. Fans got pissed with Emmerich's Godzilla, and... Toho did too, even to where writing off GINO as Zilla, an entirely different entity. The difference between Toho and Fox, is that Toho listened to the fans, and also shared the same sentiments. Fox does not listen to the fans and only cares about the almighty dollar.

And I have to say, with the title being "Robert Rodriguez's Predators", is a brilliant strategy on Fox's part, seeing as how Rodriguez has a following.

So, yes, we're getting upgraded Predators, but are they the original concept? No. If anything, we're getting PINO-- Predator In Name Only.

-Rakai'Thwei

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

That's not the title. The title is Predators. They are going to slap the "Robert Rodriguez's" part on the posters to gather more people, as well as "Academy-Award Winner Adrien Brody".

And enough with the whole "BSP" thing, we are all aware it doesn't need upgrading, the original is powerful enough on it's own, blah freakin' blah. Stop wasting energy on this.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 01, 2010, 08:19:15 PM
And enough with the whole "BSP" thing, we are all aware it doesn't need upgrading, the original is powerful enough on it's own, blah freakin' blah. Stop wasting energy on this.

What do you expect in thread titled "Black Super Predator"? If you don't wanna read about it, don't read. But stop wasting your energy on senseless attacks, please.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I believe the BSP is a seperate clan and normal Predators still exist since one appears half way through the story and of course the alternative ending!

I think its pretty clear they are a seperate clan but hopefully RR clarifies this during film promotion.

I honestly don't think RR is planning to replace or remove the original Preds from the franchise, otherwise why would they make an appear in the story?

Remember, Brody has signed onto 3 movies. I believe Predators is the start of a bigger story involving both BSP and normal Preds!

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I know its all speculation but I believe RR is hinting at a civil war of sorts between two different Predator clans: BSP clan who believe in genetic engineering vs the classic Predator clan where Anytime originates from.

What do you guys think of this concept?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 01, 2010, 08:49:58 PM
I know its all speculation but I believe RR is hinting at a civil war of sorts between two different Predator clans: BSP clan who believe in genetic engineering vs the classic Predator clan where Anytime originates from.

What do you guys think of this concept?

I wouldn't mind that.

-Rakai'Thwei

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 01, 2010, 08:45:56 PM
Remember, Brody has signed onto 3 movies. I believe Predators is the start of a bigger story involving both BSP and normal Preds!
It does mean nothing. Sanaa Lathan had signed onto next movie also. And we could see, what happend. Nothing... ;)

But I like this idea. Big, multipart story of war between the clans in the sum. Of course, if the main characters behave as they should (by me ;)). If there will be my Preds.

Mystic, it looks like you wanted to rehabilitate the previous posts ...  ;)

I have several times tear off for such speculation and the desire to RR will specify  frame of the story. Someone called it childish. ;)
But it seems to me that with such a revolutionary change which makes RR, we need to define a place in time and space. Anderson explained  his movie in commentaries and interviews. I still hope that RR will do the same.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

If RR wanted to replace the old Preds with the BSP then he would not have the old Preds in the movie.

I'm not trying to rehabilitate anything Keylight-di :)

I just believe that RR is hinting at a clan rivalry.

beeko

beeko

maybe there just using the super black predator name and discription to throw us off , just a thought but i doubt it

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 01, 2010, 09:22:03 PM
If RR wanted to replace the old Preds with the BSP then he would not have the old Preds in the movie.

I'm not trying to rehabilitate anything Keylight-di :)

I just believe that RR is hinting at a clan rivalry.

I think that could be a good thing... Once the SP's look something like the original Preds... I don't mean carbon copies.. but fairly similar.. Then the clan rivalry could work... Now, it would be a big departure from previous Pred movies... but I'd imagine that's what the comics did, as in, gave the Predators a society etc... I'm just not entirely convinced it would make a good movie... Yes it makes sense that there would be different clans/races of predators as we have in humans on earth... I just don't know if looking at the interactions of these clans/races would make a good Predator movie...

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 02, 2010, 12:11:31 AM
I think that could be a good thing... Once the SP's look something like the original Preds... I don't mean carbon copies.. but fairly similar.. Then the clan rivalry could work... Now, it would be a big departure from previous Pred movies... but I'd imagine that's what the comics did, as in, gave the Predators a society etc...

I wouldn't mind a movie about a clan rivalry. I honestly wouldn't mind because it would show that not all Predators do this self-modification to a genetic level not to mention taking prey to a ground area where they have all the advantage because like others have said, it's Poaching and as far as we can speculate, Predators don't approve of poaching.

If there are sequels done by Roddy, let's just hope that he has researched the mythos, and does a movie about a traditional Predator clan, who are entirely normal, against an entirely renegade clan which has genetically modified Predators.

I'd like to see a normal Elder fight against a BSP leader.

That would make for an interesting movie. A clan war.

Hmm..

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed