Eaglemoss Alien & Predator

Started by alienscollection.com, Sep 21, 2016, 08:51:05 PM

Author
Eaglemoss Alien & Predator (Read 55,298 times)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 21, 2018, 08:41:27 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Sep 21, 2018, 08:09:39 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 21, 2018, 04:19:08 PM
Eaglemoss is doing a deal for new subscribers where you can start with 2 Aliens (Big Chap and Dog Alien) or 2 Predators (Scar and Jungle Hunter) for $15 total and free shipping. I signed up for the Aliens because $7.50 a pop sounds like a good deal, and then I'll immediately cancel after they arrive. :P

This deal you speak of, could you post a link too it?
You got it.

https://en-us.eaglemoss.com/hero-collector/alien-and-predator-collection/alien-predator-figure-collection

Thanks! :)

Sol

Sol

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 12, 2017, 12:50:41 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2017, 08:16:43 AM
They're about £20 aren't they?

Around that, yeah. I also believe Eaglemoss is doing a sale right now for their Alien/Predator stuff, at least in the US store.

Also, they just announced the Queen.

I really like the scene appropriate bases for each figure.

This looks unbelievably good, especially compared to some of the other pieces from this line.

Prez

Prez

Getting Eaglemoss products in Australia is rather tricky ... right now they're fulfilment supplier went bust so they don't ship to Australia at all. Add to that the limited range we get it's supremely frustrating.

Vark_

Vark_

Cheyenne Dropship is the next issue, and already on pre-order ;).
Limited 3000

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I've been on the fence for a while now in regards to subscribing.  If anyone has subscribed, and can share a few life pics of their collection, it would be much appreciated!  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vark_ on Oct 17, 2018, 07:34:17 PM
Limited 3000

I am not digging that green! Was hoping for something a little more olive.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 24, 2018, 07:08:10 PM
Quote from: Vark_ on Oct 17, 2018, 07:34:17 PM
Limited 3000

I am not digging that green! Was hoping for something a little more olive.

It would look perfect on Thunderbird 2; but that colour is certainly out of place on the Dropship.

-Windebieste.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I dunno, still doesn't look quite right.  :-\

Vark_

Vark_

The paint doesn't look "movie-accurate" indeed, but it has a nice ammount of stencils and wear marks on it, and the sculpt looks pretty decent to me. To be fair, the small Konami dropship I own has the same kind of Vietnam-era "USMC green" hull.

Still, I was expecting better with this one, especially the black painted cockpit which could have featured a small transparent piece of plastic on this scale (I mean, this is a 27cm ship !). Sadly, I'll pass.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I found an Eaglemoss Predator 2 Statue for more than 50% off, liked it, and decided to give a subscription a try.

You can start with Alien or Predator, I opted for Predator, and received both Scar and the Jungle Hunter for $9.95 (including shipping). Can't beat that.

​​​​​​So far, I'm loving these. And just so you know, you can tailor your subscription. I called Eaglemoss and you can opt out of any pieces you want, as many as you want. Rather just have the Predator statues?  No problem. Just the Alien statues? No problem.  Just your favorites? No problem.

I opted out of more than half of the statues. So far, so good.

TheSailingRabbit

How many Marines does Eaglemoss currently have? I've only seen Hicks and Hudson, and I'm split on them. Hudson looks . . . OK. Definitely stylized and could use some work, but I can recognize it as the character. Hicks on the other hand, I'll have to pass. He looks generic, and has the same problem as the MacFarlane version: he's ridiculously pale and has no resemblance at all to Michael Biehn.

NECA's Hicks is by far the best, but I haven't seen any figures that nail the Biehn resemblance. Most look either too pale or really jaundiced.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 10, 2018, 06:33:13 PM
How many Marines does Eaglemoss currently have? I've only seen Hicks and Hudson, and I'm split on them. Hudson looks . . . OK. Definitely stylized and could use some work, but I can recognize it as the character. Hicks on the other hand, I'll have to pass. He looks generic, and has the same problem as the MacFarlane version: he's ridiculously pale and has no resemblance at all to Michael Biehn.

NECA's Hicks is by far the best, but I haven't seen any figures that nail the Biehn resemblance. Most look either too pale or really jaundiced.

In regards to the Marines available, just Hudson and Hicks. It would be great if they added Vasquez, though!

Yeah, the Hicks statue doesn't look exactly like Michael (as you pointed out, what really does), but remember these are small statues. Also Hicks looks far better facially than other statues in this Aliens line, like Burke (he's not too bad) but especially Bishop. Out of all three, to me, Hicks looks most like the actor who played him.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 10, 2018, 07:55:11 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 10, 2018, 06:33:13 PM

In regards to the Marines available, just Hudson and Hicks. It would be great if they added Vasquez, though!

Yeah, the Hicks statue doesn't look exactly like Michael (as you pointed out, what really does), but remember these are small statues. Also Hicks looks far better facially than other statues in this Aliens line, like Burke (he's not too bad) but especially Bishop. Out of all three, to me, Hicks looks most like the actor who played him.

I see your point. They're nicely done, though. I'll consider researching a subscription if they release more Marines.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed