Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,711 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 11, 2009, 09:11:52 PM
Gorman never had control over anything, he wasn't giving advices like Garber did
What do you call him ordering Apone to collect magazines from everyone?

Quoteand give us a bunch of bold criminals we don't get to know very well.
We know the ones we need to know fine enough. Predator 2 gave us drug-lords and train commuters we didn't know at all. Only two had names - El Scorpio and King Willy. The rest were thrown in just so they could be killed seconds later.

QuoteIt didn't expended the universe or to make it short, it did nothing for the Alien series but to give it a piss weak finale with bad effects.
It gave us a solid emotional final and finished Ripley off.

QuoteDepends on its budget. It only made 57 million, total.
Predator 2 never had a 50 mil budget. I guess it was around 20 - 25 mil given that the first movie wasn't all that successfull either. And that's what it looks like as well.[/quote]
The first Predator made 94 million. Wasn't huge, but it made money on its 18 million investment. Predator 2 put in little money and got little money.

QuoteI'm not either. I didn't liked A3 wayyy before i even knew Predator 2 even existed and i said its a bad sequel back then, Has nothing to do with me being a Predator fan, i just think Predator 2 is the better movie because it doesn't try to hide what it is, a 108 minute action romp that is fun to watch and expanded the Predator universe by a long shot. It gives you everything that one would expect from a sequel to Predator, more creature, more action, suspense, gore elements and a strong male lead character.
It gives you nothing but more weapons and a new location, plus a brief glimpse in the ship at the end.

Token female character. The joker side-kick. The guy the main character respects getting killed off. Seedy agent people who know more than they're letting on.

The plots?

Unit of hard-asses sent in to deal with some unruly peeps on a seemingly normal mission. On arrival they find not is all what it seems; someone is hiding information and there's someone out there, someone they weren't expecting, stalking their asses. An outsider to the group has prior knowledge of the creature they're fighting, which doesn't actually help them at all but provides some atmospheric scenes.

A trap is made for the creature, but just when it seems it may work everything goes to hell. Our main character has the crap beaten out of him and left all but defenseless, forced to use what little he has around him to defeat the Predator. Cue mano-a-mano fight and explosive finish.

Seriously, which film am I talking about here?

Yeah, there are differences, but they're fundamentally the same (Much in the same way Aliens is just Alien, but with more explosives and guns).

QuoteIf you think its a good sequel and you can enjoy it everything is fine and dandy, but it really isn't. I wish it was but it really isn't.
It is. It really is. If you can't see it, tough shit. It's not a bad sequel, it just had less options open to it during the production than the previous two did. For what it is, it's perfectly fine.

QuoteIn A3 we have these characters and were are stuck with them in an isolated place, we are going to spend time with them no matter what.
We only spend real time with a handful of them. The rest, as you said, are the victims.

QuoteEveryone remembers King Willi. It still isn't a sign for tremendous acting.
Dude what was wrong with his acting. That guy was a Shakespearean actor.

QuoteYes, Predadtor 2 had terribl.. wait, what is Predadtor 2 again?
Oh, like you're one to correct anyone's spelling. :P

Awgustas

Awgustas

I'd say it's AvPR. I like it more - more action, alil more gore (gore doesn't affect the film much, but with gore, it gets alil more scarrier), better Pred design and of course Pred acted like a pred now.
But the aliens were kinda shitty, the acting/script was absolute CRAP... If they make a 3rd one, they at least have to get it good, not g*y... Like in space with colonial mariens or something

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Welcome aboard, mate :P

philsaw101134

philsaw101134

AVP:
Pros:
-Better/more imaginative story
-Better Alien design
-Grid Alien
-Better Dialouge
-Better Characters
-Longer A/P fights
-Better ending
-Excellent visual effects
-More suspense than AVP:R

Cons:
-PG-13ness.
-Predator Designs/Mannerisms weren't as good, or true to Pred1 and Pred2.
-Though imo I can live with or without it, the Lex/Scar team-up wasn't really a pro. Especially with a tagline like "Whoever wins..we loose".    lol.

AVPR:
Pros:
-More gore/shock value
-Better Predator design. Wolf was awesome, and badass.
-Predalien (I like it, presonally)
-Though poorly developed, the characters were more relatable, in the sense that their problems were more common.
-Good Alien head design (ridged head)
-Better action
-It was Rated R.... ;D

Cons:
-The Aliens weren't played that well/were not as realistic as the ones in previous films
-Bad acting/Dialouge
-Wolf seemed to overpower the aliens... only tension between the creatures was when the Predalien was around
-Lack of suspense
-Bad Cinematography

I gotta go with AVP....but very slightly over AVP:R.

War Wager

War Wager

This ^

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: philsaw101134 on Apr 04, 2009, 08:19:28 PM
-Longer A/P fights

FightS? There was only one, true 'fight' in the whole film.

philsaw101134

philsaw101134

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 04, 2009, 08:53:32 PM
-Longer A/P fights

Well, I still count Scar v.s. Queen.
The rest of the clashed were small, but it worked out for what they were.

I forgot one important Pro for AVP:............Lance Henriksen. 8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: philsaw101134 on Apr 04, 2009, 09:03:41 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 04, 2009, 08:53:32 PM
-Longer A/P fights

Well, I still count Scar v.s. Queen.

Wasn't much a fight; more like a race, really.

SiL

SiL

You've said that before. And people said that was wrong then. A race implies there's a definitive end or goal. Chase, yes, race, no.

Even then, they still fought

War Wager

War Wager

The only running in that scene was between Lex and the Queen and it lasted no more than 7 seconds. :P

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 05, 2009, 11:48:07 AM
The only running in that scene was between Lex and the Queen and it lasted no more than 7 seconds. :P
That's already longer then the "fight" between scar and the queen.

Requiem28

Requiem28

i just thought of this, but they should make predator talk a little bit in the possible 3rd AVP.

you know, like in the oldies.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2009, 08:23:07 AM
You've said that before. And people said that was wrong then. A race implies there's a definitive end or goal. Chase, yes, race, no.

Even then, they still fought

Ok fine, chase. I'll remember that for next time. My point is, it wasn't much of a fight because there seemed to be more running away than anything else.

SiL

SiL

But like War Wager said, it only went seven seconds of the entire sequence. Which was a hell of a lot longer than 14 seconds.

SM

SM

15 seconds at least.  I'd even go to 16.

QuoteOk fine, chase. I'll remember that for next time. My point is, it wasn't much of a fight because there seemed to be more running away than anything else.

It was a "running" theme in that film.

See what I did there?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed