Hasbro/Kenner's Alien and Predator toy Thread

Started by TITANOSAUR, Jul 27, 2013, 04:14:37 AM

Author
Hasbro/Kenner's Alien and Predator toy Thread (Read 7,815 times)

Hudson

Here's a really blurry picture of the Hive Wars figures I have, and in the back you can see the two other Predators.

Sexy Poot

I remember seeing the Hive Wars figures all the time at KB. The aliens look bad but the preds look awesome.

Xenomrph

Yeah, I always wanted the Hive Wars Preds.

Hudson

I think the blue one is cool...but the Night Stalker one...wtf is up with that?

TITANOSAUR

Awesome pic, but lets try and get some more more detailed pics of the individual figures in hand.

Say lets also talk about the unproduced figures as well. anyone know how far they tried to go, I hear Rumors of a Predalien and such.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Hudson on Jul 27, 2013, 04:58:51 AM
A lot of them are on Amazon anywhere from $7 in package up to around $50.

I really wish I could've had these as a kid, but the only ones I was able to collect were the shitty Hive Wars series, which I still have. They were the ones at KB Toys (right store?) consistently.

I had to look that up because I'd never heard of it. The hell are you smoking man, those hive war aliens look boss as f**k.

Xenomrph

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Aug 07, 2013, 09:02:12 PM
Awesome pic, but lets try and get some more more detailed pics of the individual figures in hand.

Say lets also talk about the unproduced figures as well. anyone know how far they tried to go, I hear Rumors of a Predalien and such.
PredAlien was planned, but never got past the "we should do this" talking stage as far as I'm aware.

I have one of the prototype masks for the planned 4-armed "Heavy Gunner Predator" figure, it's chilling on my computer desk right now.

StayFrosty

Anyone know what was up with this baby-blue colored alien?

I think I heard it was part of some genocide comic book take off, which is why its color is so weird? I wouldn't know because I didn't read the comics. But I'm confused now with the new Genocide Neca 2-pack which had a red alien, not blue.

Hudson

Quote from: StayFrosty on Aug 08, 2013, 04:53:49 AM

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Kenner-RARE-BLUE-Warrior-Alien-Action-Figure-1996-ULTRA-RARE-PACKAGE-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$(KGrHqR,!rIE+8cTtSiEBQQU0Z,mbg~~60_35.JPG

I think I heard it was part of some genocide comic book take off, which is why its color is so weird? I wouldn't know because I didn't read the comics. But I'm confused now with the new Genocide Neca 2-pack which had a red alien, not blue.

No. That has nothing to do with Genocide, otherwise it'd be red.

SM

Or blackish/ greenish.

Sexy Poot

Quote from: StayFrosty on Aug 08, 2013, 04:53:49 AM

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Kenner-RARE-BLUE-Warrior-Alien-Action-Figure-1996-ULTRA-RARE-PACKAGE-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$(KGrHqR,!rIE+8cTtSiEBQQU0Z,mbg~~60_35.JPG

That was actually the last one I bought  A LONG time ago in KB Toys. I always wondered why it was "aqua sky blue" myself. At the time I didn't care cause it was the only "normal" alien alongside the others. It's definitely different but I'll always love it because of the memories.

Hudson

I wonder more about some of those other designs before I wonder about the color of a really basic Alien.

SM

It looks like the one from the AvP double pack.

...just blue.

JokersWarPig

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Aug 08, 2013, 06:18:29 AM
It looks like the one from the AvP double pack.

...just blue.
That's exactly what it is - KB Toys got some pretty oddball repaints near the end of the Kenner toyline's run.

Having said that, one of the better KB repaints is the Scorpion Alien done up in all black with slight silver highlights, it's pretty slick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed