Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,785 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 20, 2017, 12:35:42 PMThe Cabin in the Woods
Just brilliant. should be better known. Would love a prequel on the '98 incident

I don't even like the kind of horror movie that's sending up, but it's a riot :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 20, 2017, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 20, 2017, 12:35:42 PMThe Cabin in the Woods
Just brilliant. should be better known. Would love a prequel on the '98 incident

I don't even like the kind of horror movie that's sending up, but it's a riot :laugh:

Its a great way of relooking at those films lol

D88M

D88M

Blade Runner 2049. Excellent.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

A couple I've seen recently:

Highlander III: The Sorcerer

The last of the Highlander live action sequels I'd not seen. Definitely the best of the follow-ups, although I'll freely admit that ain't really saying shit :laugh: It's still not a very good film, and gains most of its strengths and weaknesses from the fact it's basically just a straight (albeit much weaker) remake of the original - right down to copying certain sequences almost verbatim, like the villain kidnapping someone close to MacLeod and taking them on a chaotic joyride. The bad guy was also just a poor imitation of the Kurgan from the first, right down to Mario Van Peebles doing the same husky voice.

It was also full of the kind of nonsensical stupidity the Highlander sequels seem to be plagued by - including villain Kane gaining seemingly near-omnipotent magical powers at the beginning of the film that he then almost completely neglects to employ during his various fights with MacLeod, and a particularly idiotic moment where Kane literally defeats MacLead by shattering his sword and leaving him defenceless on his knees... and then runs away for no reason rather than kill him :laugh: Dafuq, Highlander, dafuq.

Still, credit where credit's due, it did at least attempt to explain how there can still be Immortals running around when the final few supposedly battled to the death in the first film, something none of the other sequels attempt to do. It was a silly explanation that didn't really make any sense, but it was better than nothing, I guess :laugh:

The Long Good Friday.

Fantastic film with a tour de force performance from Bob Hoskins. Brilliant ending too!

Simply put, anyone who hasn't watched this and likes British gangster films (and I don't mean Guy Ritchie gangster-comedies) or just crime films in general should absolutely track it down.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2017, 11:14:23 AM
A couple I've seen recently:

Highlander III: The Sorcerer

The last of the Highlander live action sequels I'd not seen. Definitely the best of the follow-ups, although I'll freely admit that ain't really saying shit :laugh: It's still not a very good film, and gains most of its strengths and weaknesses from the fact it's basically just a straight (albeit much weaker) remake of the original - right down to copying certain sequences almost verbatim, like the villain kidnapping someone close to MacLeod and taking them on a chaotic joyride. The bad guy was also just a poor imitation of the Kurgan from the first, right down to Mario Van Peebles doing the same husky voice.

It was also full of the kind of nonsensical stupidity the Highlander sequels seem to be plagued by - including villain Kane gaining seemingly near-omnipotent magical powers at the beginning of the film that he then almost completely neglects to employ during his various fights with MacLeod, and a particularly idiotic moment where Kane literally defeats MacLead by shattering his sword and leaving him defenceless on his knees... and then runs away for no reason rather than kill him :laugh: Dafuq, Highlander, dafuq.

Still, credit where credit's due, it did at least attempt to explain how there can still be Immortals running around when the final few supposedly battled to the death in the first film, something none of the other sequels attempt to do. It was a silly explanation that didn't really make any sense, but it was better than nothing, I guess :laugh:

It even had references to the TV series as well. But yeah its the better of the sequels. Although I do have a soft spot for Endgame and The Renegade cut of 2

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I confess I've not seen the alternate cut of the second one. I want to, just haven't been able to track it down. The theatrical version is insane :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Damn right its insane. Its not even the story Mulcahy and the Producers wanted to do. Stuff was just thrown in by the insurers to make sure its completed.

Well the alternate cuts are available on Amazon. They would be Region One and you'd have to search for The Renegade Cut for Mulcahy's one. Then the Producers Cut for a really tidied up version of the Renegade. Both have different bonus features.

I think you'd get a kick out of it lol

Daddy's Home
While not as good as I thought it would be. There were some fantastic moments and Wahlberg and Ferrell really work well together. Ill still see the sequel but mainly for Lithgow

Wrath of the Titans
An okay film. Again some great bits, although other bits were hugely wasted. Shame we never got a third one. I still think they should do it and call it Death to the Titans

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 27, 2017, 12:41:10 PMThey would be Region One...

That's the main thing that's stopped me to be honest. I only have a PS4 for watching DVDs/Blu-rays and obviously that's region-locked.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I thought PlayStations were region free. Also, the Renegade Cut isn't exactly Mulcahay's vision. The alien stuff was always supposed to be there lol.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2017, 03:32:27 PMI thought PlayStations were region free.

I confess, now that I've thought about it, I've not actually checked the 4. The 3 was definitely region-locked for home video, though.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 27, 2017, 04:29:43 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2017, 03:32:27 PMI thought PlayStations were region free.

I confess, now that I've thought about it, I've not actually checked the 4. The 3 was definitely region-locked for home video, though.

PS4 are region free for games but not DVD/BluRays.

Atomic Blonde.

Cool film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2017, 03:32:27 PM
I thought PlayStations were region free. Also, the Renegade Cut isn't exactly Mulcahay's vision. The alien stuff was always supposed to be there lol.

I didn't realise that lol. Well glad they changed it for these versions

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Punisher (1989) - Goldblatt Workprint

The prologue in this cut helps the film a fair bit. It is weird hearing temp music from Lethal Weapon, Aliens (or maybe the similar sounding bits from Wrath of Khan), and First Blood in the movie, though. And Franco's death is a lot better in the theatrical cut.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2017, 12:06:10 PM

Yeah lol I have the script to prove it. There was more exposition that sort of/not really makes sense of the alien stuff, but Zeist was always part of the movie no matter how hard they to try hide it. The time travel shit just makes it even more nonsensical, imo.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Did any version of the film or script explain how Connery is alive again?

I honestly don't remember the theatrical release offering any explanation for that at all.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 29, 2017, 09:27:18 AM
Did any version of the film or script explain how Connery is alive again?

I honestly don't remember the theatrical release offering any explanation for that at all.

The Renegade/Producers Cut go some way to sorting out why Connery comes back to life.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2017, 06:10:04 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2017, 12:06:10 PM

Yeah lol I have the script to prove it. There was more exposition that sort of/not really makes sense of the alien stuff, but Zeist was always part of the movie no matter how hard they to try hide it. The time travel shit just makes it even more nonsensical, imo.

I'd love to read that script lol. I take it it comes across as the middle ground between Theatrical and Renegade?

Justice League
I did really enjoy this, but you could definitely tell where it goes from Snyder to Whedon and back. And omg the CGI removal of Cavill's tache is awful but we have Paramount to blame for that. Cant wait for the DVD/Blu-ray with all the deleted scenes on it. Since the trailer is made up of loads of them and I' like to see the Snyder ending which they did do I think

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed