Our Alien 5

Started by thanatos86, Jun 24, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

Author
Our Alien 5 (Read 15,823 times)

thanatos86

thanatos86

I dont know if its already discussed, but if Fox gives you the rights to write the script of Alien V, how it would be? ;)

windebieste

windebieste

This is an easy 3 step process:

1). Ditch it completely. 
2). Write the script based on 'ALIEN: Isolation'. 
3). Job done.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to explore more of Ripley 8 and her connection to the Aliens. Maybe take it a Hiveworld and see an actual Giger-esque landscape on the big screen.

windebieste

windebieste

Well, yes.  Concluding Ripley 8's story might also be worth exploring.  I'd be up for it.

As would a direct sequel to 'ALIENS' that features a whole new and fresh set of characters.  Well, something like 'A:CM'... but not so shit. 

And that's the real danger that such a sequel to the second film carries - there's no guarantee that it will be any good and it's just not worth a post 'ALIENS' retcon that disowns 2 long established entries in the series for the sake of nostalgic indulgence. 

Ditch the whole Ripley and Hicks nonsense either way.   There's other options.  Better options that are much, much more worthy of exploration that open up the series to enticing and exciting fresh scenarios.  That way, 'ALIEN 5' could continue adding on top of extant content that's been established for years. 

...and if it works, great.   That's 5 contiguous movies in the series.  ...or a tangential 5th movie that opens up further experiences of other Colonial Marines and their role amongst the colonies.  A title that steps on no-one else's toes and does justice to the series as a whole. 

Fox have done enough of that in this series,  already.

-Windebieste.

Gazz

Gazz

I'd abandon Ripley completely. Her story was done with Alien 3 and it's a shame they decided to go backwards with Alien Resurrection rather than move the series on. Honestly, I think for all it's faults Prometheus was a step closer in concept to what I want to see even if the execution was lacking. I'd explore more of the xenomorphs and their forms beyond them simply being cannon fodder for marines and take the series to more H R Giger inspired landscapes, while trying to keep it rooted in the aesthetics established in Alien. But I'd do so with completely new characters divorced from the previous continuity.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Retconn alien 3 ending (check out my forum)or maybe something set after alien 3 maybe an entire colony ship finds a space jokey and a couple of them have to survive the entire ship (something like system shock 2) or maybe an actual PREQUEL to with only one alien (in my OPINION i think they should make some classic alien movies then end the franchise what is your opinion)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Complete stand alone. New trilogy. No reference to previous films.

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

I'd like to see somethin' were during the course of Aliens, just after Burke gets found out by Ripley (before the Facehugger scene in medlab) he sent a distress message to WY putting himself, Ripley and Newt as top priority. Hoping to have Ripley and Newt impregnated before the others found out. Then just use the marines to stay alive until WY arrived for Ripley, Newt and Burke (neutralizing the marines). Burke had this secret contingency plan he hid from the others and as Ripley and the marines had no idea it was even possible to get word to any nearby colonies or space stations all he had to do was stay alive long enough. Tho as his plan goes to shit with Ripley and Newt then the attack on Operations, the company intercept the Sulaco only to find Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop. They keep them alive as the only survivors of LV426. They wake up at the closest Space Station to Zeta II Reticuli. Each separated from the other. Ripley and Hicks refuse to answer most questions. Newt wont speak until she sees Ripley. Bishop's memory is transferred to a new body (model) and is programmed to give the company anything they want to know from his end. His old body is kept for the little bit of Queen DNA left on his torso.
With the 3 survivors held on the station, scientists begin to study and work on the DNA Another team along with Bishop II are sent back to LV426 to look for the Derilict....
Needles to say its gonna go to shit at some stage.
I can keep going if anyone is interested  :P

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 25, 2015, 03:07:04 AM
This is an easy 3 step process:

1). Ditch it completely. 
2). Write the script based on 'ALIEN: Isolation'. 
3). Job done.

-Windebieste.

So, effectively two hours of a single person (somehow) hiding from an Alien by ducking under a table? :)

If it had been portrayed anywhere close to 'canon', Amanda would have died very early on in that story...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

...I dunno...Newt certainly lasted long enough. I like the premise but I'm not too sure how well it'd be translated on screen. It was always something I wanted as a book, so I could get into the mind of the character without it becoming some contrived or pretentious film. No Exit nearly did that.

And Isolation put me in that situation so...win win.  :)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jun 26, 2015, 10:38:28 AM
I'd like to see somethin' were during the course of Aliens, just after Burke gets found out by Ripley (before the Facehugger scene in medlab) he sent a distress message to WY putting himself, Ripley and Newt as top priority. Hoping to have Ripley and Newt impregnated before the others found out. Then just use the marines to stay alive until WY arrived for Ripley, Newt and Burke (neutralizing the marines). Burke had this secret contingency plan he hid from the others and as Ripley and the marines had no idea it was even possible to get word to any nearby colonies or space stations all he had to do was stay alive long enough. Tho as his plan goes to shit with Ripley and Newt then the attack on Operations, the company intercept the Sulaco only to find Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop. They keep them alive as the only survivors of LV426. They wake up at the closest Space Station to Zeta II Reticuli. Each separated from the other. Ripley and Hicks refuse to answer most questions. Newt wont speak until she sees Ripley. Bishop's memory is transferred to a new body (model) and is programmed to give the company anything they want to know from his end. His old body is kept for the little bit of Queen DNA left on his torso.
With the 3 survivors held on the station, scientists begin to study and work on the DNA Another team along with Bishop II are sent back to LV426 to look for the Derilict....
Needles to say its gonna go to shit at some stage.
I can keep going if anyone is interested  :P
ACM took out your concept sorry :(

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Newt wasn't repeatedly finding herself in the same room as one which was actively hunting her. :)

Dallas showed they can find you at long range with no line-of-sight (as did their locating the Marines from waaay over in the atmosphere processor). Newt presumably evaded notice because they had either gone into hibernation or were deliberately allowing her to run around to lure fresh prey in. Which strikes me as having a nicely sinister vibe to it... :)

Either way, 'Isolation' would need a lot of modifying to be turned into a film. It works as well as it did because it's an interactive experience, which you wouldn't have on the big screen.

Stuff like this?

Beautifully rendered... But it's the kind of scene you can work into a larger story. Having an entire film mostly composed of crouching around/hiding in cabinets and creeping in behind synthetics/following the Alien around? I don't think that would work very well.

The other thing is that you shouldn't need to disarm the main character to make the Alien feel like a threat. It should be one, regardless. That's why it worked to have Ripley kitted up with pulse rifle and flamethrower, trying to find Newt through all those darkened corridors. The viewer knew all it would take is one of the things to have escaped her notice and she'd be at their mercy as surely as Apone and co were.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

How many really great movies are out there that were based on a video game?

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 27, 2015, 11:49:45 AM

...or to phrase it another way, when was the last time a good video game was made from a movie? 

I think 'ALIEN: Isolation' has that answer pretty well covered.  It proved that there's still good mileage in this series. 

You don't need swarms of brain dead xenos crawling across the landscape to be shot down by one line gag delivering goofy space marines in a shooting gallery.  A good solid script and the core ideas transferred from the game are a great candidate for a fresh entry in this licence. 

Amanda has a great emotional connection to her mother, a motivation to drive the core narrative and enough unfolding situations to carve out a decent movie with it's ample content. 

Last thing I want to see is another 'A:CM' - especially on the big screen.  Returning to the roots of the franchise served Sega and CA well.  Maybe 'ALIEN 5' should follow suit.  It's about time a single Alien was terrorising hapless space travellers once again. 

Shut up and bring it.   :P

-Windebieste.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 27, 2015, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 27, 2015, 11:49:45 AM

...or to phrase it another way, when was the last time a good video game was made from a movie? 

I think 'ALIEN: Isolation' has that answer pretty well covered.  It proved that there's still good mileage in this series. 

You don't need swarms of brain dead xenos crawling across the landscape to be shot down by one line gag delivering goofy space marines in a shooting gallery.  A good solid script and the core ideas transferred from the game are a great candidate for a fresh entry in this licence. 

Amanda has a great emotional connection to her mother, a motivation to drive the core narrative and enough unfolding situations to carve out a decent movie with it's ample content. 

Last thing I want to see is another 'A:CM' - especially on the big screen.  Returning to the roots of the franchise served Sega and CA well.  Maybe 'ALIEN 5' should follow suit.  It's about time a single Alien was terrorising hapless space travellers once again. 

Shut up and bring it.   :P

-Windebieste.
Alien 5 has been confirmed check on IMDB  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed