Recent posts

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:42:12 AMAlien³ looks damn good in 4K, with the "Legacy Cut" fan project, not much else of interest though.

How do the cgi scenes with the alien running look, are they still weird looking or did they clean it up?
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Highland - Today at 03:31:03 AM
Problem with Alien 3 is that it should have been Alien 4  :laugh:
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 03:26:53 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 11:57:35 PM
Quote from: gold on Yesterday at 11:54:01 PMThere was a 4 hour "Superior Firepower" piece on the blurays. What more is there to know about Aliens?

Maybe they'll mention ACM and how it's the true sequel to Aliens.
Don't threaten me with a good time
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Highland - Today at 03:25:18 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Today at 12:10:17 AM"Isabela Merced Says Alien: Romulus Is Authentic To The First Alien"

Lol, this line is getting old, seems used before every comic, book, game and movie. I'd say the hit rate is about 20%, probably less, but much better as of late. I think, loved Aliens: Dark Descent.

Just re-watched the Romulus trailer again, it's so reminiscent of Covenant, with the cliche open the door scream.

Hopefully it pans out. Been calling for a space station Alien setting since....AVP2?

Still loved Covenant and Prometheus.

I reckon reply's like this are all scripted anyway. Prolly some Burke esk agent told her to day that  :laugh:
Alien Films / Re: Alien returning to theater...
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 03:22:57 AM
Just got back from seeing the movie with my dad. It had the Fede/Ridley interview. Nothing particularly groundbreaking about Alien or Romulus, but still kinda neat.

Turns out my dad had never seen Alien. He thought he had, but it was entirely cultural osmosis (he knew what facehuggers and chestbursters were) or bits and pieces of other Alien movies. In the end he thought it was "f**king scary". He was also convinced that Jones was going to end up being an Alien somehow.
In terms of the overall package, it never got better than this:

Although I have a lot of nostalgia for "Alien Quadrilogy" the 2010 Blu-ray 's just an upgrade in every single regard, Alien's 4K Blu-ray looks far superior for the Threatrical Version, but the "Director's Cut" on it is butchered.

Spoiler
And Aliens might as well not have a 4K Blu-ray release.
[close]
FX's Alien Series / Re: Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘...
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 03:13:17 AM
Well, yes. "Alien" being a colloquial term. It's something with a pointy head, more closely related to the Deacon or Neomorph, rather than the XX121 variant.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Sabres21768 - Today at 02:51:49 AM
So...no trailer?  :'(
Nice pet ya got there, Fede
My favourite release of Alien is the 20th anniversary DVD; I loved the menus, and I think some of the extras have never been released again (such as the alternate audio tracks).

Picture quality wise you can't go past the 4K release.

I think the Anthology and Quad blu rays are the same discs, from memory, just packaged differently.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed