The Recess Thread - It's Nothing Personal

Started by Huggs, Jan 06, 2019, 05:32:54 AM

Author
The Recess Thread - It's Nothing Personal (Read 240,209 times)

TheSailingRabbit

"Ashen Mirror" should be updated within the next half-hour.

Huggs

I'm behind on reading it.

The family and I will be having to put the last little one down this weekend. She's a 17 year old papillon, and to say she has been the center of all our lives is putting it mildly. This will almost be worse than Nelson.

Consequently, it's been difficult to read anything of length lately. My focus keeps going back to what's coming. My father is so upset that we're honestly concerned about him having some kind of medical issue once it's all done. She's basically his whole world, and he's going to be lost without her.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 22, 2019, 11:42:53 PM
I'm behind on reading it.

The family and I will be having to put the last little one down this weekend. She's a 17 year old papillon, and to say she has been the center of all our lives is putting it mildly. This will almost be worse than Nelson.

Consequently, it's been difficult to read anything of length lately. My focus keeps going back to what's coming. My father is so upset that we're honestly concerned about him having some kind of medical issue once it's all done. She's basically his whole world, and he's going to be lost without her.

I wish I could say more than "I understand," but that's the only thing coming to mind now.

Huggs

Huggs

There's nothing to do but to get through it.

We've done this a lot, but it's different this time because she has been the light of our lives since she was born, and because of the reason she's having to be put down.

She's not passing away from any disease. She's just so old that her body is suffering from the effects of old age. Her joints are so bad that she constantly falls, she's basically blind, she has sundowners syndrome so she's up crying all night because she's uncomfortable and she can't sleep. She can still eat, but she has to be hand fed and she can only eat special food. Sometimes she gets pancreatitis which causes her severe pain and nausea. And plenty more is wrong with her.

She's basically existing from one day to the next and requires constant care just to maintain basic life functions. The only consolation is that she's had along and perfect life. And this will also be the last pet that has to be put down that's basically a member of the family. The rest are just farm cats that come and go as they please. So this should be the last grave I ever have to dig. I'm sick and tired of burying my babies.

TheSailingRabbit

I still wish I had something better to say. It's not something I'm used to in the slightest.

Huggs

It's alright. It's just one of those things that's going to be what it's going to be.

They were going to do it today, but decided against it. We know the veterinarians very well, and they're going to let the folks bring her in on Sunday when it's closed and there's no other customers there. There'll be no waiting and it should be a more quiet and peaceful environment.

TheSailingRabbit

If you do feel like reading, the story's been updated.

Huggs

I shouldn't have dumped all that on you.

I'm sorry.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 23, 2019, 01:50:33 AM
I shouldn't have dumped all that on you.

I'm sorry.

I'm here for you to dump stuff like that on. I owe you a listen after all you've done after Sweetie passed.

Huggs

Thanks rabbit.

TheSailingRabbit

Huggs

If I were to design a predator, he'd been incredibly small. He'd cut off the feet of his prey, and he'd have a wall of toes in his trophy room.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 28, 2019, 05:56:05 AM
If I were to design a predator, he'd been incredibly small. He'd cut off the feet of his prey, and he'd have a wall of toes in his trophy room.

Are his victims still alive, then?

Huggs

Possibly, but they're not going anywhere fast if they are.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 28, 2019, 03:39:33 PM
Possibly, but they're not going anywhere fast if they are.

Ouch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed