Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,640 times)

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

AvPR was such a disgrace to Aliens. It made the worst Alien movie Res, look pretty darned good.

It really felt like a fan film to me, bad lighting, poor direction, no plot, weak pathetic characters no one cared for.

AvP screwed up a lot of things but it was still more interesting at the end.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I respectfully disagree. I'll take the AvP films over A:R any day of the week. At least the AvP films wanted to do something entirely different.

PREDATOR KING

PREDATOR KING

Yea there unique we can at least give them that  :-\

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2008, 03:48:11 AM
I respectfully disagree. I'll take the AvP films over A:R any day of the week. At least the AvP films wanted to do something entirely different.

I have no love for Alien Res. at all. But I hardly see "Uniqueness" being the redeeming quality that makes the AvP movies better. AvPR was smattering of scenes from the Predator movies mostly. I didn't find it that unique. Since AvP already had Aliens fighting Preds, what made it incredibly unique?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP wanted to take both franchises in a new direction. How well they succeeded is another story that I'm not debating at this time. I am only offering my opinion.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2008, 03:57:21 AM
AvP wanted to take both franchises in a new direction. How well they succeeded is another story that I'm not debating at this time. I am only offering my opinion.

Ok, you just made an argument for the movies being unique or different however you want to look at it, But you provided no back up on why.

I mean I'm willing to agree that the AvP movies are better than Res. but not through uniqueness.

When I compaired AvPR to Alien Res I was compairing just the portrayal of the Alien species not the movies themselves. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I didn't make the point about uniqueness, Predator King did. So I can't answer that.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2008, 04:06:24 AM
I didn't make the point about uniqueness, Predator King did. So I can't answer that.

QuoteAt least the AvP films wanted to do something entirely different.

It sounded like he was just agreeing with you.  ::)

Im dropping this because I can see it is going nowhere.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

And A:R didn't? ???

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 03, 2008, 04:28:49 AM

And A:R didn't? ???

Not to me. I just see it as a cheap, unnecessary sequel that accomplished nothing other than pissing off everyone. Th AvP films are probably more disliked than liked, but I doubt they've reached the universal level of hate A:R has going for it.

SM

SM

Not even close.

Resurrection:
BO $161 mill unadjusted (1997)
RT 53%
Metacritic 63%
IMDB 6.1

AvP:
BO $171 mill unadjusted (2004)
RT 22%
Metacritic 29%
IMDB 5.4

AvP2:
BO $128 mill
RT 15%
Metacritic 29%
IMDB 5.1

Adjusting Resurrection takes us up to $236 mill and AvP up to $188.

Seems the supposed 'universal hate' is directed at the latter two films.  Mainly the last one.

Try again.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2008, 06:53:10 AM
Not even close.

Resurrection:
BO $161 mill unadjusted (1997)
RT 53%
Metacritic 63%
IMDB 6.1

AvP:
BO $171 mill unadjusted (2004)
RT 22%
Metacritic 29%
IMDB 5.4

AvP2:
BO $128 mill
RT 15%
Metacritic 29%
IMDB 5.1

Adjusting Resurrection takes us up to $236 mill and AvP up to $188.

Seems the supposed 'universal hate' is directed at the latter two films.  Mainly the last one.

Try again.

Yeh, i think SM is right, they took A:R a lot better than the avp series
but look on the bright side, at least he's letting you try again.  ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I would use those ratings cautiously from MC and RT since those are straight critic and not fan reviews. They don't speak for everyone. And the IMDB ratings for either films aren't exactly worlds apart.

SM

SM

It doesn't matter.

There you have stats in terms of box office popularity, critical popularity, and fan popularity and Resurrection comes out in front in every regard.  Often by a long way.

Thus making this - "the universal level of hate A:R has going for it" - bullshit.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Everyone has differnet opinions, AVPR was not that good but i like it better then A:R and AVP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed