Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,705 times)

Jeri

Jeri

Kubo and the two strings

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I watched this once as a kid and it just completely shit me up. I could never remember what it was called though. There was a thread on here where you could describe a film and folk would help you figure out what it was. So after being told what it was, it's been sat on my Netflix watch list waiting for my lass to go asleep early enough for me to watch it.

I can't believe this ever scared me. It was sooo terrible. I loved it.  :laugh: Loved the set work inside the UFO though.

Randomizer

Randomizer

The Butterfly Effect (2003)

9/10

The Butterfly Effect 2 (2006)

A little more action-oriented and I think that's what breaks the movie, but still, it wasn't awful.

6.5-7/10

The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations (2009)

It tries some few, bold things but iverall fails short like the second one. Slightly better than it but significantly distant from the "greatness" of the first movie.

And yes, there is at least one revelation in this movie. The subtitle ain't just there to be.

Spoiler

One such revelation is time-travel being acknowledged by multiple people, including one who has a deeper purpose in the plot and has the same abilities too. But what about the Professor, who I do not think posesses such powers...?

Sadly none of this is explained much in the movie and is just there for the shock factor.

[close]

7.4/10

If you have a least of interest into this series then go watch the first one. The other two are there to satisfy your carving even if they're not very awful.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2017, 09:00:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBdJVr_8kE

I watched this once as a kid and it just completely shit me up. I could never remember what it was called though. There was a thread on here where you could describe a film and folk would help you figure out what it was. So after being told what it was, it's been sat on my Netflix watch list waiting for my lass to go asleep early enough for me to watch it.

I can't believe this ever scared me. It was sooo terrible. I loved it.  :laugh: Loved the set work inside the UFO though.

I have this one my laptop. It was remarkably faithful to the original. Yeah it wasnt scary but i did enjoy it. Just and extra shock at the end

The Blob (1988)
Decided to watch this again last night as I always enjoyed it. I actaully noticed a couple of small things i'd never noticed before as well ;)

Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Mans Chest
I've always liked the second and third Pirates movies. They are not as bad as people suggest, they are just overlong. But i guess that could be because they were still writing both as they were filming. A few edits and maybe you could get a 3 and a half hour movie?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 16, 2017, 12:36:21 PM
I have this one my laptop. It was remarkably faithful to the original. Yeah it wasnt scary but i did enjoy it. Just and extra shock at the end

What was that about?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2017, 12:39:10 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 16, 2017, 12:36:21 PM

What was that about?

Invaders from Mars. They just extended the end of the film for that extra bit :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I meant what was that all about? Didn't see the point of it at all.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Oh right lol. Well i just think it was an 80's thing for shock value. Maybe to say it was actually happening now rather than the originals dream within a dream thing

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The ending was stupid in both versions, from what I remember.

Scorpio

Scorpio

The Godfather

echobbase79

echobbase79

Taken 2. I enjoyed it when I saw it in the theaters and it still holds up nicely. Now I just need to see part 3. I've heard that's even worse, but we'll see.

Next up THX-1138.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 16, 2017, 01:41:32 PM
The ending was stupid in both versions, from what I remember.

As i kind i always found the ending of the original really creepy. It was like the Nightmare was never ending

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Patroits Day.

Whiskeybrewer

Russ

Russ

Underworld marathon in preparation for this weekend's date with Kate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed