Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 67,076 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I've enjoyed some of the looter shooters.  I played the absolute dogshit out of the first division, and did the same thing for the 2nd division for about three months.  Wildlands also had a bunch of my attention for about the same time.  If a game cost 59.99 and you play it for three months, then that is pretty good value.  Its less than a dollar a day at that point. 

I was less impressed with Destiny, but still played through the base game before abandoning it. 

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully we do get more than: "I just don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."

Drukathi

Drukathi

Here a lot of talk, so let's speculate about next types of enemies.

The game will have 20 types of enemies: 11 xenomorphs and 9 the others. From xenos we already know 9 types and 2 types from the others.

First about xeno. Who are the 2 remaining types? And how are xenomorphs define in this case - in a broad sense or in classical? Is the neomorph (deacon, trilobite or other spawn of black goo) on the list of xeno? Or do they relate to the remaining 9 non-xeno enemies?

Second about the others. We know about working Joe and combat synths. If we assume that the combat synths will be armed with different types of weapons, then I think that they are still one type of enemy. Who will be the last 7? Engineers and black goo's mutants? Or even humans - WY-commando?

I guess that of the two remaining xeno we will get neomorph and something new. I don't think that we will get deacon - I just don't see how it works, moves. Trilobite will be fun, tho. I think that Tusk would be a very cool solution.
And the last 7 non-xeno enemies: Engineers (maybe one type in SJ armor, and one without), human-zombie, some mutants (like hammerpede, but bigger). Who else? Engineers-zombies/mutants, like on concept arts to Alien: Covenant? Or something new for franchise?

It is a pity that we have no place left for the red xenomorphs - maybe in DLC or in another game...

BlueMarsalis79

You're getting red ones.

But if you're referring to Genocide they're not actually red that's just to visually distinguish them for the reader's benefit.

I'm hoping for the Neomorph yes but I also expect the white Alien from the prequel novel Infiltrator.

Drukathi

Drukathi

I have not read the Infiltrator yet, but if the book is connected to the game, it would be quite logical to add white alien.

Well, yes, Prowler is pretty red. But under the red I meant competing species/hive. It would be wonderful to get stuck between two rival hives.

BlueMarsalis79

Indeed the idea's got potential but I always like a good reason, I never bought the infighting idea as natural to the perfect organism, perhaps if they fought against a "contaminated bloodline" like the ones featured in Alien Resurrection I might buy that though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I've only played one online looter shooter type game and that was Anthem. Which has to be one of the worst games I've ever played.

So I hope this doesn't have any of the same mechanics.

BlueMarsalis79

I think I have unfortunate news in that case then.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Kinda kills my hype then... I found anthem to be just horrible. The first 30 minutes had me thinking it could be great, aside from the characters and voice acting. But then you realize you've experienced everything the game has to offer already, that's when the bland tedium of the game play begins to set in. It's hard to describe but it felt like a fake game, or a maybe even like a pay to play smart phone game,

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

looter shooters are typically collaborative area  exploration missions that leads to mob skirmishes that end up featuring a mob boss.

If that isn't your gig, then you probably won't like this game.

The grind is part of a looter shooter.  It's like grinding in an old JRPG. 

BlueMarsalis79

It's sadly probably wishful thinking for it to have anything of substance when it comes to the story.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Time will tell I guess.

I grew up on games like Diablo and Final Fantasy style RPGs, so I get the grind aspect. It could be that Anthem was just a bad game, even compared with other looter shooters. I would have to play one that was better received perhaps.

However come to think of it I did play Borderlands when it was released and thought it sucked so...

BlueMarsalis79

Because the entire genre does suck, not a good one amongst them, personally the only reason I'm interested's because of the license.

PAS Spinelli

Not all looter shooters suck, but most do, Second Extinction, although still in Early Access, is a looter shooter that looks very similar to AFT, but in first person

BlueMarsalis79

Never heard of it but I hope you're right then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed