Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,342 times)

Kradan

Kradan

The Predator

Oh boy. For a while I was kinda scared to re-watch the movie because suspected that it would turn out to be much worse than I remembered

...it kinda did and didn't. It still entertaining ride and I can easily watch it to the end. Loonies are still fun and Predator action is still ... OK ?

Movie's issues became more glaring to me though. You name it: messy editing, Fugitive's early death, autism stuff, global warming bullshit, Predator Dogs, Casey being scientist and shooting guns perfectly at the same time, "true warrior McKenna" twist, ending ... Movie full of flaws and I wouldn't be able to get much enjoyment out of it if didn't treat as nothing but "it's so trash it's fun"

Still not as bad as Requiem. I know it's not much of an achievement, but still ...

Ivan The Insect

Ivan The Insect

Currently on a Dune marathon! Finished the 80s one the other day so now I'm on to the 2000s mini series.

Huggs

Huggs

John Wick 3.

Easily the worst of the bunch.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 04, 2020, 04:47:01 AM
I don't know why I haven't seen The 13th Warrior before, but now I'm looking forward to watch it. No to mention I like epic heroes like Beowulf. There are echoes of that in Michael Crichton's novel, according to what I read.  8)

Now, if the movie is that good, it's a shame that bombed at the box office.

Crichton wrote the novel on a bet, to prove to a friend that Beowulf could be interesting and exciting. And I'd argue that for me, 13th Warrior is the best Beowulf movie, but there are so many I haven't seen.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 04, 2020, 03:27:24 PM
John Wick 3.

Easily the worst of the bunch.

Easily indeed.

Hudson

Hudson

Watched The Witch for the second time last night, and I loved it even more than the first time. I love the visuals, the score, the overall tone of it. I'm still vaguely unclear on 100% of what's happening, to be completely honest, but I put this one up there with It Follows, Hereditary, The Babadook, etc.

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 04, 2020, 07:58:30 AM
The Predator

Oh boy. For a while I was kinda scared to re-watch the movie because suspected that it would turn out to be much worse than I remembered

...it kinda did and didn't. It still entertaining ride and I can easily watch it to the end. Loonies are still fun and Predator action is still ... OK ?

Movie's issues became more glaring to me though. You name it: messy editing, Fugitive's early death, autism stuff, global warming bullshit, Predator Dogs, Casey being scientist and shooting guns perfectly at the same time, "true warrior McKenna" twist, ending ... Movie full of flaws and I wouldn't be able to get much enjoyment out of it if didn't treat as nothing but "it's so trash it's fun"

Still not as bad as Requiem. I know it's not much of an achievement, but still ...

On top of everything you listed in particular there, on my second viewing of the movie I was truck by how horribly plotted it is. The long series of scenes where they're running around Tennessee suburbia in an RV is particularly aimless and doesn't feel like Predator at all.

Huggs

Huggs

The Grey

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Belloq is so smug that God pulled a Scanners on him.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Rise of Skywalker

I put it off for a long time becasue The Last Jedi was so terrible

Shasvre

Shasvre

Frozen II - 8.5/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Hateful Eight

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 07, 2020, 04:43:07 AM
The Hateful Eight

"4 measly bullets, and there goes senior bob"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 07, 2020, 04:44:41 AM
The Hateful Eight

"Marco ain't worth a peso!"

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 07, 2020, 05:42:20 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 07, 2020, 04:44:41 AM
The Hateful Eight

"Marco ain't worth a peso!"

"But can you prove it cabron?!"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed