New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 120,642 times)

Highland

Quote from: Wysps on Dec 10, 2020, 03:27:08 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 10, 2020, 02:57:06 AM
I don't think that's going to make a lick of difference personally, but maybe some folk want that *shrugs . It's not like the predator is Godzilla. Arnie swats a stick , he blocks the stick and near on takes his head off. You're supposed to get the impression that the Predator is so much stronger than a human it's quite literally pointless to fight it.....unless you come up with a clever plan.

I'd imagine that might even be a plot point. The predator just chewing up the best male warriors until the female hero comes up with a better plan.

Right. The name of the game is one of cunning, not direct brute strength. I'm hoping with this movie, we'll see a good twist that gives the humans a leg up, something other than mud/teamups/etc.

I'm so thankful they're not picking up where Shane left off  :o

Something I always thought would be a good idea ( and I'm unsure if this has been done in alternate media), is the idea of two Predators ( Perhaps even brothers if we want to add spice) working together and the Hero trying to figure that out. A little twist in the tale.

Quote from: Sol on Dec 10, 2020, 03:37:30 AM
Some of you are missing the point. But I'm not too pressed to keep going in circles here. Eventually, every Predator film ends with the Predator(s) trading blows with the lead. When they do, I don't want to see another 10 minute sequence of space pimp slaps.

I think maybe the Falconer fight is giving you bad dreams lol , the original Predator movies are perfect for me.

[cancerblack]

I get what he means with the backhands, but I don't have a problem with it.

Sol

Quote from: Highland on Dec 10, 2020, 03:38:04 AM
I think maybe the Falconer fight is giving you bad dreams lol , the original Predator movies are perfect for me.

Haha. Like many a sequence of these films, so much wasted potential. There's an alternate timelime where this entire franchise became one of the defacto Sci-Fi franchises, mentioned in the ranks of Star Wars and the like, instead of one really good film, or two, and a bunch of middling sequels.

Highland

Quote from: Sol on Dec 10, 2020, 03:42:04 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 10, 2020, 03:38:04 AM

Haha. Like many a sequence of these films, so much wasted potential. There's an alternate timelime where this entire franchise became one of the defacto Sci-Fi franchises, mentioned in the ranks of Star Wars and the like, instead of one really good film, or two, and a bunch of middling sequels.

AVP really damaged that. Then AVPR burried us, then we somehow got back out just as The Predator shot us into another Galaxy.

We still here though, god knows how!

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: HighlandWe still here though, god knows how!

The active userbase of this site's a pitance compared to the past.

Immortan Jonesy

The good old days when users were excited by Requiem. I'm sure some of those veterans from the ancient canon wars are among us right now.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 10, 2020, 05:50:43 AM
The good old days when users were excited by Requiem. I'm sure some of those veterans from the ancient canon wars are among us right now.

More than you think, although it was mostly AvPNews/GG for me.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 10, 2020, 05:58:31 AM

You are an Old One too?! :o

Highland

Don't worry as soon as the design for the Predators Mandibles are released, this place will go off.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 10, 2020, 06:07:29 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 10, 2020, 05:58:31 AM

You are an Old One too?! :o

Stupid Forum represent.

Quote from: Highland on Dec 10, 2020, 06:25:06 AM
Don't worry as soon as the design for the Predators Mandibles are released, this place will go off.

Yeah, when the trailers for this or whatever the Alien thing the staff won't tell us about is, drop, we'll see a good spike.

Kradan

[cancerblack]

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 10, 2020, 07:15:30 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 10, 2020, 06:25:06 AM

Yeah, when the trailers for this or whatever the Alien thing the staff won't tell us about is, drop, we'll see a good spike.

It always ebbs and flows depending on what projects are coming out. The games and films usually generate a good buzz.

BigDaddyJohn

Would be cool to see other people for the creature design, ADI had their shots. Legacy I would dig very much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed