Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 66,414 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote"In Prometheus, the biomechanical details on the walls and ground [of the derelict] are much finer, better defined, because this environment is meant to be in almost mint condition. There is no sign of decay, of rust, nor of translucent slime as in Alien, because time yet hasn't had its effect."
~ Prosthetics supervisor, Conor O'Sullivan

The Derelict was in Prometheus? ::)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 02, 2013, 04:51:43 PM
Quote"In Prometheus, the biomechanical details on the walls and ground [of the derelict] are much finer, better defined, because this environment is meant to be in almost mint condition. There is no sign of decay, of rust, nor of translucent slime as in Alien, because time yet hasn't had its effect."

The Derelict was in Prometheus? ::)
Only handing you a quote to support your argument, ffs.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm know. :-\ thank you.

Just makin' a joke is all. :(

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 02, 2013, 05:14:39 PM

We don't make jokes about the derelict. It's serious business. Now you will have to die.

Spoiler

Just kidding. AH-HAW AH-HAW AH-HAW!
[close]

For some reason I get the feeling that this project is going to end up in development Hell for a few years. I don't know why. It just feels like Prometheus was their one real shot to get everyone really excited for this series again, and instead it's left people kinda as a collective mixed bag. Some loved it, some hated it, a lot are just kinda... "Eh. It looked nice, and stuff."

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 02, 2013, 05:35:53 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 02, 2013, 05:14:39 PM

We don't make jokes about the derelict. It's serious business. Now you will have to die.

Spoiler

Just kidding. AH-HAW AH-HAW AH-HAW!
[close]

For some reason I get the feeling that this project is going to end up in development Hell for a few years. I don't know why. It just feels like Prometheus was their one real shot to get everyone really excited for this series again, and instead it's left people kinda as a collective mixed bag. Some loved it, some hated it, a lot are just kinda... "Eh. It looked nice, and stuff."
I think things are pretty much in motion... in that the studio want it, Scott wants to make it and the actors want to be on board. As with a lot of these things it's now done to logistics and getting a script signed off.

Gazz

Gazz

That being said talk of the film is still going many many months after it's release. And the Alien series is not something Fox are likely to leave in development hell for too long, especially considering it still has the capability to make $400m+ world wide. I think the problem is going to be Ridley Scott himself to be honest. He's a little flip flop on what he wants to do next and he's hardly a spring chicken. Also Fassbender's schedule is rather full at the moment. Fingers crossed that it happens though. 

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Gazz on Mar 02, 2013, 06:10:08 PM
And the Alien series is not something Fox are likely to leave in development hell for too long

Alien³

Alien³

It's been in development hell since A:R. ;)

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 02, 2013, 07:47:27 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Mar 02, 2013, 06:10:08 PM
And the Alien series is not something Fox are likely to leave in development hell for too long

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0032/7882/products/lol_alien_medium.png

7 Alien related films in little over 3 decades means we have never waited too long for an Alien related film.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The AVP films don't really count. They're not Alien films. THey have those other guys with the glow-in-the-dark blood in there.

So we waited roughly 14 years for another Alien movie, and roughly 30+ years for Ridley to give it a second go.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 02, 2013, 10:02:52 PM
The AVP films don't really count. They're not Alien films. THey have those other guys with the glow-in-the-dark blood in there.

They did when I was counting as they're relevant in the point I was making. AvP or not Fox rarely sit on the franchise, whether that means pairing it up with another popular series or going stand alone. You can add as many limitations to that list as you wish, but my point remains. Also worth note is that many Alien fans wanted AvP and many count them along with the Alien films.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 02, 2013, 04:49:19 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 02, 2013, 04:45:03 PM
Read...

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Derelict_Ship

Quote"The Derelict is believed to have crashed on Acheron several millennia prior to the arrival of the Nostromo."

Although it says "believed" everyone says it's been there waaaaay before Prometheus.

ehmmm wikipedia and supervisor...sorry it has to be the part of the story to be legit eg. if a geologist character says that its million years old with a carbonmeter  taking a sample from the derelict not Dallas who pushes buttons on a spacetruck

ChrisPachi

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 03, 2013, 12:20:46 AMif a geologist character says that its million years old with a carbonmeter

I no longer trust geologists in this universe.

It doesn't matter who says it, it's exposition, eg. what the film makers are telling you.

SpaceMarines

I don't care what people say, Lindelof is a talented writer. Be nice if he came back for the sequel, but was given time to do a few more drafts before filming started. That's the only thing I find off with Prometheus' script; all the pieces were there, they just needed some refining.

Gash

Gash

There's nothing to contradict the original derelict being thousands or millions of years old. If the Engineers have been ferrying weapons around for eons then they've evolved into smaller beings and they've moved on from using dangerous eggs to using slightly less risky urns. If you buy that the eggs are just eggs rather than infected crew as originally implied.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed