Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 67,101 times)

Voodoo Magic

I don't know. To me one is fine. A couple is fine. On it's own independently, fine. Or one horrific moment, even a cut scene. But my mind is just imagining in this shoot-em-up, tons of black goo zombies lurking around the hallways mixed in with tons of Xenos in the very same hallways, and I'll start wondering what game I am playing. But that's just my trepidation.  :)

PAS Spinelli

I hope the black goo mutations are aggressive to the xenos, like how the Xenos(before being officially retconned to be a praetomorph) hated the Neos in the deleted scenes and novel in Covenant

Immortan Jonesy

I'm glad they are considering the alternate mutation.  8)

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 09, 2021, 08:33:28 PM
I hope the black goo mutations are aggressive to the xenos, like how the Xenos(before being officially retconned to be a praetomorph) hated the Neos in the deleted scenes and novel in Covenant

As someone who would have liked an Alien vs. Neo moment, I cannot disagree with that.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

While I agree that there needs to be more things to shoot in an Alien shooter game, why they included the stupid looking f**ker from prometheus is beyond me.  When I watched Prometheus I couldn't believe that scott somehow agreed to a script where Gumby was hopping around killing people.   

Immortan Jonesy

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

When bug eyed fish man tries to kill me, I guarantee will laugh in its face.  It really is that non scary.

But if you like the Hills Have Eyes in the Alien universe, good on you. 

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 10, 2021, 01:17:09 AM
While I agree that there needs to be more things to shoot in an Alien shooter game, why they included the stupid looking f**ker from prometheus is beyond me.  When I watched Prometheus I couldn't believe that scott somehow agreed to a script where Gumby was hopping around killing people.   

Personally, IMHO the Fifield monster that was cut never was as scary as the one in the final version. It looked maldeveloped. But we never really got much screen time with the Fiefield monster either way. It would have been a more interesting feat if he somehow slipped past everyone and made it in.
Let's say if he was still a humanoid and made it in, then gradually mutated as the story progessed and was angled to kill everyone onboard as the story progessed. That would have at least made the film 45 minutes longer. But would have given the film a much more interesting angle. How something alien would have slipped past everyone unaware.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Depends if we fight the infected stage ones (Charlie Holloway), Mutant stage (Practical Fifield), Revenant stage (CGI Fifield) or something beyond that. Like the "Beluga head" or the "Baby head" Sir Ridley Scott and H.R Giger were apparently fond of.

I can dig this last one.

Immortan Jonesy

I can dig different stages of mutations.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I've never liked the lack of symmetry in the mutations. 

But to be fair, I didn't like that as far back as Resurrection. 

BlueMarsalis79

It's got symmetry though, when it reaches a certain point, just the first two or three stages exist as a time of rapid change.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

In universe, those of Resurrection were failed clones. But yeah, it's an aberration compared to Giger's Alien, which is virtually a beautiful monster. And well, it's not that I'm a fan of the gross but boring zombie or the alternate version, I just like it a little more than the theatrical Fifield. I don't understand why Ridley preferred the zombie, no matter how real it looked.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 10, 2021, 01:32:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2V9l-hW6lY

I get the impression that a Baby head creature would had moved in a Baby Neomorph fashion. A cunning and fast monster like that would wad been creepy inside the pyramid.

acrediblesource

Just looking at the last picture and the one directly above it on the right, THESE should have been the new chestbusters in Alien Covenant!  But you know, it was david and he had to have had the look of joy instead of disgust.

BlueMarsalis79

Making the Praetomorph even farther away from the traditional Alien? I get why you might want that idea in theory. Personally I love the tribute to the scrapped translucent Big Chap concept.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 10, 2021, 02:16:36 AM
I get the impression that a Baby head creature would had moved in a Baby Neomorph fashion. A cunning and fast monster like that would wad been creepy inside the pyramid.
Absolutely but because it is indeed so similar to the Neomorph we eventually got, I think it might be worth using partially that design in the top right and the top left that the previous poster pointed out-

-to differentiate it in the face. Whilst using the rest for the body itself of course.

But I'm also fine with it if they retain it's more humanoid overall shape, as the Baby-head or Beluga-head concept, ultimately's very similar to the Bloodburster and Neomorph.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 10, 2021, 02:04:28 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 10, 2021, 02:16:36 AM
Absolutely but because it is indeed so similar to the Neomorph we eventually got, I think it might be worth using partially that design in the top right and the top left that the previous poster pointed out-

-to differentiate it in the face. Whilst using the rest for the body itself of course.

It might be worth ineed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed