Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,487 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

In theory. But I think presentation works wonders for P2, and it's a retcon, essentially.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

And what in the film, exactly, suggests that they aren't skilled?
Hey, I still think 'Ghost' is the creme of them all, but AvP Predators ain't no noobs. Celtic held himself against an Alien.

predxeno

predxeno

I thought the AVP Predators were teenagers and the pyramid ritual would be their very first hunt.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 14, 2011, 09:47:09 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 14, 2011, 09:35:19 PM
For all we know, as I keep saying, the Predators in 'AvP' could be the social stage just before the 'Elder' Predator. The data given is not enough to prove that they're 'youngsters', only that they're 'warriors that have to mark themselves'. We don't know for what, though. Hey, Chopper's skulls up there suggest he's been sporting before.
I don't like AVP at all, Omega, but I like you, you're Aaaaaa-okay, so this is for you:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/mrmagoo6/picture002.jpg

So the Predators in AVP are somewhat skilled.  This makes them more advanced than Pussyface.

That makes their pityfull screen time even more painful

But (maybe predxeno would find an answer) why did they have to get their Plasma caster once in the pyramid, and not immedialty equipped them with those (in the spaceship)
Pussyface had a plasma caster (anytime also) despite being a shitty noob as seems to say Paul Anderson

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2011, 09:57:53 PM
I thought the AVP Predators were teenagers and the pyramid ritual would be their very first hunt.

That's what  Sebastian used to say (in my french AvP version) to Lex after he described the flashback

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Feb 14, 2011, 10:04:13 PM
why did they have to get their Plasma caster once in the pyramid, and not immedialty equipped them with those (in the spaceship)
Becoming an Elder is far from nothing. You have to achieve it.
Also it was unexpected. If you notice, the moment the casters were extracted, the eggs got in the chamber. The Predators wouldn't have got any damage anyways. Probably those three casters were cerimonial casters or something.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 14, 2011, 10:06:11 PM
why did they have to get their Plasma caster once in the pyramid, and not immedialty equipped them with those (in the spaceship)
Also it was unexpected. If you notice, the moment the casters were extracted, the eggs got in the chamber. The Predators wouldn't have got any damage anyways. Probably those three casters were cerimonial casters or something.

That's also a possible explanations

Still becoming almost an Elder & being equipped with PC caster during this ritual at the same time. Seems a bite strange, i mean if you're about to become an Elder (which is far from nothing as you said) i thougt the challenge would be more "spicy"
It time to show who is the best , what they are really capable of.
The fact they are so heavily protected (huge armor), equipped with PC, and still have dangerous lack.

Like Celtic being incredibly cooky and careless (that should have already kill him, during previous hunts.)  against Grid and also against  a human (after being shot an uncloaked by a desert eagle shot). Rush at an armed human in straight line isn't a smart thing to do (even more when you're supposed to be experienced)

predxeno

predxeno

For all we know, as I keep saying, the Predators in 'AvP' could be the social stage just before the 'Elder' Predator. The data given is not enough to prove that they're 'youngsters', only that they're 'warriors that have to mark themselves'. We don't know for what, though. Hey, Chopper's skulls up there suggest he's been sporting before.
I don't like AVP at all, Omega, but I like you, you're Aaaaaa-okay, so this is for you:

So the Predators in AVP are somewhat skilled.  This makes them more advanced than Pussyface.

But (maybe predxeno would find an answer) why did they have to get their Plasma caster once in the pyramid, and not immedialty equipped them with those (in the spaceship)
Pussyface had a plasma caster (anytime also) despite being a shitty noob as seems to say Paul Anderson

Why weren't the Predators equipped with plasmacasters before entering the pyramid?  Easy.  Culture.  It's tradition to take the plasmacasters from the sarcophagous, not doing so would violate the tradition and perhaps the Predator culture and honor system as well and you know what Predators are with honor.

samoht

samoht

That would be dumb man.

They probably would have been hunting all their lives.

This rite of passage hunt would be a specific challenge that their years of practice would get them through.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2011, 10:30:00 PM

Why weren't the Predators equipped with plasmacasters before entering the pyramid?  Easy.  Culture.  It's tradition to take the plasmacasters from the sarcophagous, not doing so would violate the tradition and perhaps the Predator culture and honor system as well and you know what Predators are with honor.

I would say rules not honor
Your explanation can is good. But It doesn't explain why such skilled preds have the possibility (almost the obligation) to use their plasma casters. When they have to prove their skills (an Elder level skill apparently)

Why would they have the right to wear such armor , if they are that good (they have to prove they are super warrior level). And finally how such cooky and careless preds (iespecially Celtic, Chopper also) could have reach such level without getting kill during their hunts (i mean celtic died by making the same mistake than pussyface)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 14, 2011, 10:06:11 PM

Yet Scar blasted away happily once he got a hold of his.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: samoht on Feb 14, 2011, 11:51:13 PM

That would be dumb man.

This rite of passage hunt would be a specific challenge that their years of practice would get them through.

What I meant was this would be their first important hunt.  The other hunts were so small, they weren't worth noting.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 15, 2011, 03:16:38 AM
Quote from: samoht on Feb 14, 2011, 11:51:13 PM

That would be dumb man.

What I meant was this would be their first important hunt.  The other hunts were so small, they weren't worth noting.

Thats what I thought as well because of the flashback scene and Sebastian reading the hieroglyphics .

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 15, 2011, 03:07:00 AM
Yet Scar blasted away happily once he got a hold of his.
Goal of the ritual is to mark yourself and survive the beasts. How, is your matter.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was commenting on the fact that you said the casters were "ritual". To me, ritual means the item isn't practical and is only there for display purposes.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ritual as in 'made for the ritual', kind of like a certain, sacred weapon exclusive of this rite of passage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed