Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 213,529 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 01, 2024, 10:34:08 PMShould I watch Noah's Legion? Convince me!

Hey Ingwar,

I just had to drop you a line about "Legion" on FX. You know, it's one of those shows that's so uniquely crafted, it's almost beyond description. The way it plays with narrative structure is just mind-boggling. Seriously, it's like they threw traditional storytelling out the window and just went wild. And the special effects? They're so outlandishly surreal, you can't help but wonder if the production team was on a different plane of existence. It's like a fever dream of colors and shapes, where you can't tell up from down, or past from present.

The acting? Oh, it's on a whole different level. It's as if the actors were given free rein to explore the furthest reaches of over-the-top expression. You've never seen such a display of flamboyant, eccentric performances. It's like watching a group of avant-garde theater students given an unlimited budget and no direction.

And the plot? Get ready for a rollercoaster that's less about the thrill and more about the disorienting loops. It's so deeply layered with obscure references and convoluted subplots, you'll need a PhD in "Legion-ology" to make sense of it. Each episode feels like a puzzle where the pieces don't quite fit, but you're compelled to keep trying.

So, Ingwar, if you're looking for a show that defies all norms and logic, leaving you bewildered and questioning your own sanity, "Legion" is the one for you. It's an experience, to say the least. Enjoy!

Cheers!

Ingwar

Oh Lord GPT, I'm not worthy! PhD in "Legion-ology"?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

To think it's now come to this where you have bots trying to persuade you what to watch.

SiL

Is that not just streaming algorithms for the last few years?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 01, 2024, 10:43:34 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 01, 2024, 10:34:08 PMShould I watch Noah's Legion? Convince me!

And the special effects? They're so outlandishly surreal, you can't help but wonder if the production team was on a different plane of existence. It's like a fever dream of colors and shapes, where you can't tell up from down, or past from present.

Enjoy!

Cheers!

That makes me want to see this 8)

MudButt

I've been pretty out of the loop on this series.. but from the tidbits I have gathered it seems like multiple characters are androids? I wonder what stakes this show will have if our main characters aren't human..

I'm giving Hawley the benefit of the doubt because Fargo is great (especially this latest season).

JDrums

Looks like Chandler is about to start filming!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2GimkVxLrY/?hl=it

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 02, 2024, 04:17:46 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 01, 2024, 10:43:34 PM

And the special effects? They're so outlandishly surreal, you can't help but wonder if the production team was on a different plane of existence. It's like a fever dream of colors and shapes, where you can't tell up from down, or past from present.

Enjoy!

Cheers!

That makes me want to see this 8)

https://i.ibb.co/gTNXbdK/MV5-BMTk2-Mjc2-Nz-Yx-Nl5-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-Ft-ZTgw-MTA2-OTA1-NDM-V1-FMjpg-UX1000.jpg

Annihaltion is a fantastic movie! It's the closest a movies ever came to making me feel like I'm in a nightmare!

I'd love to see Alex garland make a predator or alien movie.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 28, 2024, 12:47:52 AMI'd love to see Alex garland make a predator or alien movie.

I said it earlier today in another thread, but I really do think Garland make a good Alien movie. The pieces are all there trickled throughout his work – Annihilation's eldritch, cosmic leanings, Men's sexually-oriented brand of body horror, Ex Machina and Devs' exploration of artificial intelligence...

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 28, 2024, 12:53:46 AM
Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 28, 2024, 12:47:52 AMI'd love to see Alex garland make a predator or alien movie.

I said it earlier today in another thread, but I really do think Garland make a good Alien movie. The pieces are all there trickled throughout his work – Annihilation's eldritch, cosmic leanings, Men's sexually-oriented brand of body horror, Ex Machina and Devs' exploration of artificial intelligence...

This is also what makes me think he could be one of the very few that could be trusted to handle a The Thing film.

BigDaddyJohn

Ex Machina's Alex Garland hell yes. Men's Alex Garland hell to the no.

BlueMarsalis79

Nightmare Asylum

Men's the best Silent Hill movie we're likely ever going to get.

I really wonder how different the response to that movie might have been if it released with a different title?

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed