Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 105,779 times)

Jeru

QuoteSo if the Jockey is just a suit, that negates that a chestburster busted through its ribs.

We've seen that an alien can go through a space suit in the case of the facehugger and Kane. I don't think it's entirely impossible that a chestburster (especially one the size that made the hole in the Space Jockey suit) to burst through a sort of armor.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

"How does Ridley Scott's Prometheus fit into universe of the Alien films?

Quite simply: it has the Alien aliens in it. The catch, though, is that you might not recognise them – at least, not at first.

Remember how the alien took on canine qualities after gestating in a dog? You may even suppose that the first film's alien was so recognisably humanoid because it had grown in a human. The same applies here: generation by generation, the creature mutates. As Prometheus begins, the xenomorph is not too recognisable. Sure, it has that alien DNA that Scott and Fassbender teasingly referred to, but it's missing... well, it's missing human DNA. Or dog DNA.

All you have to do is imagine how it might look if it were to mix DNA with another alien species... and I think we're starting to work it all out."

Also, this quote from bleedingcool way back in February suggests a never before seen version of the alien is in Prometheus. But these sources could all be full of shit. obviously the source who told Corporal Hicks that they seen the 'Giger designed Alien' was telling fibs as scott has blatantly confirmed that the original alien will not be in Prometheus at all.

Engineer1

The bleeding cool quote looks wrong to me, since the Engineers are looking to be almost human they could with no problem give birth to the xenos we know.
I strongly believe that the xenos are an way much older bioweapon and that the creature we will se in Prometheus will not be their ancestors but a new race created from the same biotechnology.
And if they are from the same tech the new creatures can possibly have some designs features that are close to the original Xenos.

BonesawT101

and what makes you strongly believe that?

zuzuki

Quote from: Jeru on Dec 17, 2011, 06:58:18 PM
QuoteSo if the Jockey is just a suit, that negates that a chestburster busted through its ribs.

We've seen that an alien can go through a space suit in the case of the facehugger and Kane. I don't think it's entirely impossible that a chestburster (especially one the size that made the hole in the Space Jockey suit) to burst through a sort of armor.

well yeah but that mean the space jockey was dead inside that suit in alien, after the xeno errupted from his chest.some remains should have remained inside the suit,but it didn't seemed that way.
we are over analyzing it.maybe they just decided to change the nature of the space jockey for prometheus,to better tell or fit the story of the movie

Bio Mech Hunter

"EGE: Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *rage quits life*

Valaquen

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Dec 17, 2011, 07:50:47 PM

He first said this a year and a half ago. Why are people surprised now?

BonesawT101

when fassbender said in the EW article "there's definitely a link to Alien, there's creatures in it you'll recognise"

can we assume he was simply referring to the spacejockey?

(though if that was a suit with a being inside it then technically that wouldn't be a 'creature', just armour/ a suit, thus it would be something we haven't seen before and obviously wouldn't recognise!)

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Dec 17, 2011, 07:27:20 PM
and what makes you strongly believe that?

That would explain why the Derelict ship was on LV426 for eons, why the SJ (or his suit) is fosilised.
Without having to resort to time travel to justify it's presence and state.
The Xeno being an old bioweapon used to colonize planets.
Storywise it works better than having some sort of proto or pure xeno in PROMETHEUS.
It fits whats Scott's trying to do, create new worlds, new creatures that evokes the old ones but move forward not back.

If we had a straight sequel, those new creatures would have been the proto xeno and the crashing ship the Derelict but since it's no more it seems to me to be the obvious way to make it work.

But i could be wrong :)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 17, 2011, 07:51:43 PM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Dec 17, 2011, 07:50:47 PM

He first said this a year and a half ago. Why are people surprised now?

No idea, perhaps that thread a while back about prepping people rather obviously that Prometheus wasn't   A   L   I   E   N, wasn't such a daft idea afterall? Surely the whole announcement that this wasn't a prequel was a way of negating any protracted assumptions that xenomorphs aliens as they were, were not going to feature. You only had to read between the lines to see that it was still an  A  L  I  E  N  prequel, but one that wasn't tied to the expected ingredients. Well, that's only a good thing IMHO, sequels and prequels that follow a (tick box) formula are pointless. Nothing that has been revealed about Prometheus in these new snippets disappoints or particularly surprises me. Nothing's changed, it's just getting dangerously close to spoiler territory now so I'm going to have to wean myself away from this forum so I can enjoy the story when it's released.

OhYouWantSomeOfThis

Okay, if all Giger did was some damn murals, I'm going to be upset.

EEV-2501

Two franchises with the same point of Origin (Jockeys) ?

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: OhYouWantSomeOfThis on Dec 17, 2011, 08:30:19 PM
Okay, if all Giger did was some damn murals, I'm going to be upset.

i doubt that, i get the feeling there will be an early (maybe non humanoid) version of the xeno or some other creature that giger has designed but ridley doesn't want to give it away.

thanks

rich

Gash

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 17, 2011, 08:41:09 PM
Two franchises with the same point of Origin (Jockeys) ?

What franchise is that?

EEV-2501

^Alien and Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed