Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,691 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Thing (the Carpenter one)

Been entirely too long since I last watched this. It's still fantastic. Maybe my favourite ever Kurt Russell role. Love his "I know I'm still human" speech.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2019, 07:37:56 PM

Been entirely too long since I last watched this. It's still fantastic. Maybe my favourite ever Kurt Russell role. Love his "I know I'm still human" speech.

That's one of my favorite scenes for sure! That, the blood testing scene, and I always loved how just incredibly eerie that wolf appeared to be in the beginning of the film just walking around the station.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Les Miserables (2012)

Great film. That scene where Jackman swims through shit is the perfect metaphor for what making X-Men Origins must have been like.

Huggs

Huggs

Raise The Titanic (3/5)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 10, 2019, 05:41:46 AM
Wrong Cops (2013)
Written and directed by the guy who made Rubber.
Second viewing. It was better the first time.
Still looking forward to his upcoming movies. Something about a killer jacket and another one about a giant fly.

Most people will know him from this video:

Quentin Dupieux aka Mr Oizo.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau (2014)
Very good documentary showing how crazy the movie business can be at times.

Child's Play (2019)
All kinds of terrible.
And seemed like a separate flick forced into a remake to capitalise on a known franchise. If it's not the case, it's even worse.

Huggs

Huggs

Blade (2/5)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 11, 2019, 12:46:33 AM
Blade (2/5)

Only a 2/5 bro? I always thought Blade was a fun movie and a solid B.

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2019, 07:37:56 PM

That always struck me as 'That's exactly what the Thing would say'.  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 11, 2019, 02:02:27 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 11, 2019, 12:46:33 AM
Blade (2/5)

Only a 2/5 bro? I always thought Blade was a fun movie and a solid B.

It would've gotten a 3 if it wasn't for Stephen Dorff.

He's just alittle too cheesy for me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Apocalypse Now - Theatrical Cut

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 11, 2019, 03:37:45 AM

I've got the new remastered 4K Special Edition package on the way that has all 3 cuts. Must admit I haven't seen the original theatrical cut in a long time.

Do you prefer it over the redux? Have you seen the new final cut as well?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Sep 11, 2019, 05:14:59 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 11, 2019, 03:37:45 AM

I've got the new remastered 4K Special Edition package on the way that has all 3 cuts. Must admit I haven't seen the original theatrical cut in a long time.

Do you prefer it over the redux? Have you seen the new final cut as well?

I've not seen the new cut, but I prefer the theatrical over redux. Those plantation scenes go on forever and really drag it down for me.

SM

SM

I like bits of the plantation stuff, and Apocalypse Now is one of the films you can really get immersed in, so spending extra time immersed isn't a bad thing - but overall, the Theatrical Version is the superior one.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Sep 11, 2019, 06:21:38 AM
I like bits of the plantation stuff, and Apocalypse Now is one of the films you can really get immersed in, so spending extra time immersed isn't a bad thing - but overall, the Theatrical Version is the superior one.

I agree SM. Much like the extended edition of Aliens too - I know many prefer the theatrical cut but I love those Hadley's Hope scenes. That said the Plantation scene doesn't really offer anything to overall story in Apocalypse Now but I do find myself enjoying it regardless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed