Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,450 times)

Russ

Russ

Get Out... it was pretty good. I'm not sure why it got SO much lavish praise - four stars out of five maybe.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2019, 08:41:44 AMI mentioned before that I'm not a fan of westerns, but that's another of the few I really do love.

May I recommend They Call Me Trinity (1970) and My Name Is Nobody (1973) in case you haven't seen them.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Russ on Mar 20, 2019, 01:45:16 PM
Get Out... it was pretty good. I'm not sure why it got SO much lavish praise - four stars out of five maybe.

Haven't seen it yet but heard it's funny as Hell.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Geostorm

So this ismore of a techno/political thriller than a disaster movie with the disaster scenes as more window dressing than anything. But it has Gerard Butler with his impossible to place American accent, as well as President Andy Garcia, so it's not a total loss, just kind of dull. Sadly, not balls to the wall enough to be nicknamed Earth Has Fallen. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 20, 2019, 09:54:46 PM
Geostorm

So this ismore of a techno/political thriller than a disaster movie with the disaster scenes as more window dressing than anything. But it has Gerard Butler with his impossible to place American accent, as well as President Andy Garcia, so it's not a total loss, just kind of dull. Sadly, not balls to the wall enough to be nicknamed Earth Has Fallen. :laugh:

I'm going to have to start calling his other movies Egypt has Fallen, Greece has Fallen, etc. The Fallen franchise is taking over.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 20, 2019, 09:57:55 PM
Geostorm

I'm going to have to start calling his other movies Egypt has Fallen, Greece has Fallen, etc. The Fallen franchise is taking over.

Chandelier Has Fallen. ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 20, 2019, 09:59:56 PM
Geostorm

Justice has Fallen

p.s. I've fallen  ;D

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 20, 2019, 09:25:04 PM

It's a mixed bag. Not bad but nothing special either.
The small comedy element was good imo but I think it's a hit or miss depending on personal taste.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Red Heat
Hadnt watched this in years and forgot it was all Walter Hill.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 21, 2019, 02:31:48 PM
Red Heat
Hadnt watched this in years and forgot it was all Walter Hill.

Wow it's been years. 10? 15? Underrated me thinks.

Cocainum!!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I love how its all reasonably gritty and real and then there's a bus chase.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 20, 2019, 09:59:56 PM
Geostorm

The prequel to the whole Franchise

Niagara Falls.  CGI Garey Busey to make him look younger, throw in Danny Trejo, it could work

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 21, 2019, 01:36:37 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 20, 2019, 09:25:04 PM

It's a mixed bag. Not bad but nothing special either.
The small comedy element was good imo but I think it's a hit or miss depending on personal taste.

Yeah... comedy dude seemed out of pace with the whole tone of the thing... I dunno... I've seen it, would not see it again.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Watched half of The Shawshank Redemption last night.

I texted Mom earlier in the afternoon saying that there's going to be nothing on besides NCAA basketball, crap, and Shawshank. She really doesn't like the movie (because of the shower scene, and the laundry scene), so she said, "You watch it and I'll read my magazines in the kitchen."

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2019, 04:29:21 PM
I love how its all reasonably gritty and real and then there's a bus chase.

All part of Hill's charm of making it up as he went along lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed