What cut Creature would you like to see in future media

Started by Thatguy2068, Oct 02, 2023, 09:48:20 PM

Author
What cut Creature would you like to see in future media (Read 9,685 times)

Still Collating...

Yeah, the rabbis, low makeup effort zombie Fifield being unconvincingly tossed around by a cable was very immersion breaking to me. To me, the CGI creature looks a lot more convincing and story appropriate.

And the other Alien variants are fantastic, especially the Ultramorph. Looks imposing and much better than the Deacon. Honestly, to me, the Deacon was the worst design out of all of the concepts. They went with the worst one, the alien with the derpy duck face.

SM

Is that guy capable of having an original thought?

BlueMarsalis79

SM

Alien Theory.

I was poking fun at his history of plagiarism and making lots of videos reading things other people have written.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2023, 11:02:39 AMAlien Theory.

I was poking fun at his history of plagiarism and making lots of videos reading things other people have written.
There was an entire other post between that which made this very confusing

SM

I have only just realised this.

I should use the quote function more often.

Just in case...

Quote from: SiL on Nov 26, 2023, 12:15:36 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2023, 11:02:39 AMAlien Theory.

There was an entire other post between that which made this very confusing

I have only just realised this.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 26, 2023, 12:51:46 AMYeah, the rabbis, low makeup effort zombie Fifield being unconvincingly tossed around by a cable was very immersion breaking to me. To me, the CGI creature looks a lot more convincing and story appropriate.

And the other Alien variants are fantastic, especially the Ultramorph. Looks imposing and much better than the Deacon. Honestly, to me, the Deacon was the worst design out of all of the concepts. They went with the worst one, the alien with the derpy duck face.
I disagree on your opinion with the Deacon, I think it looks pretty cool, and there is a lot of speculation that this is just a chestburster stage it didn't have time to grow yet. I do agree that it would have been great to see the other creatures from past  scripes but the one we got ain't so bad to me

skhellter

it's more than speculation, it very clearly has just been born. baby stage.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 27, 2023, 01:27:59 PMit's more than speculation, it very clearly has just been born. baby stage.
Yeah you're right, I really wish we get to spend more screen time on this thing only confirmation we got it turn into a f##king mountain because the black goo mutated it which is one doesn't make sense due to the fact that this goo is literally apart of the deacon lifecycle

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 27, 2023, 01:32:31 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Nov 27, 2023, 01:27:59 PMit's more than speculation, it very clearly has just been born. baby stage.
Yeah you're right, I really wish we get to spend more screen time on this thing only confirmation we got it turn into a f##king mountain because the black goo mutated it which is one doesn't make sense due to the fact that this goo is literally apart of the deacon lifecycle

It is still absolutely baffling to me that the only time Dark Horse ever got to play with concepts from Prometheus was in a massive crossover event that spanned across Predator and AVP titles, especially when Prometheus had already jettisoned AVP out the airlock and they were under so many ever-shifting restrictions already to avoid doing anything that might accidentally bump into what "Prometheus 2" was planning to do at the time.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2023, 01:46:15 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 27, 2023, 01:32:31 PM

It is still absolutely baffling to me that the only time Dark Horse ever got to play with concepts from Prometheus was in a massive crossover event that spanned across Predator and AVP titles, especially when Prometheus had already jettisoned AVP out the airlock and they were under so many ever-shifting restrictions already to avoid doing anything that might accidentally bump into what "Prometheus 2" was planning to do at the time.
And the only thing that was connected to Prometheus within covenant was David 8, and that's about it. Literally the Deacon was almost forgotten about after Prometheus, this was the only time that it was "mentioned". We need an actual Prometheus 2 that focuses on the Deacon

skhellter

speaking of.

only "adult deacon" designs i liked so far where the ones by colin shulver.

the green ones in the middle here

https://colinshulver-art.artstation.com/projects/JVOzZ

Thatguy2068

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 27, 2023, 02:01:08 PMspeaking of.

only "adult deacon" designs i liked so far where the ones by colin shulver.

the green ones in the middle here

https://colinshulver-art.artstation.com/projects/JVOzZ

Those concept art looks pretty cool but not my cup of tea for the adult deacon, I would like it if it were more biomechanical imo

Nightmare Asylum

As with everything else in Covenant, I'd imagine that the mechanical elements all going to come later on in "Destiny."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed