Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,772 times)

Beef Dogg

Beef Dogg

Jedi Fallen Order, well worth a go

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

BEHOLD, the North Empire restored, with Finland and Gaeldom (Scotland) as vassals.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finished The New Colossus. f**k me that was a ride :laugh:

I especially loved
Spoiler
the insanely difficult firefight in the courtroom, which had me yelling at the TV in a rage multiple times, only to finally beat it and get slapped in the face with the revelation that it was just a dream in BJ's head and never actually happened. Touché, Bethesda. Touché.
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Being satisfied with the North Sea Empire, I've started a new game returning to the Teutonic Order, but unlike last time when I joined the HRE for protections from the Poles only to then leave the HRE to form a Prussian Empire eastward this time I again formed Prussia but am taking the HRE diplomacy route aka "aggressive negotiations".

Unlike the traditional pure Germany conquest path, this path has you take more of part in the diplomacy of the HRE, though I've also had my share of wars to make the borders look more Prussian (Silesia, Brandenburg, Pomerania).

Particular to the diplomacy missions, I subjugated Brandenburg so as to have control of an elector as well as took Diplomatic Ideas for my third idea slot to get the relations and diplomatic reputation for another mission.

Next I have to become an elector myself but that won't happen for a while because it's the age of reformation and I went protestant and Austria, the Emperor, doesn't like me because of that, so I now have to wait until I can lead the Protestant League and start the League War (30 Years War basically) against the Imperial Catholics, which will mean a clash of the titans between Prussia and Austria (you're welcome @kwisatz ). I'll then need to win the war either by Peace of Westphalia or by making Protestant the dominant faith.

From there I should more easily become an elector as well unlock the mission to secularize from a bishopric into a proper Kingdom of Prussia, and then diplomacy my way to becoming the Emperor myself, then take the decentralized mess that is the HRE and go down the path of centralization reforms.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The League War (30 Years War) sparked and it was evenly matched and close with many dying on both sides, but in the end Prussia, leader of the Protestant League, defeated Austria who lead the Catholic League.

As a result protestant is now the dominant faith of the empire, I was made the new Emperor of the HRE and I got to handpick the new electors.

Now I have an empire to manage back to health, and in fact I already declared war later on against Denmark with the Imperial Ban casus belli because Holstein is rightful imperial clay and I annexed it directly because of my own interest in building the Kiel Canal as soon as high enough technology level. As well I declared a second war against Austria and made them release several nations including Bohemia which I proceeded to ally, as soon as I can I'll peacefully force them to be protestant then make Bohemia my next elector.

Once I get enough imperial authority ticking from some management of the empire I should be able to move towards centralization reform, most eagerly the reform that makes it so there are no more elections and I'm just always the emperor (though it's not an issue right now as all the electors I've chosen so far like me).

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So I found out being Emperor of the HRE is boring and really you should just dismantle it and form Germany instead.

Anyway

So I've been playing a little Call of Duty multiplayer for the first time in what feels like close to a decade as a little practice before mainly just playing with friends for fun, but wow right away I'm reminded of how the CoD community is so toxic that I can only grin and laugh a little at the sheer absurdity. Even one guy just getting so very mad that I'm not using a mic and I just be like "This isn't Hell Let Loose or Rainbow Six Siege it's fricken Call of Duty the very deep bottom of the barrel when it comes to the necessity of mics".

Of course I will be using a mic when I play with friends because why wouldn't I.

Darkness

Darkness

Finished Final Fantasy VII Remake. My heart was pounding throughout that final Sephiroth battle.

Started playing Guardians of the Galaxy. Pretty damn good so far.

Razz

Razz

Returnal (PS5)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I never finished Returnal.  I keep forgetting I have it.  It isn't because it was a bad game either, just that I had other games to delve into first, and it pushed it off my home screen. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I enjoyed The New Colossus so much I dug out Old Blood and New Order and have been ripping through all three in (chronological) order.

It's also giving me a chance to see how The New Colossus changes with Fergus instead of Wyatt.

Stitch

Stitch

Finished Ghostwire: Tokyo on the plane home yesterday. It's very Japanese. Decent game, graphically fantastic, and I'm surprised how good it looked and played on the Steam Deck.

Kradan

Kradan

Started another playthrough of Isolation. On Nightmare. Why am I doing this to myself ?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 17, 2023, 09:35:32 AMStarted another playthrough of Isolation. On Nightmare. Why am I doing this to myself ?
For the achievement?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So CoD is insanely much more fun with friends, it was 4 of us and even when we were losing I was having fun, some toxic guy was even making fun of my laugh at one point but I was unfazed.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 20, 2023, 02:39:17 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 17, 2023, 09:35:32 AMStarted another playthrough of Isolation. On Nightmare. Why am I doing this to myself ?
For the achievement?

Is there an achievement for completing the game on Nightmare ? Idk really and it's my second playthrough on that difficulty

If you're talking about "complete the whole damn game without dying once" achievement - no way in hell I'm going for that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed