Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,133 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd like the film a bit more if Fassbender wasn't Nic Caging his way through the movie as David.

The Old One

The Old One

I can't disagree with that statement more, he makes the film worthwhile.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Escape from New York

Chef was a bad motherf**ker in his prime.

Escape from L.A.

And Cuervo Jones really isn't. What a lame dead f**k of a bad guy.

Also, the irony of a Rob Zombie song closing the film is just too funny.

Vampires

Not seen this in a very, very long time. It's okay, mainly held up by James Woods being awesome as usual. The pacing meanders a lot in the middle though, and the villain and B plot love story are pretty lame.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 07, 2018, 03:34:26 AM
Alien: Covenant. My sixth viewing. God help me, I'm trying to find something to like in it.

How are you able to watch a movie you don't like six times?

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 07, 2018, 07:52:17 AM
Vampires

Not seen this in a very, very long time. It's okay, mainly held up by James Woods being awesome as usual. The pacing meanders a lot in the middle though, and the villain and B plot love story are pretty lame.

Do love the Lovecraftian influence, the church with the cross and stuff.
Still an ok and memorable movie compared to most current day horror.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 07, 2018, 11:17:02 PM

Pure Tenacity.  ;)

Honestly, for the reason I stated. I'm trying to find some reason to like it. A lot of people don't, but there are plenty of people who do. I'd love to be able to enjoy it too. So I go back to it every now and then, once I've had time to get the "God that still sucked" out of my mind, and approach it with a blank slate, in hopes of maybe noticing something that I missed before, or simply developing a better understanding/appreciation of where Ridley was going with it.

The last time I watched it, I couldn't stand a single second of it. This time I actually enjoyed the movie up until David's rescue. I found all the events on the ship, the conversations and the landing to be quite entertaining. Time and distance have a way of improving things. I even like Prometheus now. I never did the first several times I saw it. I'm just trying to look past the issues I have with the structure of the second film in an attempt to form a more positive experience from a negative one.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2018, 12:01:24 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 07, 2018, 11:17:02 PM

Pure Tenacity.  ;)

Honestly, for the reason I stated. I'm trying to find some reason to like it. A lot of people don't, but there are plenty of people who do. I'd love to be able to enjoy it too. So I go back to it every now and then, once I've had time to get the "God that still sucked" out of my mind, and approach it with a blank slate, in hopes of maybe noticing something that I missed before, or simply developing a better understanding/appreciation of where Ridley was going with it.

The last time I watched it, I couldn't stand a single second of it. This time I actually enjoyed the movie up until David's rescue. I found all the events on the ship, the conversations and the landing to be quite entertaining. Time and distance have a way of improving things. I even like Prometheus now. I never did the first several times I saw it. I'm just trying to look past the issues I have with the structure of the second film in an attempt to form a more positive experience from a negative one.

Cool that you have the tenacity.
If I don't like something after 3 viewings, chances are very slim I'm gonna like it.

I didn't like Prometheus at first because I expected (and maybe wanted) another Alien flick.
Later on in one of my Lovecraftian moods, I looked at it as one of his stories. Then I was able to appreciate it more. And over time I kept going back to it. Now it's one of my all time favorite movies.

I like Covenant, but mostly the David parts. Despite the Alien being shoehorned in, I still consider it more of David movie.
But if you don't like his character, I find it more than logical you don't like the movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Just finished Pacific Rim Uprising. Got it basically for free.

My God, that was quite possibly the worst film I've ever seen in perhaps my entire life. There is no amount of Tenacity that can save it for me. I am broken. This makes the last jedi, the last knight, and independence day 2 look like Oscar contenders. If anyone in charge of this movie ever reads this,

Dear Sir or Madam

"Movies this bad make me not want to watch movies anymore. Please, never, ever, do this again. No more politics. No more bad actors. No more children. This movie was absolutely terrible. Stop pandering, and focus on telling a solid and entertaining story. Never let a movie like this leave paper. Tell anybody pitching something like this to shut up and get out. Please, I beg you, in the name of humanity".

Sincerely,

A lifelong fan of the cinema, and a cash paying moviegoer.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Body Bags

Mostly fun horror anthology. The Carpenter segments were pretty good, but Tobe Hooper's contribution was lackluster and felt like it dragged on forever.

Village of the Damned (1995)

The cast is mostly pretty good, but the script on this one is just a bland retread of the original movie with a few bits changed around. I'd gladly sacrifice this for the Black Lagoon remake Carpenter actually wanted to do.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Atomic Blonde

Decent spy caper with Charlize Theron and James McAvoy. Has some funny moments as well.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Death Wish V: The Face of Death

I've now seen every Death Wish film apart from the first, which is the only one that's actually considered a good movie :laugh: This was pretty average. Definitely a mistake to dial back the insanity of the previous two, which were far more fun as a result (Jesus, part three is absolutely off the f*cking scale :laugh:). Still, a man gets shot into a wood-chipper that appears from nowhere, so there's that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 09, 2018, 11:49:56 AM
Death Wish V: The Face of Death

I've now seen every Death Wish film apart from the first, which is the only one that's actually considered a good movie :laugh: This was pretty average. Definitely a mistake to dial back the insanity of the previous two, which were far more fun as a result (Jesus, part three is absolutely off the f*cking scale :laugh:). Still, a man gets shot into a wood-chipper that appears from nowhere, so there's that.

I've still not seen 4 and 5. I watched the first three as "research" when I covered a Michael Winner script a while back. 3 was indeed nuts.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 09, 2018, 07:30:58 PMI've still not seen 4 and 5. I watched the first three as "research" when I covered a Michael Winner script a while back. 3 was indeed nuts.

The best thing about the third one is not that it's crazy, but that it's so crazy after the first two (I assume; as I said, I've not actually seen the original, but everything I've read about it gives me the impression it's even more downbeat and serious than the second one). They clearly realised they'd already killed everyone even vaguely meaningful in Kersey's life and just decided to go nuts with the formula. I can almost imagine the pre-production meeting... "F*ck it, just multiply the number of goons by ten and give him a machine gun. Also everyone else joins in." The bit where Kersey and the cop start taking names together is like a video game where player 2 just joined in :laugh:

Death Wish 3 is one of my absolute favourite drunk movies lol.

The fourth one's along the same lines, although not quite so utterly insane.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 09, 2018, 07:44:40 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 09, 2018, 07:30:58 PMI've still not seen 4 and 5. I watched the first three as "research" when I covered a Michael Winner script a while back. 3 was indeed nuts.

The best thing about the third one is not that it's crazy, but that it's so crazy after the first two (I assume; as I said, I've not actually seen the original, but everything I've read about it gives me the impression it's even more downbeat and serious than the second one). They clearly realised they'd already killed everyone even vaguely meaningful in Kersey's life and just decided to go nuts with the formula. I can almost imagine the pre-production meeting... "F*ck it, just multiply the number of goons by ten and give him a machine gun. Also everyone else joins in." The bit where Kersey and the cop start taking names together is like a video game where player 2 just joined in :laugh:

Death Wish 3 is one of my absolute favourite drunk movies lol.

The fourth one's along the same lines, although not quite so utterly insane.

2 is basically the same movie as the first, only sleazier and without the actual story. Or Jeff Goldblum. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I always wanted a Death Wish 3 rip-off or remake with Schwarzenegger. At his age it's perfect for him.
Could even turn it into Commando 2.

MudButt

MudButt

They should ignore that god-awful one with Bruce Willis and remake it with Frank Grillo. He basically had his Punisher/Death Wish film with The Purge: Anarchy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed