New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,280,102 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Acid for Blood on Jan 16, 2024, 03:41:43 PMYeah the weekly's can be tough. The prep/recording and edits tend to overlap which gets confusing. It's all good fun though!

I'm jealous you can manage it! I'd love to do a Stargate podcast but I'd never have the time or will for all the editing.

Quote from: Trypticon88 on Jan 17, 2024, 08:54:28 PMHi! I'm Trypticon! 35 years old and started my first Aliens collection last year!

Welcome Trypticon! What was your first piece, if you don't mind me asking?

Acid for Blood

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2024, 08:31:45 AMI'm jealous you can manage it! I'd love to do a Stargate podcast but I'd never have the time or will for all the editing.

That's interesting. Aside from wanting to do an Alien pod (which is something I don't think I'll do, not for a while anyway), I've always had the idea of a Stargate podcast burning in the back of my mind. Drop me a message if ever you do.

Trypticon88

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2024, 08:31:45 AM
Quote from: Acid for Blood on Jan 16, 2024, 03:41:43 PMYeah the weekly's can be tough. The prep/recording and edits tend to overlap which gets confusing. It's all good fun though!

I'm jealous you can manage it! I'd love to do a Stargate podcast but I'd never have the time or will for all the editing.

Quote from: Trypticon88 on Jan 17, 2024, 08:54:28 PMHi! I'm Trypticon! 35 years old and started my first Aliens collection last year!

Welcome Trypticon! What was your first piece, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi and thank you! My first piece was the Neca Private Frost figure! :D

shmebulok

Hi all,
guess I had better at least say helloooo.
42, been a fan since about the early 90s, first memory was hiding behind the char at my grandmother's house when Aliens was on HBO... late 80s. I snuck in right as they were entering the hive. That chestburster scene will make some memories for a 7 year old... Ended up seeing Predator 2 in the theater in 1990 with my parents... guess I was around 9 lol.

Recently got my kids into the series, my 10 year old and I did a gender-bender Ripley and Newt dad/daughter cosplay for a convention last year last year after we watched aliens for a movie night. Now my 13-year old is way into good quality sci fi now, especially body horror. She watched me play through all of alien isolation last year and it was a hoot. Just watched prometheus chaos edition the other day wit her, and I'm trying to track down a DL to the Alien Covenant Chaos edition. I have a very interesting fan edit of the original alien with about 30 minutes of extra footage. It's pretty rough, but a fascinating watch, if anyone wants a link.

Thanks!

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: shmebulok on Jan 20, 2024, 12:22:54 AMHi all,
guess I had better at least say helloooo.
42, been a fan since about the early 90s, first memory was hiding behind the char at my grandmother's house when Aliens was on HBO... late 80s. I snuck in right as they were entering the hive. That chestburster scene will make some memories for a 7 year old... Ended up seeing Predator 2 in the theater in 1990 with my parents... guess I was around 9 lol.

Recently got my kids into the series, my 10 year old and I did a gender-bender Ripley and Newt dad/daughter cosplay for a convention last year last year after we watched aliens for a movie night. Now my 13-year old is way into good quality sci fi now, especially body horror. She watched me play through all of alien isolation last year and it was a hoot. Just watched prometheus chaos edition the other day wit her, and I'm trying to track down a DL to the Alien Covenant Chaos edition. I have a very interesting fan edit of the original alien with about 30 minutes of extra footage. It's pretty rough, but a fascinating watch, if anyone wants a link.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum shmebulok! I do love a good fan edit - I keep promising to make a nice version of the Alien 3 Workprint using the 35mm as the primary source (one day I'll finally have the time to sit down and do it) 🤣 Is that the Alien virtual workprint? If so there's a nice duel layer 9gb version on the Alien Appendix #2 fan disc! 😊

Acid_Reign161

Welcome Trypticon! How's the collecting going? 😃

Trypticon88

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 20, 2024, 03:21:10 AM

Hi and thanks! It's going great, I've secured myself quite a few marine pieces atm, and one warrior from Aliens, plus the creature pack and usmc accessories pack for my team!  8)

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Trypticon88 on Jan 20, 2024, 10:57:45 AM

Hi and thanks! It's going great, I've secured myself quite a few marine pieces atm, and one warrior from Aliens, plus the creature pack and usmc accessories pack for my team!  8)

Ahh, a NECA collector! You'll have to share pics in the 'post your collection' thread sometime! 😊 I often consider starting the figure collecting but fear I may be too late to the game between pricing and the bootlegs swarming eBay (though I've had several 'Fireteam Elite' Xenos in my hand a few times in town, and the urge to buy is burning) 🤣 Perhaps once I've filled the last few books for my collection I'll take the plunge! 😃

Trypticon88

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 20, 2024, 02:26:05 PM
Quote from: Trypticon88 on Jan 20, 2024, 10:57:45 AM

Ahh, a NECA collector! You'll have to share pics in the 'post your collection' thread sometime! 😊 I often consider starting the figure collecting but fear I may be too late to the game between pricing and the bootlegs swarming eBay (though I've had several 'Fireteam Elite' Xenos in my hand a few times in town, and the urge to buy is burning) 🤣 Perhaps once I've filled the last few books for my collection I'll take the plunge! 😃

Yeah, thanks, I will! I had that very same thought. Turns out I was lucky, especially on the Hicks & Hudson two-pack, and got one for a steal of a price! You defo should :D

HicksFan

HicksFan

Greetings. I am HicksFan, in reference to my favorite character in the Alien and Predator franchise. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, to the new recruits!  Glad to have on the team!

Please check out the Forum Rules / Help FAQ.

Severen_76

Hey guys, I used to live on this site and AXP a very long time ago (when AVPR was in production. I probably even gave the Strause brothers some shit back then too). Couldn't remember my old log in so here we go again.

Nice to see some familiar faces from the back in the day!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome back Severen!

Nightmare Asylum

Finger Lickin' Good

Severen_76

Cheers guys!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed