Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,446 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Daylight (2/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Goddamnit, I cried again. :laugh:

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Die Hard With a Vengeance

So much fun

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Loads of fun. There were a couple of silly plot conveniences and the villains could have been better motivated, but otherwise it was entertaining as f**k.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I assume you're going through the whole series? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
While fun and extremely enjoyable, the character arcs could have done with a lot of work. And also the introducing of so many characters at once didnt help

The Simpsons Movie
Still a laugh.

Tango and Cash
Cheesy 80's goodness. still wonder what the original version would have been like

Pulp Fiction
A Classic. Wonder if someone edited this to be chronological

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 02, 2019, 09:50:37 AM
I assume you're going through the whole series? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah ;D

I've seen all of them at least once. Time travel and ripping off Dirty Harry's Make My Day line, heh.

Son of Godzilla

Honestly not a bad movie at all. It feels slightly padded out to hit that 86 minute mark, but otherwise it's a decent watch.

Already watched Destroy All Monsters not long ago and don't feel like watching the... thing that came after it so I'm skipping ahead to...

Godzilla vs Hedorah

Absolutely insane, which makes it really interesting to watch. I'm not really a fan of the trumpet theme for Godzilla in this, though.

Godzilla vs Gigan

I've heard for years how the Japanese version had speech bubbles for the monster talking bits, but I guess either that was a myth or that stuff is lost. I'm also kind of disappointed that the bit with Gengo calling his girlfriend a bitch was dub only. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 02, 2019, 12:04:16 PM
Tango and Cash
Cheesy 80's goodness. still wonder what the original version would have been like

Original version? Tell me more...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla vs Megalon

The cheese is officially too much for me in this one. It's not helped by Jet Jaguar being seriously shit and spending most of the fight getting his ass beat when this is supposed to be his movie. :laugh:

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1974)

I had more fun with this one this time around. The King Caesar half of the plot still ends up being pretty pointless, though. And this features what has to be the single nerdiest smoking pipe in pop culture history, heh.

Huggs

Huggs

Unstoppable (3/5)

It's still hard to believe Tony Scott is gone.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 02, 2019, 08:42:58 PMI've seen all of them at least once. Time travel and ripping off Dirty Harry's Make My Day line, heh.

One of the most insane movies I've ever seen. Although admittedly I've not seen many of the Godzilla films.

I remember once writing a review for it and trying to explain all the plot, and it wound up being more like an essay.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 03, 2019, 12:06:48 AMOriginal version? Tell me more...

It's one of those films that was heavily cut down in the edit.

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 03, 2019, 03:45:19 AMIt's still hard to believe Tony Scott is gone.

He may not be the household name his brother is, but he directed True Romance, which is one of my absolute favourite movies of all time.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 03, 2019, 12:06:48 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 02, 2019, 12:04:16 PM
Tango and Cash

Original version? Tell me more...

As Huda said, it was cut down and altered in the edit. Was rewritten by Sly. Stuff like that

Mission Impossible: Fallout
Still fantastic. Just the best in the series for me

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 03, 2019, 07:52:51 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 02, 2019, 08:42:58 PMI've seen all of them at least once. Time travel and ripping off Dirty Harry's Make My Day line, heh.

One of the most insane movies I've ever seen. Although admittedly I've not seen many of the Godzilla films.

I remember once writing a review for it and trying to explain all the plot, and it wound up being more like an essay.

Vs Hedorah might beat it in the batshit department.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 03, 2019, 07:52:51 AMIt's one of those films that was heavily cut down in the edit.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 03, 2019, 11:45:53 AM
As Huda said, it was cut down and altered in the edit. Was rewritten by Sly. Stuff like that

Now I'm even more curious.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 03, 2019, 11:57:02 AMVs Hedorah might beat it in the batshit department.

I might have to buy some beers and track it down.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 03, 2019, 08:44:05 PMNow I'm even more curious.

The MPAA seemingly had some kind of vendetta against Stallone in the 80s and 90s. Tango & Cash, Cobra, Demolition Man and Cliffhanger were all massively cut down during post-production, largely to tone down their violence. Demolition Man in particular had some major character deaths totally deleted from the film as a result.

Still, he got them back with Rambo (4), which is just insanely violent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed