Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,187 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 25, 2017, 01:08:45 PM
The Magnificent Seven (2016)

Meh. Good cast.

I'd still love to see a sequel to this one. Have an idea of who to add to the team and what causes the events to happen

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Saw it for a second time and everything has settled for me on it. It is a good film and there are still bits i didnt like, like the treatment of some characters and it is bitty. But its not as bad as some can make out. Its just not the EU we knew anymore

Silent Night (2013)
Lol so fun and gory. Gotta love Malcolm McDowell being crotchety. And the Mayor's Daughter was hot lol

Godzilla (1998)
This film has just become switch your brain off entertanment which is stolen by the soundtrack and Jean Reno being awesome as always

Kill Your Friends
Essentially a Britsh "American Pyscho" set in the Music Industry

Jumanji
I'd forgotten how Dark this one was lol. The sequel is an absolute shift in tone. Robin Williams really plays it straight like a less damaged version of his character from The Fisher King

The Crooked House
what an adaptation of a little know Agatha Christie story. What a cast though, Glenn Close, Gillian Anderson, Julian Sands, Terrance Stamp and Christina Hendricks. Its worth watching

Jingle All The Way
Works better in the comedy than the cheesy moments

Arthur Christmas
So much fun for the whole family and great animation

The Dirty Dozen
Was talking with my brother about this and considering how violent the ending 1/3 is. It really jars with the comedy of the training stuff/ Still a classic. Expect a remake at some point lol

Shaun The Sheep: The Movie
For a movie thats only told in noises and no proper dialogue it holds the attention. Gotta love Aardman. They used to be based in a building round the corner from where my Grandmother used to live

Blue Ruin
What a film, you think its gonna one way then BAM. Cant wait to see Green Room now

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 26, 2017, 05:29:15 PM

Meh. Good cast.

I'd still love to see a sequel to this one. Have an idea of who to add to the team and what causes the events to happen

Saw it for a second time and everything has settled for me on it. It is a good film and there are still bits i didnt like, like the treatment of some characters and it is bitty. But its not as bad as some can make out. Its just not the EU we knew anymore

Silent Night (2013)
Lol so fun and gory. Gotta love Malcolm McDowell being crotchety. And the Mayor's Daughter was hot lol

Godzilla (1998)
This film has just become switch your brain off entertanment which is stolen by the soundtrack and Jean Reno being awesome as always

Kill Your Friends

Jumanji
I'd forgotten how Dark this one was lol. The sequel is an absolute shift in tone. Robin Williams really plays it straight like a less damaged version of his character from The Fisher King

The Crooked House
what an adaptation of a little know Agatha Christie story. What a cast though, Glenn Close, Gillian Anderson, Julian Sands, Terrance Stamp and Christina Hendricks. Its worth watching

Jingle All The Way

Arthur Christmas

The Dirty Dozen
Was talking with my brother about this and considering how violent the ending 1/3 is. It really jars with the comedy of the training stuff/ Still a classic. Expect a remake at some point lol

For a movie thats only told in noises and no proper dialogue it holds the attention. Gotta love Aardman. They used to be based in a building round the corner from where my Grandmother used to live

Blue Ruin
What a film, you think its gonna one way then BAM. Cant wait to see Green Room now

Blue Ruin is really good yeah ! And i love Green Room too ! I think you'll like it !

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 26, 2017, 05:36:42 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 26, 2017, 05:29:15 PM

Meh. Good cast.

Silent Night (2013)

Godzilla (1998)

Kill Your Friends

Jumanji

The Crooked House

Jingle All The Way

Arthur Christmas

The Dirty Dozen

Blue Ruin

Blue Ruin is really good yeah ! And i love Green Room too ! I think you'll like it !

After seeing Blue Ruin i know it :)

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Fargo

Russ

Russ

Dark Angel. Or, as it was called in the US: "I Come in Peace."

("And you go in pieces... asshole.")

I can't put it better than this amazon reviewer:

Big-muscled star? Check
High kicking marital arts action? Check
Mis-matched buddy-buddy comedy? Check
Police cars doing barrel-rolls down the road while exploding? Check
Bad guys in sharp suits and ties? Check
Rock music synth score? Check
Neon tube lighting? Check
Totally gratuitous side-trip to a topless go-go bar? Check
Permanently wet streets, but bone dry pavements? Check
Big, back-combed hair and shoulder pads on the chicks? Check
Car chase through plate glass shop windows? Check
Throw-away quips when killing bad guys? Check
Explosive denouement in a factory? Check

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Legend (1985)

Good enough.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Russ on Dec 28, 2017, 12:51:43 PM
Dark Angel. Or, as it was called in the US: "I Come in Peace."

("And you go in pieces... asshole.")

I can't put it better than this amazon reviewer:

Big-muscled star? Check
High kicking marital arts action? Check
Mis-matched buddy-buddy comedy? Check
Police cars doing barrel-rolls down the road while exploding? Check
Bad guys in sharp suits and ties? Check
Rock music synth score? Check
Neon tube lighting? Check
Totally gratuitous side-trip to a topless go-go bar? Check
Permanently wet streets, but bone dry pavements? Check
Big, back-combed hair and shoulder pads on the chicks? Check
Car chase through plate glass shop windows? Check
Throw-away quips when killing bad guys? Check
Explosive denouement in a factory? Check

Hahahahahha so true ! Ohh Dolphie when he thought he could act  :laugh:

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Blade Runner 2049 (again) - fantastic.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

A Night At The Roxbury (1997)

Will Ferrell and Chris Katan are complete idiots who have a luxurious life as club hoppers and still live with their wealthy parents. Actually some pretty funny moments, along with one of the most AWESOME soundtracks ever (kinda bias bc I love 90s Eurodance). So...

6.5/10 for the movie
11/10 for the soundtrack

Russ

Russ

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 28, 2017, 11:35:59 PM

Come on... He's not SO bad. Compared to JCVD, Dudikoff and those guys. But he was always too big to pull off really fast fight scenes - it's got better in recent times due to changes in style / editing but in the good old days, all this stuff was done in camera and to me he always looked kind of lumbering. Then again, he did win a load of full contact medals for Karate (or Kick Boxing, I can't recall) so he was the real deal.

In this movie, one of the stunt-guys missed his mark and a kick from Dolph sparked him out cold. Also, when he hit Stallone the poor guy had to be rushed to hospital as Dolph kind of "moved" his heart.

So if Dolph ever browses these forums, I want him to know that I rate his acting. It's Big Daddy John that doesn't...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

By far the best Lundgren film I've ever seen is Men of War. It's genuinely a fantastic little action movie. Lundgren displays the kind of charisma that made Arnie so likeable, which makes me wonder why he's so wooden in most of his other movies.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Jurassic World
A great restart to the series. does bring up some interesting questions

Lethal Weapon 3
You can never be too old for this shit :)

Black Christmas (2006)
A great horror remake, its a shame that the studios forced all the gore in

The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box
What a cast this has. Michael Sheen, Sam Neill, Lena Headley and Ioan Gruffold. Shame we didn't get a sequel

Horns
A great adapt of Joe Hills Book. Daniel Radcliffe really moves away from Harry Potter here

Needful Things
another great adapt of Stephen King's book. Max Von Sydow was born for the role

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 29, 2017, 10:58:36 AM
By far the best Lundgren film I've ever seen is Men of War. It's genuinely a fantastic little action movie. Lundgren displays the kind of charisma that made Arnie so likeable, which makes me wonder why he's so wooden in most of his other movies.

It's also my favourite Stand Alone Dolph movie. Catherine Bell was awesome as "token tough chick" --- before it was really a trope (I mean, OK, she was sporting a Vasquez headband) but she was really good as well. In fact the whole idea was great with the jade and all that, and Dolph actually had an arc (as indeed did most of the team).

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Russ on Dec 29, 2017, 09:48:24 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 28, 2017, 11:35:59 PM

Come on... He's not SO bad. Compared to JCVD, Dudikoff and those guys. But he was always too big to pull off really fast fight scenes - it's got better in recent times due to changes in style / editing but in the good old days, all this stuff was done in camera and to me he always looked kind of lumbering. Then again, he did win a load of full contact medals for Karate (or Kick Boxing, I can't recall) so he was the real deal.

In this movie, one of the stunt-guys missed his mark and a kick from Dolph sparked him out cold. Also, when he hit Stallone the poor guy had to be rushed to hospital as Dolph kind of "moved" his heart.

So if Dolph ever browses these forums, I want him to know that I rate his acting. It's Big Daddy John that doesn't...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You bastard !  ;)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 29, 2017, 10:58:36 AM

Yes, stiff is exactly the word i'd use to describe him  :laugh:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 29, 2017, 12:32:22 PM
Horns
A great adapt of Joe Hills Book. Daniel Radcliffe really moves away from Harry Potter here

Needful Things
another great adapt of Stephen King's book. Max Von Sydow was born for the role

I loved those two ! Horns is very entertaining and daring, and Radcliffe is great ! And Needful Things, classic !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed