New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 120,612 times)

SuperiorIronman

Disney had been using Legacy FX for The Mandolorian so I wouldn't be surprised if they used them for Predator.

Speaking of Star Wars, it's also not uncommon for Disney to outsource other items for the productions to (I guess you could say) fan companies. Walts Trooper Factory was responsible for the Disney era Scout Trooper (though I have no idea where they got the helmet for Rogue One). I hear Far Away Creations also did the TIE fighter pilot though it's not clear to me if they did the modern pilot or if they used the OT version for pilots in the background. R2D2 was at one point done by the R2 builders club and Disney did get the 501rst for The Mandolorian.
Of course they also did some goofy shit like using the Stormtrooper helmets you can get at Target for the spiked helmets on Tattooine and some Stormtrooper suits used in The Mandalorian are from ANOVOS but I would not recommend anyone buy from them (seriously, if you want a Stormtrooper there are better vendors).

Now I don't think Predator has the merchandise to do anything like Filoni and friends did for the spiked stormtrooper helmets but should any Predator vendor be still active I'd imagine they might contact them to help.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jan 24, 2021, 03:59:02 PM
Disney had been using Legacy FX for The Mandolorian so I wouldn't be surprised if they used them for Predator.

Aw, that would be so great. From your lips to the Predator gods' ears my friend! :)

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, Legacy would do fine for me too !

ace3g

I've mentioned it many times but I would love to see Weta Digital work on the film.

Trachtenberg's connection with JJ Abrams might work with Kelvin Optical: Bad Robot's in house Production, VFX, and Post studio division

or

Spectrum / Kutcher FX which also did work on 10 Cloverfield Lane

https://kutcherfx.com/projects/

skhellter

It's time for ADI to hit the casket.

If the mandibles can't close then they're inept.
If the mandibles can't close due to an aesthetic choice then they're garbage.

Immortan Jonesy

I don't know if I would call them garbage, but something tells me that the second is correct. That's for better or for worse creative liberties.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 24, 2021, 09:35:12 PM
I've mentioned it many times but I would love to see Weta Digital work on the film.

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't Weta Digital just strictly digital effects and Weta has a different house that does practical fx? Or do you want to see Predators done digitally?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2021, 10:15:37 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't Weta Digital just strictly digital effects and Weta has a different house that does practical fx?

They make practical effects too.

BigDaddyJohn

Honestly I think they would be ok as well. Anything but ADI please.

KiramidHead

Maybe get the Strauses on effects duty. ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 24, 2021, 11:12:12 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't Weta Digital just strictly digital effects and Weta has a different house that does practical fx?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJxsV5m3T70

Actually I think that video title supports exactly what I was thinking. It says "Weta Digital" and "Weta Workshop". Weta Digital handles the cg and Weta Workshop handles practical creature and makeup effects and props.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 25, 2021, 12:12:50 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 24, 2021, 11:12:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJxsV5m3T70

Actually I think that video title supports exactly what I was thinking. It says "Weta Digital" and "Weta Workshop". Weta Digital handles the cg and Weta Workshop handles practical creature and makeup effects and props.

You're welcome  :)

Yeah, with Weta you can have a digital and practical Predator in the same movie, like in the case of Krampus' where the creature can be seen in both ways in the final flick.

Pearlhead

Trachtenberg's connection with JJ Abrams might work with Kelvin Optical: Bad Robot's in house Production, VFX, and Post studio division

or

Spectrum / Kutcher FX which also did work on 10 Cloverfield Lane

https://kutcherfx.com/projects/

Oh hell YES to Weta doing practical and digital effects for a Predator movie. Their works are absolutely amazing!
Legacy FX would be another good choice too along with Kutcher!

Pearlhead

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2021, 11:41:20 PM
Honestly I think they would be ok as well. Anything but ADI please.

bendinglight

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed