Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,397 times)

SiL

SiL

The mo-cap version with Anthony Hopkins, the one with Gerard Butler, the one with Christopher Lambert, or the one that was made entirely for free to raise funds for a cancer foundation? :P

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Oct 10, 2018, 10:34:25 AM
The mo-cap version with Anthony Hopkins, the one with Gerard Butler, the one with Christopher Lambert, or the one that was made entirely for free to raise funds for a cancer foundation? :P

Anthony Hopkins

Prez

Prez

Hold the Dark (Netflix)

Brooding, grim, slow burn Alaskan thriller. There is one scene that literally explodes out of nowhere that is so visceral and brutal.
Aims high but misses ultimately - 6.5/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Night at the Museum
A great family film. Forgot all the people who were in it lol

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Apostle (2018)
Thriller (horror?) with a supernatural touch about a guy trying to rescue his sister from a cult.
Not bad, but not great imo. Expected more from this director.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bone Tomahawk

"I'm too vain to live as a cripple."

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 13, 2018, 05:29:55 AM
Bone Tomahawk

Looking forward to watch that one again. Only saw it around its release.
See Brawl In Cell Block 99? It's from the same writer/director. I'm looking forward to his next movie: Dragged Across Concrete, starring Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bone Tomahawk

Fantastic film

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Jurassic World 2.
Now here is a movie that jumped the shark big time. This is a movie that should not be in this series, What you got here is the "Resurrection" and The "Predator" of the franchise.
There is so many stupid and silly scenes in this movie I am surprised that this isn't actually a parody.
I as I have recently said in another thread, lava will kill you even if you meters away from it, it is literally that hot. But Owen can survive being inches from it for a quite awhile without bursting into flame or exploding and a Baryonyx has it hit its head and it is completely fine!.

I did find some fun in this movie but it is probably the least scientifically accurate movie in the series.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bad Times at the El Royale

Really enjoyed this one.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 13, 2018, 06:12:45 AM
Bone Tomahawk

Looking forward to watch that one again. Only saw it around its release.
See Brawl In Cell Block 99? It's from the same writer/director. I'm looking forward to his next movie: Dragged Across Concrete, starring Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson.

I've been meaning to, along with Asylum Blackout, which he wrote but didn't direct. And I have a figurative stack of unproduced Zahler scripts a foot high.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 13, 2018, 02:37:48 PM
Jurassic World 2.
Now here is a movie that jumped the shark big time. This is a movie that should not be in this series, What you got here is the "Resurrection" and The "Predator" of the franchise.
There is so many stupid and silly scenes in this movie I am surprised that this isn't actually a parody.
I as I have recently said in another thread, lava will kill you even if you meters away from it, it is literally that hot. But Owen can survive being inches from it for a quite awhile without bursting into flame or exploding and a Baryonyx has it hit its head and it is completely fine!.

I did find some fun in this movie but it is probably the least scientifically accurate movie in the series.

It moves way too fast, and spends too much time giving shout outs to past films that it didn't do its own thing. Jurassic World 1 looks like Amadeus compared to this movie. The cloned kid angle was embarrassingly bad. The first 5 or so minutes were great, after that, the whole movie rapidly disintegrated into a mess that felt like something a child would write.

It's stuff like this that makes me fear for the art of visual storytelling. Oh that the old guard still existed. If the old school directors, actors and visionaries were alive today. With no visual or content limits placed on their work. No attempts to pander to teenage dollars. Sharks would actually eat people, characters would have backgrounds, and motives would extend far beyond political issues. What movies, what experiences we could have.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Errementari aka The Blacksmith and the Devil (2017)
Cool movie in the vain of Del Toro's Spanish movies.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 13, 2018, 11:09:39 PM
I've been meaning to, along with Asylum Blackout, which he wrote but didn't direct. And I have a figurative stack of unproduced Zahler scripts a foot high.

Asylum Blackout ain't great but it's alright for a cheap horror flick.

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 14, 2018, 12:18:20 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 13, 2018, 02:37:48 PM
Jurassic World 2.

It moves way too fast, and spends too much time giving shout outs to past films that it didn't do its own thing. Jurassic World 1 looks like Amadeus compared to this movie. The cloned kid angle was embarrassingly bad. The first 5 or so minutes were great, after that, the whole movie rapidly disintegrated into a mess that felt like something a child would write.

It's stuff like this that makes me fear for the art of visual storytelling. Oh that the old guard still existed. If the old school directors, actors and visionaries were alive today. With no visual or content limits placed on their work. No attempts to pander to teenage dollars. Sharks would actually eat people, characters would have backgrounds, and motives would extend far beyond political issues. What movies, what experiences we could have.

;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Detroit Rock City

"What are you doing Sister Gonorrhea, waiting for a bus?" :laugh:

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 14, 2018, 02:50:25 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 13, 2018, 11:09:39 PM

Asylum Blackout ain't great but it's alright for a cheap horror flick.

Well as long as it's better than the Puppet Master movie Zahler wrote..

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 14, 2018, 03:58:24 AM
Detroit Rock City

"What are you doing Sister Gonorrhea, waiting for a bus?" :laugh:

Love that movie.
Have an idea for a modern day version starring Steel Panther. About the band and group of friends trying to get to the gig.
Should really write that. Pretty sure Happy Madison Productions would go for it  :D

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 14, 2018, 03:58:24 AM
Well as long as it's better than the Puppet Master movie Zahler wrote..

It's more serious, so I guess you'll like it more. I didn't mind his Puppet Master. It was simple, bloody fun.

Stitch

Stitch

Rob Zombie's Halloween II.

I'm watching a Halloween movie a day until the new one comes out. Got Halloween IV on right now!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed