New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 120,660 times)

Nightmare Asylum

McTiernan hasn't made a movie since 2003.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

He's kinda toast in the industry since the wiretap thing.

overthere

Everyone loves a good comeback. I'd give him a chance.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: overthere on Jan 16, 2021, 05:03:50 PM
Everyone loves a good comeback. I'd give him a chance.

I totally would, one of my favourite directors of all time. But with a more pragmatic vision of things, it will be extremely unlikely, plus the age factor, I think it's over unfortunately.

Master

Quote from: overthere on Jan 16, 2021, 04:11:40 PM
Why can't John McTiernan do another Predator?

He is Hollywood's persona non grata . I doubt will ever hear from him again.

KiramidHead

All I want from McTiernan is his cut of 13th Warrior.

Wysps

I mean, Mel Gibson's still making movies, and there was a pretty lengthy period of time where he was one of the most reviled actors in Hollywood, still is to many.  But I know, comparing the two's like apples to oranges and all.

BigDaddyJohn

True... Maybe it also destroyed his will to make movies.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 16, 2021, 09:41:23 PMAll I want from McTiernan is his cut of 13th Warrior.

Word.

Voodoo Magic

I don't know... What McTiernan would we be getting too? Would we get the Predator/Die Hard/The Hunt for Red October McTiernan or the Last Action Hero/Rollerball/Medicine Man McTiernan? His track record isn't as stellar as Ridley Scott and even Ridley stumbled throughout his Alien return. I think I would only be personally game if McTiernan really had a Predator story that he was creatively hungry to tell.

overthere

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 17, 2021, 01:57:42 PM
I don't know... What McTiernan would we be getting too? Would we get the Predator/Die Hard/The Hunt for Red October McTiernan or the Last Action Hero/Rollerball/Medicine Man McTiernan? His track record isn't as stellar as Ridley Scott and even Ridley stumbled throughout his Alien return. I think I would only be personally game if McTiernan really had a Predator story that he was creatively hungry to tell.

Hold on a minute, Last Action Hero is great

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: overthere on Jan 17, 2021, 04:38:25 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 17, 2021, 01:57:42 PM

Hold on a minute, Last Action Hero is great

I wouldn't say it's objectively great, but I personally love it. Also, it is clearly above Rollerball, medicine man is closer I think.

Master

overthere

overthere

I feel a need to tell you guys something, you're the only ones who can understand.

Last few years I've had an issue with sleep paralysis. It would happen too often and it would get really scary, and I'm not the one to be afraid of ghosts and stuff like that, but at certain point it just feels so real, it's impossible not to react to it. So I figured a solution to the problem.

Every night I put the first Predator on. I know it by heart and the familiarity is soothing to me. Plus the score is great. So every night I fall asleep while Predator is running. Sometimes I wake up during a random scene and I be like "oh, this is a good scene, gotta see it now". That happens no matter what scene I wake up at, because every scene is great. And ever since I started doing this, I never had sleep paralysis again.

There you have it. Predator is cure for sleep paralysis.

Now if you will excuse me, gotta go put it on. Good night!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed