Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,165 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ruin Me
An intriguing horror movie. Although it did muddle things as to what was going on, but was a great watch

Downrange
Now this was great. A slow burner in places with some great shocks.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ritual

The turn it takes in the third act is a bit... odd, but this is a pretty solid horror film.

Russ

Russ

Creed II

Was really, really good. Loved the portrayal of Ivan Drago (could have done with more of him to be fair)...

Spoiler
I'm not sure I want another Creed movie after this, though. It had a complete ending as far as I was concerned... I just don't know what else there is to say about this character.

I could be wrong (way wrong!)... but I don't see what else they could do (other than what's already been done).
[close]

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Finally checked out Mandy.

LOVED IT!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Supercon
A fun comedy which does pick up in its third act. Clancy Brown steals the show

Robin Hood (2018)
Visually and aesthetically stunning, but script wise, its the same old story just told differently. And the woman who plays Marion is just all looks and smiling. Ben Mendelson is the best thing about this cast wise

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 08, 2018, 01:01:43 PM
Ruin Me
An intriguing horror movie. Although it did muddle things as to what was going on, but was a great watch

Downrange

Someone has the horror channel. :laugh: I like this channel because it will show movies you don't see anywhere else, plus it has a good mixture of old and new...just wish it was in HD.

I was going to record Downrange but I accidentally read a comment which spoilt the movie for me so I didn't bother...sounds like I should still watch it sometime if it's as great as you say.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

This was my first time noticing that Councilman Reeves is voiced by Ellis from Die Hard. "Joker, bubi. I'm your white knight!"  :laugh:

Also, the blu-ray looks damn good.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Festival (2018)
Comedy from the creators of The Inbetweeners.
Besides a few cast members you can notice the similarities, it's just not as funny.
They should get the gang together and just give them different names.

Assassination Nation (2018)
Tries too hard to be cool and actual. Also a little too long. Turned it off towards the end as I quit caring at all.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2018, 12:27:06 AMBatman: Mask of the Phantasm

This was my first time noticing that Councilman Reeves is voiced by Ellis from Die Hard. "Joker, bubi. I'm your white knight!"  :laugh:

Love that film. Loved the cartoon when I was a kid too. Really not appropriate for children a lot of the time.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2018, 09:00:55 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2018, 12:27:06 AMBatman: Mask of the Phantasm

Love that film. Loved the cartoon when I was a kid too. Really not appropriate for children a lot of the time.

And then they had an episode where Batman gets knocked out and a kid has to save him. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Stillmatic on Dec 10, 2018, 10:36:16 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 08, 2018, 01:01:43 PM
Ruin Me

Downrange

Someone has the horror channel. :laugh: I like this channel because it will show movies you don't see anywhere else, plus it has a good mixture of old and new...just wish it was in HD.

I was going to record Downrange but I accidentally read a comment which spoilt the movie for me so I didn't bother...sounds like I should still watch it sometime if it's as great as you say.

Luckily it wasnt spoilt for me, but i still think its worth a watch definitely. Its on Shudder as well

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Leprechaun Returns (2018)
Direct sequel to the original.
Pretty average but not as bad as you'd expect.

Cold Ground (2017)
Below average found footage.
Location and scenery were pretty cool, acting was ok but the story was too dumb and thin.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Better Watch Out (2016)

Fantastic.  The trailer made it out to be something very different and that was a pleasant surprise.  Really original and fun flick.  It's free on a Shudder right now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Considering the talent for comedy Spielberg has shown in many of his films, it's amazing how unfunny this is. There were two - count them, two - moments in the whole thing that actually made me laugh; the rest just made me groan. Still, it's worth slogging through at least once for the final twenty minutes, which is basically an episode of Thunderbirds except they had $10 million to spend on the model shots. It's unbelievably impressive.

MudButt

MudButt

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse

WOW! One of the most original and visually stunning superhero flicks I've ever seen. The animation is WONDERFUL. It's literally a comic book come to life and it works so perfectly. It's hilarious and surprisingly emotional. All of the characters work so well and the voice work is top of the line. Every iteration of Spider-Man works so well, especially Spider-Ham and Spider-Man Noir. Miles Morales is a great lead and his arc throughout the movie is some of the best stuff.

I can't recommend this movie enough. All of the buzz for this movie is true. SEE IT!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed