Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,015 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There are a hundred different reasons why the first RE being cheese were different though.  Millions of dollars weren't put into games back then for things like story and voice actors. 

You would've gotten the REMAKE with PS4 graphics if RE was released for consoles now. 

RE2 and RE3 weren't cheesy for the time they were released, they were freaking people the hell out.  When you look back at them they might be because you got all this new high end shit to compare it to.

Ten years from now people will laugh at the original dead space for its cartoon graphics and action.  Doesn't mean people weren't shitting themselves playing it originally. 

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Dead Space was scary ???

The only thing scary about it is how it's basically a watered down System Shock 2. ;D

Also this.
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 01, 2014, 09:06:50 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 01, 2014, 09:05:09 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 01, 2014, 09:01:01 PMAnd I could nearly 99% of the enemies in RE2 without breaking a sweat.

LULZ

What it's true. :P

RE 2 is probably my second or third most replayed RE just cause it's surprisingly easy, even on the hardest mode by the last third (or two thirds through if you're good enough) enemies drop left and right from the surprisingly large quantities of ammo you have saved up and that ridiculous shotgun upgrade.

Only classic RE game to ever give me trouble was 3 and that's cause there are points that are literally just trial and error (f**king worms).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

None of the RE's were hard I thought except Code Veronica (because I never could find any ammo). 

They still were scary.  I wasn't even apprehensive at any point in the game with 4-6.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

4-6 are automatically better than CV because Steve isn't in them.

And Rathalos makes me want to vent about how overrated System Shock 2 is. :P

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Dead Space wasn't so bad when you realized that it started you out with the most powerful gun in the f**king game and you never ever needed to bother using the others because the Plasma Cutter could fire both vertically and horizontally which wrecked shit hard. Scariest part was Peepers {the Regenerator}

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If you got the game when it came out nobody knew that they put godmode on the plasma cutter until a couple of weeks after the game was released. 

My first playthrough was with a fully modded PR.

The second game you can wreck with the seeker rifle, it makes the boss fight with any other weapon look foolish.

But Dead Space like any survival horror loses its mojo once you are used to what you are fighting.  When death comes for you constantly you eventually grow numb to the sight.

That's why devil inspired games/movies are scarier to me.  Because it isn't just physical death you have to worry about. 

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 02, 2014, 12:26:47 AM
Scariest part was Peepers {the Regenerator}

f**k that guy.

The scariest survival horror games are from the Silent Hill franchise.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: King Rathalos on Oct 01, 2014, 11:08:32 PM
Dead Space was scary ???
It was for the first 30-45 min. After that you are running around killing stuff.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

When you start the game with no way to defend yourself I thought was pretty sweet.  Would've been better had there been more bits like that. 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

That run to the elevator made me poop my panties.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There were three guys playing it on youtube when it first came out that had pretty much the same reaction that I did.  I can't ever find them now though. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dead Space freaked me out the first time I played it, like DOOM 3. Games that rely on jump scares however, will grow old quickly. RE 4 though, I find terrifying at times. I'll never forget having a Regenerator come after me, especially when in the lab and I'm frantically aiming with my sniper rifle, reloading after each shot, with that thing barely 20 feet away from me, still having to shoot it another four times. That was brilliant. Or being in the castle gardens and hearing the dog growls constantly without being able to see them until the very last second.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Well, yes, no one denies the Regenerators. They made me took a pause of 3 months before I was able to finish the game lol, when I played for first time. But besides that point, the game is not scary at all.

In DS you just memorize the possible spawn locations which you shoot when you see - every air shaft on the walls, every "dead" enemy, stuff like that.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 02, 2014, 04:04:45 AM
If you got the game when it came out nobody knew that they put godmode on the plasma cutter until a couple of weeks after the game was released. 

Dude no f**king way I figured that shit out within the first two levels. Never used another gun until second playthrough and even then it was just for kicks.

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 02, 2014, 04:17:50 AM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 02, 2014, 12:26:47 AM
Scariest part was Peepers {the Regenerator}

f**k that guy.

The scariest survival horror games are from the Silent Hill franchise.

I only played 1 and 2. Everyone goes on about how great 2 is but I liked 1 better.

tavianini19

tavianini19

New one's looking good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed