20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 73,753 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Infected on Dec 08, 2016, 10:26:19 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 08, 2016, 10:18:46 PM
Quote from: Infected on Dec 08, 2016, 10:16:50 PM
Anyway the guy says he saw the trailer but "the special effects werent fully done yet"
So forget the trailer being done before Assasins Creed.

He was talking about the film clips. There were film clips as well as the trailer shown.
Isnt that pretty much the same?

No, the journalists were shown 15 minutes of footage from the film as well as the finished trailer which we'll be getting soon.

Ingwar

Quote from: Infected on Dec 08, 2016, 10:26:19 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 08, 2016, 10:18:46 PM
Quote from: Infected on Dec 08, 2016, 10:16:50 PM
Anyway the guy says he saw the trailer but "the special effects werent fully done yet"
So forget the trailer being done before Assasins Creed.

He was talking about the film clips. There were film clips as well as the trailer shown.
Isnt that pretty much the same?

Nope. Clip is a clip. Trailer is a trailer :) If they screened a trailer then it means it's ready to be showed.

Infected

Well thanks guys, i already was getting depressed to wait any longer, you gave me my hope back!!!

Stolen

K. M. Trendacosta ‏@k_trendacosta 

QuoteI also saw some bits from Alien: Covenant, and I was grossed out and in love with it at the same time.

It feels more like the original Alien than anything we've seen in a long time. And everyone's fear and panic is palpable.

The new xenomorph is such an improvement over the Prometheus designs, there's almost no comparison.

Katherine Waterston plays her character, even before things go wrong, as someone uncomfortable with space.
Seeing her struggle to push through it all and do what needs to be done gives her character a ton of earned growth.

By the way, we were told the effects on Alien: Covenant weren't finished. I can't wait to see them, because it looked good as is.

(SO MUCH BLOOD YOU GUYS. Terrifying amounts)
Also, the cast bantered in the beginning in a way that actually didn't seem forced! And was crude as hell.

You really know, instantly, what everyone's relationships are from just those five or so minutes.

Both Logan and Covenant are going for hard Rs (f words and violence), but in both cases it didn't feel gratuitous at all.

whiterabbit

How much blood can you fit into a trailer before it gets gratuitous?

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 08, 2016, 10:44:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeVfLOqtPR8

whiterabbit

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 08, 2016, 10:47:31 PM
Quote from: Infected on Dec 08, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
That's a lot of blood.  :)
LoL
i now only realise how intens that scene is, with the kids in it and the sound.

But thats a lotta vagin.....blood.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Infected on Dec 08, 2016, 10:49:48 PM
LoL

Still I want to know just what they mean by (SO MUCH BLOOD YOU GUYS. Terrifying amounts). Like chestburster from Alien amounts or bloody anime noses. I know the shower scene there is blood and I figure it's like Brett or Clemens but I mean none of that was all that much blood. So what is it?

BringbackJonesy!

From all these early descriptions, it sounds like the ALIEN vibe is BACK!  :)

motherfather

I wish someone could quantify how much blood, gore and violence compared with AVP Requiem. If its the same or more, I'm worried.

SiL

SiL

Quantity isn't the issue, it's how it's handled. AvPR was tacky.

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 08, 2016, 10:53:36 PM
Quote from: Infected on Dec 08, 2016, 10:49:48 PM
LoL

Still I want to know just what they mean by (SO MUCH BLOOD YOU GUYS. Terrifying amounts). Like chestburster from Alien amounts or bloody anime noses. I know the shower scene there is blood and I figure it's like Brett or Clemens but I mean none of that was all that much blood. So what is it?
I too am scared that they overdo it with blood just to reach some level of yukyness for the people in the theatres.
As long as it fits the picture im content with it.
the shower scene i dont trust, it feels a little Alien: R, the xeno's gets loose on the ship and then sexy young couples are being taken down like they are on camp crystal lake style, and everybody is surprised by the outbreak and all being picked off one by one, while a small group try to reach the escape pods or something.

Corporal Hicks

I jumped the gun a little. Fox isn't making an official announcement about the trailer tonight but let's just say that Christmas is going to be bloody.  ;)

nanison

nanison

It's pretty simple, if you choose to go graphic in a horrorfilm you gonna have a lot of blood. When you think about the Alien chestburster scene it clearly doesn't have enough blood to be realistic. It doesn't take anything away from that scene though, still and forever classic.

I really don't understand the worries. You're gonna get what you all wanted for decades. But this time it's probably more graphic because you know movie technology is better now so you can show more.
It should be intense and from what we heard today it is intense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed