Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 269,926 times)

RakaiThwei

I hope what Kimarhi says is true and that be the case. I really do. I sincerely do.

happypred

happypred

So does "launching this fall" mean September? Can't fu**ing wait

Ultramorph

Yup, Prometheus #1 comes out September 10, followed by Aliens #1 two weeks later.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Apr 03, 2014, 04:04:10 AM
So does "launching this fall" mean September?

Pretty much. I would think either September or October.

Reading the article, especially on page two is that Williamson seems to be focusing more on using Predator and Predator 2 as inspiration for his story. Is he dropping PREDATORS? I most certainly hope so.. I truly do hope so. But something tells me that's just the writer of the article once more paraphrasing.

happypred

happypred

QuoteIo9: There's Predator, Predator 2, and Predators. Are they all canon?

Williamson: It's all canon to me. I love all three movies. I remember seeing Predator at home on video and then seeing Predator 2 in the theaters at the tender young age of 9. I'm pretty sure it was the most violent movie I'd seen to date and I loved it!

If you look at how the continuity works in the original films they each work alone, but still acknowledge the ones before it. That's the same attitude I've had with my Predator story. Listen, I'm a continuity junkie, to toss anything would be sacrilege, but I don't want it to overpower what I'm trying to do here.

However, notice that he doesn't really talk about Predators, other than claiming to love it

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Since they already confirmed no Super Predators, I doubt we'll be seeing much from Predators in the series. The preserve planet idea doesn't really work without the Super Preds.

I'm most interested to see what "crazy" thing they have planned, which Williamson alluded to on Twitter.

On another note, I like how they seem to be drawing inspiration from Prometheus concept art. I'm hoping that we at least get some interesting, otherworldly aesthetics out of these series. Note the above-ground rooted plants:

Corporal Hicks

Ultramorph

QuoteCV: Where will your series fit in with the movie and the eventual sequel?

PT: Events stretch over a few decades, so it's hard to pin down a "when does it all happen" moment, but what we really wanted to do was pick a time period when it was possible to play with all the toys we wanted, named the xenomorphs, and the elements the Prometheus movie introduced. We think we found a prime spot for that... a temporal niche where all the various "toys" can really intersect. It's fun to empty the whole toybox at once!

QuotePT: Roberson's Alien series (with artist Patric Reynolds) takes place a bit earlier than our other books, laying some groundwork for the events that explode out of my Prometheus title and establish some of the characters and situations. One thing we really wanted to do, though, was make sure that each of the series, while entwined, had strong storylines that could stand on their own. I think we've done that.

So the Aliens series is chronologically the first? Interesting.

RakaiThwei

So there is going to be a Free Comic Book Day preview for this new series. Interesting.

A preview would be enough for me to see if I'll pick up or pass on these comics. Best part is.. it's free.

Ultramorph

Unfortunately, I think the Free Comic Book Day mention was just poor wording. It doesn't look like it will have any Prometheus.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/07/preview-dark-horses-free-comic-book-days-offerings-for-2014/

Topazora

Topazora

can't wait ;D

I look forward to seeing how they pull this off. 

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 24, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
Unfortunately, I think the Free Comic Book Day mention was just poor wording. It doesn't look like it will have any Prometheus.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/07/preview-dark-horses-free-comic-book-days-offerings-for-2014/

[Sigh] ....Why do Geek sites DO that?  >:(

Ultramorph

They prey on people's excitement and confusion to get site views and such. It's seems like such a wasted opportunity to not do something for FCBD, especially since they did do that for the '09 reboot. I'm hoping for some good info from the Q&A over at AliensversusPredator.net, because otherwise I just don't get why they're hyping this up so far in advance.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 24, 2014, 06:29:57 PM
They prey on people's excitement and confusion to get site views and such. It's seems like such a wasted opportunity to not do something for FCBD, especially since they did do that for the '09 reboot.

2009 wasn't so much as a reboot, as it was more of a relaunch.

This seems to be a reboot.. At least, I hope it is depending on their answers at the fan Q&A.

I'm hoping for some good info from the Q&A over at AliensversusPredator.net, because otherwise I just don't get why they're hyping this up so far in advance.

I'm waiting for Chris Picard to just post the answers up. The wait is killing me.

Seriously man, post them up!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 24, 2014, 06:44:49 PM
They prey on people's excitement and confusion to get site views and such. It's seems like such a wasted opportunity to not do something for FCBD, especially since they did do that for the '09 reboot.

2009 wasn't so much as a reboot, as it was more of a relaunch.

This seems to be a reboot.. At least, I hope it is depending on their answers at the fan Q&A.
My money's on it being a "relaunch" just like the DH Press novels were, despite them being billed as a "reboot".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed