The Spooky Stuff Thread

Started by Cvalda, Jun 17, 2014, 06:16:30 AM

Author
The Spooky Stuff Thread (Read 48,314 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Aspie, you obviously have toxoplasmosis.

lol, cats.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 22, 2014, 06:57:46 PM
You can order their eggcases over the internet, each with thousands of little babies, as natural pest control for your garden. Mantids ain't endangered anywhere :P

there was a big movement when I was a kid to reintroduce lady bugs and mantids to farms to keep the pest down over using poisons. Probably where it came from. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Here's your early Chrimbus present, Kimarhi.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 22, 2014, 06:59:57 PM

lol, cats.

lol mannnnnnn they don't even like meat, never go outside, and are complete germophobes

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 22, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

nah I see enough bugs already, I have a date this coming weekend with thousands of the little bastards thanks to the Army for hooking us up. 

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 22, 2014, 07:03:06 PM

lol, cats.

lol mannnnnnn they don't even like meat, never go outside, and are complete germophobes

by feeding your cats plants you are denying a natural instinct that will boil over until one day we see you on the enquirer dead on your kitchen floor with your cats eating your eyebrows

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 22, 2014, 06:52:59 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 22, 2014, 06:47:34 PM
Ticks are pretty common place...tell the worm one though?
Just cuz ticks are common don't mean they ain't scary, especially when you look down and see one of the vile little disease carriers crawling up your leg in slow motion, or find one stuck in between your titties. >_>

The worm story is uber-disturbing. Let's just say little eight year old Cvalda picked up something nasty from the flukeworm family in Florida, went to the bathroom, and was confronted by this fact swimming around in the toilet. :'(
Yeah but a tick story is likely to be more dime-a-dozen than a worm one because they're so common. Though, in Zambia at Victoria Falls, I found a big grape-sized elephant tick hauling itself across the pathway. Mashed the f**k and the jet of blood went over my brothers shoes, who then lost his shit at me.

Worm story was impressively gross though.  :laugh:

One of my professors has toxoplasmo and told me a lot of zoologists often pick it up too. Literal use of the saying, my body is ready.  :P

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 22, 2014, 07:05:22 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 22, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

nah I see enough bugs already, I have a date this coming weekend with thousands of the little bastards thanks to the Army for hooking us up. 

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 22, 2014, 07:03:06 PM

lol, cats.

by feeding your cats plants you are denying a natural instinct that will boil over until one day we see you on the enquirer dead on your kitchen floor with your cats eating your eyebrows

newp newp newp they are addicted to cat food. I've tried to feed them meat plenty of times. They won't touch it.. Even the fancy canned cat food with authentic seafood in it doesn't appeal to them, they like the gravy doe.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 22, 2014, 07:12:49 PM
Even the fancy canned cat food with authentic seafood in it doesn't appeal to them, they like the gravy doe.
your cats are plebs

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

the ticks in Africa are huge.  You could definitely tell when one would get on you.

hate the bastards

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 22, 2014, 07:16:25 PM
the ticks in Africa are huge.  You could definitely tell when one would get on you.

hate the bastards
Consider the hides they've got to bite though.

Never been ticked. Been leeched a good few times though.

Spoiler

Worth it though.
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 22, 2014, 07:13:47 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Jun 22, 2014, 07:12:49 PM
Even the fancy canned cat food with authentic seafood in it doesn't appeal to them, they like the gravy doe.
your cats are plebs

yep

Before our only outside cat ever died, he brought in a mouse once. He lightly had it in his mouth so not to inure it, and he proceeded to plop it in front of the other 3 inside cats in an attempt to teach them to hunt or something. Those 3 all hissed, bolted, and found a bed to hide under. The outside cat just picked the mouse back up and took him outside again. Prolly became lunch.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 22, 2014, 07:12:09 PM
Though, in Zambia at Victoria Falls, I found a big grape-sized elephant tick hauling itself across the pathway. Mashed the f**k and the jet of blood went over my brothers shoes, who then lost his shit at me.
Oh god, wash those shoes, blood might be AIDS containing given Africa...

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: BANE on Jun 22, 2014, 07:25:51 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 22, 2014, 07:12:09 PM
Though, in Zambia at Victoria Falls, I found a big grape-sized elephant tick hauling itself across the pathway. Mashed the f**k and the jet of blood went over my brothers shoes, who then lost his shit at me.
Oh god, wash those shoes, blood might be AIDS containing given Africa...
Yeah the zoonotic zebra AIDS.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 22, 2014, 07:20:47 PM
Before our only outside cat ever died, he brought in a mouse once. He lightly had it in his mouth so not to inure it, and he proceeded to plop it in front of the other 3 inside cats in an attempt to teach them to hunt or something. Those 3 all hissed, bolted, and found a bed to hide under. The outside cat just picked the mouse back up and took him outside again. Prolly became lunch.
THAT cat got the toxoplasmosis and gave it to the other cats, who in turn gave it to you.

You have a mind altering parasite burrowed in your brain meats, Aspie.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 22, 2014, 07:29:44 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Jun 22, 2014, 07:20:47 PM
THAT cat got the toxoplasmosis and gave it to the other cats, who in turn gave it to you.

You have a mind altering parasite burrowed in your brain meats, Aspie.
Cats don't actually give it to their owners that often, due to their habit of shitting in everyone else's garden. So all of aspie's neighbors have it instead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed