Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,285 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 02, 2020, 03:06:58 PM
And "tittle" is "title" when somebody types really fast

And showing you pictures of Civil War when you're talking The Winter Soldier is someone drinking... and posting.  Sorry!   :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Good drinking, then  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Red Dragon

The Wolverine

Kradan

Kradan

Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition

I have Rise of Skywalker deja vu all over again. If you only listen to internet you might think this is one of the most terrible things ever made. I'm rather enjoyed it than not. It's probably on the same level with Batman Begins for me - not in terms of competent film-making but purely in terms of enjoyment.

Spoiler
I watched it mostly for Batman parts and surprisingly there wasn't as much of Batman action which is a bit dissapointing. On the other hand, I felt Batman had a nice sense of build-up. At the beginning, you see only glimpses of him moving on walls like literal giant bat. Especially I liked bit at LexCorp - you just see him droping from above on camera and that's enough to give you idea of what happened. I saw bits of warehouse fight on YT but didn't expect to see it this late in the movie. I'd say it was well done - better than all fight scenes in Nolan trilogy. Oh, and Alfred was just kinda there

I don't really care much about Superman tbh. I felt that while there was not enough Batman there was sure a lot of Superman. I mean, Jesus Christ he already had a whole movie dedicated to him. Why not develop the character you introduce in that movie instead ? That said, I enjoyed that interpretation of Superman. There were several moments when he was genuinely terrifying. That's why I was satisfied when Batman kicked his ass.

Lex Luthor was more of a Joker than Lex Luthor. That was weird but not awful. And I enjoyed his theme a lot. In fact, it's probably the only piece of score I enjoyed - the rest was kinda "meh". Hans did a better job in TDK trilogy

I think movie could've easily done without Wonder Woman
[close]

Terminator: Dark Fate

Can't say I've enjoyed it any more than first time. The main positive for me is that movie got tone/feel/atmosphere of Terminator movie right. Of all the sequels it came the closest to that feel of unstoppable force chasing you that first two had. Plot was mostly re-hash of T2 which is surprise to nobody at this point.

Spoiler
Ok, let's talk about some of controversial things in the movie. John Connor death haven't bothered me as much but it sure felt distasteful especially if you see the movie as direct sequel to Judgment Day. And more importantly, I struggle to see the point of it if we get John Connor stand-in anyway

The same goes for Legion. What's the point of it if it's basically Skynet ?

Carl on the other hand is among things I've liked. Logical problems aside, I find idea of Terminator turning good because of its necessity to have point for its existence pretty fascinating even though it was basically an excuse to have a good T-800 once again. I don't mind seeing Arnold in Terminator movie again though and think Dark Fate didn't try to force him upon me right from the start like Genysis did - "Oh look - It's Arnold from first Terminator ! Oh look - It's older Arnold! Oh look - it's even more older Arnold! ". He still had bits of Genysis sense of humour but I found it more appropriate here:

Spoiler

I liked the tension between him and Sarah. The parts where she remembered that she actually lost her son were well done. But parts where she was just acting badass were not so much

Rev-9 even though was basically same idea as T-X from third one at least wasn't bad John Connor from Genysis that was screaming "Look at me and what a great CGI do I have! " whenever he was on screen. He wasn't over the top villain and reminded me much more of T-1000. He was very human like or very cold and calculated depending on situation which is appreciated. And, believe it or not, when Genysis was coming out and I was going through my Terminator obssesion phase, I've came up with the idea of Terminator being able to separate into solid one and fluid one. I was 14 back then

The other two characters were not as memorable. Especially John Connor stand-in. Especially in future scenes. I don't find her terribly convincing as savior of humanity. AND IT'S NOT BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN but because you don't turn people on your side by saying "Machines want us fighting each other so we shouldn't"
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Just watched BVS Ultimate Edition the other day.

More fun than I remembered. Ben's Batman is definitely the main draw for me, but I just can't stand Lex Luthor in that movie. Absolutely awful performance and writing, imo.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

In his serious movie for grownups, Zack had Lex piss in a jar. :laugh:

SiL

SiL

I'm Thinking of Ending Things

Both the title of the film and a recurring thought while watching. The performances definitely drew me through the lengthier sections, but frustratingly, none of it amounts to anything. I understand the ending, I get the "point", but that doesn't make the point any less deeply unsatisfying in how it's executed.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tenet

I liked it quite a bit, but it really did feel like it was just an excuse to do cool time inversion stuff.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I liked that the ultimate villain basically was:

Spoiler
[close]

;D

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Get Duked!

Wanted to watch something random and this definitely checked that off. Not a bad comedy, different which was nice and filmed pretty good. Ridiculous, but in a good way.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: kwisatz on Sep 05, 2020, 10:54:25 PM
I liked that the ultimate villain basically was:

Spoiler
[close]

;D

:D

SiL

SiL

The New Mutants

A movie which succeeds in both being seeable by the human eye and audible to the human ear. Of the films I've seen in 2020, this is one of them.

SM

SM

One Armed Swordsman
Return of the One Armed Swordsman
New One Armed Swordsman

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Sep 06, 2020, 08:35:30 AM
The New Mutants

A movie which succeeds in both being seeable by the human eye and audible to the human ear. Of the films I've seen in 2020, this is one of them.

"Succeeds" is what they'll use on the poster.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Sep 06, 2020, 11:21:23 PM
One Armed Swordsman
Return of the One Armed Swordsman
New One Armed Swordsman

Sounds like a great trilogy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed