Space Jockey........Engineer or something else?

Started by palerider, Jun 26, 2017, 04:56:42 PM

Author
Space Jockey........Engineer or something else? (Read 30,945 times)

[cancerblack]

This deserves a proper reply, but I'm on my phone all day today and I'd rather wait til I'm at the computer later on.

Thatguy2068

That alright dude

littlesprout

This for me is similar to the "what canon do you prefer" thread. Some will go strictly as to what the film shows or what was intended - meaning the space jockeys are engineers and vice versa.

Myself personally, the engineers are a sub species of a more ancient form of beings that are the space jockeys.

The space jockeys knew of the xenomorph (but did not create it, maybe tried to harness them) and they are the "ancient" beings of their universe.

The engineers are the more advanced race from these beings and the black goo is just thousands of years of perfection of weapons - like the musket ball to the atom bomb.

But once again, just my canon.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I feel 'Prometheus' answered this with a question; "They created us.. but who created them? We'll never know. But here's what we do know..."

So my personal head canon like many other here; The Pilots created the engineers, who revered them as gods. Eventually the engineers themselves became technologically advanced (hell, if you want to take into account the hologram on board the derelict in 'Aliens: Colonial Marines', then the derelict was engaged in a space battle with a flying saucer... 2000+ years ago we saw engineers using a flying saucer when seeding Earth (or paradise, depending how you read that scene). Perhaps engineers stole Pilot tech and recreated it themselves - notice the engineers who seeded Earth had no body augments yet. Eventually, like their creators, the engineers created humans in their own image, to be revered as gods... paradise saw a success story, as the human civilisation there flourished under their rule (until David wiped them out) - Earth on the other hand was not so successful, when we crucified an engineer and drove out our creators, causing them to prepare a pathogen to wipe out their rebellious failures. We, like our creators, became technologically advanced and created synthetics in our own image, to obey us..as Peter Weyland put it "we are the gods now" ...and we know later in Alien history, synthetics will design Autons in their own image (such as Call in Alien Resurrection) - the cycle repeats endlessly.

Now the question is; does the cycle of the Xenomorph also loop endlessly... we saw ovomorphs in the hold of the derelict...and urns in the hold of the juggernaut.. in the same way the engineers developed the pathogen based upon the Xenomorph (as per the mural) what would man have created based upon the pathogen? We know what David created (reverse engineered) and he got it pretty darn close to the source, but had it not been a synthetic creating this, I wonder what monstrosity man may have created from the pathogen over time.. perhaps that's what the alien is.. the universe's/evolutions answer and reset button to kickstart the next cycle..the Xenomorph destroyed the pilots, the pathogen destroyed the engineers...perhaps our bio weapon (the Ripley/Xeno hybrid xenos)is what will eventually destroy us and pave the way for Autons time to reign 😂

littlesprout

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 11, 2023, 06:47:37 PMI feel 'Prometheus' answered this with a question; "They created us.. but who created them? We'll never know. But here's what we do know..."

So my personal head canon like many other here; The Pilots created the engineers, who revered them as gods. Eventually the engineers themselves became technologically advanced (hell, if you want to take into account the hologram on board the derelict in 'Aliens: Colonial Marines', then the derelict was engaged in a space battle with a flying saucer... 2000+ years ago we saw engineers using a flying saucer when seeding Earth (or paradise, depending how you read that scene). Perhaps engineers stole Pilot tech and recreated it themselves - notice the engineers who seeded Earth had no body augments yet. Eventually, like their creators, the engineers created humans in their own image, to be revered as gods... paradise saw a success story, as the human civilisation there flourished under their rule (until David wiped them out) - Earth on the other hand was not so successful, when we crucified an engineer and drove out our creators, causing them to prepare a pathogen to wipe out their rebellious failures. We, like our creators, became technologically advanced and created synthetics in our own image, to obey us..as Peter Weyland put it "we are the gods now" ...and we know later in Alien history, synthetics will design Autons in their own image (such as Call in Alien Resurrection) - the cycle repeats endlessly.

Now the question is; does the cycle of the Xenomorph also loop endlessly... we saw ovomorphs in the hold of the derelict...and urns in the hold of the juggernaut.. in the same way the engineers developed the pathogen based upon the Xenomorph (as per the mural) what would man have created based upon the pathogen? We know what David created (reverse engineered) and he got it pretty darn close to the source, but had it not been a synthetic creating this, I wonder what monstrosity man may have created from the pathogen over time.. perhaps that's what the alien is.. the universe's/evolutions answer and reset button to kickstart the next cycle..the Xenomorph destroyed the pilots, the pathogen destroyed the engineers...perhaps our bio weapon (the Ripley/Xeno hybrid xenos)is what will eventually destroy us and pave the way for Autons time to reign 😂

I wonder what the very first alien looked like then, maybe nothing even close to what we're used to. Like how a chicken is the long lost relative of the trex lol

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: littlesprout on Sep 11, 2023, 10:51:31 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 11, 2023, 06:47:37 PMI feel 'Prometheus' answered this with a question; "They created us.. but who created them? We'll never know. But here's what we do know..."

I wonder what the very first alien looked like then, maybe nothing even close to what we're used to. Like how a chicken is the long lost relative of the trex lol

Maybe something more like Giger's early concept art? 😃 consider the piece showing the alien life cycle, framed by a creature (a parallel to the Egyptian goddess Nuit)with the small egg being born from its stomach before growing to full size and infecting the Jockey... not at all unlike David later making ovomorphs from Shaws ovaries 😁

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about this😅...

The Alien is ancient, but the Engineers didn't create it, they found it. Searching for the homeworld of their creators, they come across a  biomechanical planet; built by an unseen extraterrestrial species, beings that may exist across multiple dimensions. The artificial celestial body is controlled by a hive intelligence; something like an alien Von Neumann machine:

From the bio brain data, the Engineers discover that the Aliens are feral cousins genetically related to the Creators.

The biobrain used the Alien's parasitic DNA to create the black pathogen; nanomachines that, after breaking down an organism at a molecular level, can use its DNA to plant life on planets.

The Engineers went from creations to creators, and created a religion whose center of worship was the Alien.

They choose a young member of their civilization to be sacrificed and use their DNA to seed worlds.

It sounds like bad fanfiction, but I couldn't resist posting it..😅

Neila

Did you create these images yourself?

Immortan Jonesy

Well yeah in a way😅, but at the same time not really lol..i mean
..alittle bit of everything: prompts with AI, video editing apps, sometimes the giphy app, online conversion from mpa4 to gif addobe, remove background site and that is it. :)🙏

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Anki: I'm going to walk a path
which I have never walked through, I'm going on a trip unknown to me.

They brought me my armor, my powerful swords,
the bow and the quiver,
and they put it in my hands.

I took the adzes,  trembling of me,
the arch of Anshan;
I put the sword in my belt.

Now I'm ready.

2 different castes / cultures...with different agendas. The Elders high priest-like ones and the bio-punk one. Maybe space jockeys?

Anki sets off on his journey, while a curious but worried Erish watches from the city's exit.

He doesn't travel alone. He is accompanied by Eshkar & Amah. Eshkar is a warrior just like Anki, while Amah is an architect.

This was an expedition to a forbidden place; to the Temple of the God of war Marduk.

For millennia, the Sumerians have been visited by their creators, in the form of emissaries in order to enlighten humanity with knowledge.

Leaving their dangerous offspring behind.

....and maybe even the Space Jockey pilot become the starship itself.

Edit ~ it is all horseshite amyways😅👍🙈🙊

😒👉👈

Neila

Very interesting.
It's amazing to see that there are some fans who are inspired by the prequel story, or at least the general direction of it, to expand the story or bring it to a somewhat reasonable conclusion.
I really liked the setting of both prequels and the pictures you post here are in no way inferior.
the temple-like buildings with the biomechanical structure look great.
Oh, it would have been nice if Prometheus and Covenant had had a more solid structure in the story and didn't raise endless questions...

Immortan Jonesy

I suck at writing😅 I'm just trying to give context to my AI prompts...🙈

▶️ There were gianst on Earth in twose days - Fanfiction

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

More silly sad stories 👀👉👈

▶️ Shitty fanfic

Immortan Jonesy

Yup...🙊😅👉👈

▶️ The Cydonia Incident

Wweyland

Spoiler
Is Dark Descent the first official "canon" source to indicate they are a different species? Or are the "Ancient Citizens" even a third species?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed