Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,159 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 17, 2018, 03:12:10 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

A great pair of movies. The joke are a little more hit and miss in the sequel (harbulary batteries, anyone?), but I'd argue it tells a better story with stronger characterization and more emotional heft. And that ending is goddamn perfect. :'(

Dave Bautista shines in the sequel - much like he did in Infinity Wars.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on May 17, 2018, 06:33:28 AMDave Bautista shines in the sequel - much like he did in Infinity Wars.

I was talking the other day with my mate about how much we rate Bautista. Not saying he's an especially great actor, but of all the wrestlers-turned-actors (I know he wasn't actually a wrestler, but you get my drift) he seems to have had the most career sense. He's always in roles that perfectly suit him, instead of trying to do more than he can.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 17, 2018, 08:22:40 AM
Quote from: Prez on May 17, 2018, 06:33:28 AMDave Bautista shines in the sequel - much like he did in Infinity Wars.

I was talking the other day with my mate about how much we rate Bautista. Not saying he's an especially great actor, but of all the wrestlers-turned-actors (I know he wasn't actually a wrestler, but you get my drift) he seems to have had the most career sense. He's always in roles that perfectly suit him, instead of trying to do more than he can.

and that's why Vince wont have him back in WWE lol

Vertigo

Vertigo

He doesn't have anywhere near the charisma of Rock or Cena, but has been picking his projects remarkably well.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

A knights tale, forgot how funny this film was with its anachronisms. Rufus Sewell is brilliant as a villian as always.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vertigo on May 17, 2018, 11:14:48 AMHe doesn't have anywhere near the charisma of Rock or Cena, but has been picking his projects remarkably well.

Absolutely.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 17, 2018, 12:00:48 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on May 17, 2018, 11:14:48 AMHe doesn't have anywhere near the charisma of Rock or Cena, but has been picking his projects remarkably well.

Absolutely.

Dave did a fantastic podcast on Talk is Jericho (Chris Jericho's pod) last year I think it was. Brilliant to listen to as he delved quite deeply into his work in BR2049, GOTG and other movies. He's a fantastic guy who is quite honest and open about his own ability on the big screen.

Recommend you give it a listen.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Toys released in 1992 starring Robin Williams.  Very unique and creative movie, imo.

Huggs

Huggs

Absolutely.

Charisma or not, I'm used to seeing the rock be the same character in gi joe and fast and furious, or rampage and san andreas. Don't get me wrong, ol' Rock can get it done though. Now Bautista might not be king of the hill, but being in Guardians, Blade Runner and a 007 movie is rather impressive. Blade Runner especially. He might not have the star power of the rock, but I get the impression that he takes his acting seriously, and he's got some range.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on May 17, 2018, 10:04:23 PM

Absolutely.

Charisma or not, I'm used to seeing the rock be the same character in gi joe and fast and furious, or rampage and san andreas. Don't get me wrong, ol' Rock can get it done though. Now Bautista might not be king of the hill, but being in Guardians, Blade Runner and a 007 movie is rather impressive. Blade Runner especially. He might not have the star power of the rock, but I get the impression that he takes his acting seriously, and he's got some range.

Takes it very seriously (see my previous post about the Podcast he did with Chris Jericho) ... basically said he's very much aware of his own skillset and how he tries to learn as much as he can off his more celebrated co-stars. He's had no formal training ... pretty impressive CV for a `novice'.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I got around to watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang last night. f**king hilarious film! RDJ is just brilliant in it. Really enjoyed it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Scorpio on May 17, 2018, 06:47:46 PM
Toys released in 1992 starring Robin Williams.  Very unique and creative movie, imo.

Havent seen that in years

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Big trouble in little china. One of my favorites and it sometimes reminds me of Mortal Kombat, as one of the storms has lightning powers and wears a straw hat.

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 14, 2018, 07:48:50 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 14, 2018, 12:09:05 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 14, 2018, 02:40:00 AM
The Armor of God

Or is that Operation Condor 2? :laugh: This is pretty cool for the most part, and only really falters when the annoying love triangle shit takes center stage at the least appropriate time.

That is one of my favorite Jackie Chan movies  :laugh: There was rumors of a third film being made.

Chinese Zodiac was supposed to be the third one, but the connections are supposedly loose.

Yeah its seems to be a reboot from what I read. 

I think the love triangle thing was in first Armor of god, as Operation Condor was actually Armor of God 2, funny thing is that they released them in reverse order and changed Armor of God to Operation Condor 2.  :laugh:
It is Operation Condor (Armor of God 2) that is my favourite. The one where they are after the gold.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadpool 2

The first act is pretty rough, but really pulls itself together after that point.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 18, 2018, 01:05:10 PM
Big trouble in little china. One of my favorites...

Undoubtedly. It's Henry Swanson approved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed