Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,711 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're comparing a relatively low-budget sci-fi film to a comic book where anything is possible? Already your argument is flawed. Apples and oranges.

Naturally the Aliens should spread beyond the boundaries of the city, but because of budget and the film's overall scope, that wasn't possible. As far as the viewers are concerned, the Aliens were solely within Gunnison County so the nuke was all that was needed.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 21, 2009, 02:14:32 AM
You're comparing a relatively low-budget sci-fi film to a comic book where anything is possible? Already your argument is flawed. Apples and oranges.

Naturally the Aliens should spread beyond the boundaries of the city, but because of budget and the film's overall scope, that wasn't possible. As far as the viewers are concerned, the Aliens were solely within Gunnison County so the nuke was all that was needed.

well then if budget didnt allow it, why attempt it? Thats even worse - to sacrifice logic and message of the whole series just cause the budget was low. In thatcase, dont place aliens on earth, not in US or any populated area at least. Texas could be more acceptable or something like this, with the setting of "Tremors' lets say.
And they still wouldnt have to do a full scale big budget movie showing aliens overtaking the world. Im not saying they should. Im saying what would happen if aliens would reach the earth, and nothing like it happened in avpr.they screwed up the franchise whatever the reason was. And still, they could do it "Signs" style - dont show the world, just the perspective of a small town

dachande89

dachande89

well then if budget didnt allow it, why attempt it? Thats even worse - to sacrifice logic and message of the whole series just cause the budget was low. In thatcase, dont place aliens on earth, not in US or any populated area at least. Texas could be more acceptable or something like this, with the setting of "Tremors' lets say.
And they still wouldnt have to do a full scale big budget movie showing aliens overtaking the world. Im not saying they should. Im saying what would happen if aliens would reach the earth, and nothing like it happened in avpr.they screwed up the franchise whatever the reason was. And still, they could do it "Signs" style - dont show the world, just the perspective of a small town
[/quote]

I'm glad they at least attempted this concept. But I doubt FOX will give out the cash for anything as grand as Aliens Earth Hive showing the Earth encompassed in Aliens. They had no choice but to make it smaller due to budget, and it wasn't a bad representation of a town overrun by Aliens. Should it have spread? Most definitly. But FOX would need to give a bigger shit about these films to give them more money.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: dachande89 on Feb 21, 2009, 06:33:22 AM
I'm glad they at least attempted this concept. But I doubt FOX will give out the cash for anything as grand as Aliens Earth Hive showing the Earth encompassed in Aliens. They had no choice but to make it smaller due to budget, and it wasn't a bad representation of a town overrun by Aliens. Should it have spread? Most definitly. But FOX would need to give a bigger shit about these films to give them more money.

Which, given a bigger budget, could ideally lead to the Peter Briggs' script being used. One can only dream I suppose.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

well, all in all I think they did ok. They gave us some entertaining low budget B horror flick, I enjoyed it. But they should give at least some reason or explanation to why aliens didnt spread and thus were easily contained

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Meh, it's a film that doesn't encourage much thinking. That's why it's a B film.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 21, 2009, 07:18:39 AM
Meh, it's a film that doesn't encourage much thinking. That's why it's a B film.

I agree, but just like, lets say - Critters - no depth, no big thinking or anything, just cheesy entertainement. Little town, monsters. Just sit back, get popcorn and have fun kind of thing

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Exactly. Which is what I get out of watching AvP:R: fun :)

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I perfer AVP, but I agree. AVPR is a good popcorn flick.

xi killa yu

xi killa yu

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 19, 2009, 11:25:56 PM
That's what a versus movie involves. One creature hunting the other.
No is both of them hunting each other. :P

War Wager

War Wager

This ^

Freddy Vs Jason delivered good fight scenes because they both ripped the shit outta each other. Way more entertaining that anything AvPR conjured up.

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: War Wager on Feb 22, 2009, 10:33:36 PM
This ^

Freddy Vs Jason delivered good fight scenes because they both ripped the shit outta each other. Way more entertaining that anything AvPR conjured up.
Freddy Vs Jason was successful in story, fights, and special affects. The only thing is a Jap directed it and ruined the soundtrack with heavy metal

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

FvJ was decent but the story devoplment was poor, it had full of plot holes and it a awful ending. I think AVP1 was better but that not saying much.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 21, 2009, 07:24:40 AM
Exactly. Which is what I get out of watching AvP:R: fun :)

Though that wasn't the basis for the Oscar-winning Alien and Aliens though. :-\

Cheesy entertainment is fine - but not at the expense of the Alien.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If that were true, Batman would never have been turned into a campy 60's TV show because the comic was dark and gritty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed