"I've Seen the Creature... What is It?" Help Identify Stuff.

Started by windebieste, Dec 06, 2015, 05:26:38 AM

Author
"I've Seen the Creature... What is It?" Help Identify Stuff. (Read 751 times)

windebieste

So, I bought this little figure of Grid almost 5 years ago from a flea market. 

It was loose and  not accompanied by any packaging or documentation.  The vendor couldn't tell me anything about it.  The figure itself is about 3-4 inches tall and stands on a fragment of the pyramid.  On the underside can be found the copyright details, (C) FOX 2005, MADE IN CHINA but I have no idea who the manufacturer is. 

I'm assuming the figure is part of a set but I have no in that regard.  Is it a Kaiyodo;  or maybe some other Japanese product line item?  It has sat on my desk for years now I have been curious about it for a long time. 

Thank you if you can help identify this item.  I'd like to know if it was part of a set and who made it.

-Windebieste.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I'll look around for you in the meantime but I'm almost positive I saw these years ago.

I think they were sold separate and there's a whole set. There was the Elder Predator, Scar, Celtic, the Queen, and some other aliens and they were busts or something of the sort.

Will find out the name for you!

Found it, my gut was right!!!

http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/pages/productDetails.asp?productId=KOTO-890965-6

Kotobukiya is the name of the people who made it....I knew it began with a K...

windebieste

Ah, Thank you!  Mystery finally solved.  At least I was correct in guessing it was part of a Japanese product range.  I got that bit right.

I dug around and found some more info regarding it. It is indeed a Kotobukiya One-Coin AvP Figure.  A 'blind box' random capsule item.

"This item is a series of gashapon (capsule toys) or trading figures depicting characters from science fiction. 

"Please note that these are trading figures and are individually sealed and randomly packed in boxes of 12 before shipment to HobbyLink Japan. As a result we are unable to honour requests for individual or specific figures, nor can we promise you which one(s) you will receive in a box. Please order only if you are willing to accept any of the possible types."

Of course, they are no longer available as they were originally released in 2005 and have since been sold out.  The complete list of 6 figures:

- Elder Predator
- Scar Predator
- Celtic Predator
- Alien Queen Bust
- Grid Alien
- Alien Egg with Facehugger

Item SKU: koto-890965-6
Company: Kotobukiya
Scale/Size: 9 - 12cm
Weight : 0.68kg
SOLD OUT

I found this image and others like it that depict all the figures, 7 of them altogether.  Well, that's odd; but yes.  There's a 7th figure, a full standing Queen, that's not on the list.  I'm guessing it's a rare item.

7 figures in a set of 6.  Part of the very interesting Japanese way of doing things.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.  It helped a lot.

-Windebieste.

DerelictShip

Yeah buddy, no problem. As soon as I saw the picture I knew I had come across it in my travels before

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed