Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,460 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deep Red
Great film, in Argento's top five for sure.

Inferno
There are a lot of things to like here, but Leigh McCloskey is so singularly bland that he almost sinks the film completely.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Most entertaining Marvel movie since Deadpool.
But it's still more of the same. And it might be because of the high resolution but some green screen parts were quite noticeable.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 22, 2018, 05:51:57 AM
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Most entertaining Marvel movie since Deadpool.
But it's still more of the same. And it might be because of the high resolution but some green screen parts were quite noticeable.

Terrible, just terrible movie. It is entertainning and well made? Yeah, but that is all that it has, is just so dumb, the worst and best example of disnet meddling with marvel, i recommend to you the comic book called Thor: Ragnarok, is a work of art.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 21, 2018, 04:46:59 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 20, 2018, 12:38:50 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 19, 2018, 09:25:22 PM
The Cat O' Nine Tails

Not bad, but not top tier Argento either, IMO. And did you seriously just put the blind guy on guard duty? :laugh:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 19, 2018, 12:18:27 PM

There's a link to the script in the article lol. Will download it onto my laptop.

Its amazing they could make this film today under a different title and I'd think they'd get away with it

Well, I'm not very observant. And that's the retype that's 166 pages long. I'll have to look for a scan just to see if it's more reasonable in length.

Did think it was a bit long but hopefully we can find a reasonable version yes

I found the scan, but it was the same length.

Well guess Ill be downloading the version from the article then lol

Darkest Hour
Gary Oldman is on fire here. He deserves every award he's been getting. This whole film is spot on. Just amazing

Hydra
Cheap Monster Horror that crosses Greek Myth (Its meant to be set on a greek island but is clearly the woods around California) and People pay millions to hunt people. Its okay but lol so stupid

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge
Still better than On Stranger Tides and many sequences do bring back the thrill of the first film. Also Kaya Scolderio Is the best member of the new cast. The whole point of Will's son trying to break the curse of the Flying Dutchman doesn't make sense due to the ending of At World's End

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Better watch out (2017)

Interesting "twist" in this movie , i liked the tone, not great but entertaining overall

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)
Classic! 20 years old already.

Quote from: D88M on Jan 22, 2018, 07:59:20 AMTerrible, just terrible movie. It is entertainning and well made? Yeah, but that is all that it has, is just so dumb, the worst and best example of disnet meddling with marvel, i recommend to you the comic book called Thor: Ragnarok, is a work of art.

Entertaining and well made describes nearly every Marvel movie.
Found this better than Spider-Man Homecoming though. That one's so overrated imo.
Thanks for the recommendation but I'm not really into comic books.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 22, 2018, 05:07:54 PMLock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)
Classic! 20 years old already.
https://i.imgur.com/zvXTUXy.gif

:laugh:

Absolutely love that film. Kinda sad Guy Ritchie stopped making Cockney gangster films.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 22, 2018, 07:50:04 PM
:laugh:

Absolutely love that film. Kinda sad Guy Ritchie stopped making Cockney gangster films.

Yeah it's what he's best at. Just shady characters in general.
I get that he's doing other stuff, probably more money in that. But I'd love to see him return to his roots one day.
Maybe this time about retired gangsters living in Tenerife (or someplace like that). Add some younger gangsters on a business trip, group of footy lads on stag weekend and some shady local characters.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tenebrae
Completely nutty, but entirely fun.

Russ

Russ

Atomic Blonde. I really wanted it to be as awesome as it wanted itself to be. As it was, I enjoyed it, I'll watch the commentary when I find some time, but I thought the big twist ending was really unnecessary.

Spoiler
There's pandering to US audiences... and there's pandering. I don't know if she's really CIA-duping-Mi5-duping-KGB in the source, but yeah... I just wanted to throw my glass at the screen at that point. It just seemed entirely unnecessary as I say. Dare I say mean-spirited. It's like "you have James Bond, you can't have two really cool super-spies!"
[close]

The fighting and all that was brilliant, though. I was surprised that I didn't find Charlize Theron very sexy in the role (which they're clearly going for). Don't get me wrong, she's so beautiful it makes your eyes hurt, but I don't know if "sexy-cool" worked. I guess I'll lay that one at the door of the director.

In the end, there was a little too much going on - the film seemed to fall between two stools. Like Tinker, Tailor, John Wick, Bourne-guy, Spy.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 22, 2018, 09:48:30 PMMaybe this time about retired gangsters living in Tenerife (or someplace like that).

You ever seen a film called Sexy Beast? It's basically exactly that. It's very much in the Guy Ritchie vein. I highly recommend it if you've never watched it, it's a great film. Ben Kingsley is absolutely stellar in it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The open house

I was so tired at the end that i almost fell asleep, so i didn't understand the ending lol

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 23, 2018, 09:24:03 AMYou ever seen a film called Sexy Beast? It's basically exactly that. It's very much in the Guy Ritchie vein. I highly recommend it if you've never watched it, it's a great film. Ben Kingsley is absolutely stellar in it.

I think so but I'm not sure. Might have to watch it again.
The Business has its moments but loses impact after multiple viewings.

SM

SM

The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus.

First time I've had a chance to sit and watch the whole thing, and despite managing to craft a pretty good flick despite Heath Ledger's death half way through, it doesn't quite come off.  The changes to Depp, Law and Farrell work really well, but the Tony character is really not a protagonist you can root for.  Great performances all round though, and Gilliam's imagination is typically fantastic.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 23, 2018, 09:24:03 AM

You ever seen a film called Sexy Beast? It's basically exactly that. It's very much in the Guy Ritchie vein. I highly recommend it if you've never watched it, it's a great film. Ben Kingsley is absolutely stellar in it.

I've seen Sexy Beast, it's good.  And I'm not normally into British gangster flicks. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed