Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,784 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegamorph on Nov 30, 2016, 10:38:27 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 30, 2016, 09:01:03 AM
What are the disgusting element like? Kinda like The Fly?
Much more 'human' than The Fly ie nothing monsterish. Tubes going in and out of people, entrails exploding out of people, people getting fissures on their stomachs (and people putting their hand through said fissures)

I'm curious but not sure I'd like it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 01, 2016, 07:01:10 AM
The Blob (1988)

Pretty good, needed a better score, though. Also, the melty guy from RoboCop should have melted here, too. :laugh:

I do love this version. No one is safe lol. Well he did get broken in half and melted off screen sadly lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Home Alone
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Both holiday classics from my childhood. "Where did he go?" "Maybe he committed suicide!" :laugh:

Home Alone 3

Alex D. Linz gives an alright performance, but f**king hell, this movie is boring. The villains are somehow even dumber than Harry and Marv, and the traps are lame. And what is with all of this weird Tom Clancy-esque espionage shit? :laugh:

Randomizer

Randomizer

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

Watched it on fast-rewind. Aside from being way longer than it should (~2 hours 30 minutes) it's a great watch with friends or by yourself if you want some action.

Curious about the next, fifth (and probably final) movie.

6.7/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Black Thunder (1997)
You have to love these cheesy 90's action flicks. This one starred Martial Artist Michael Dudikoff, who actually only shoots a gun in this one lol. Also i couldnt help but laugh at a General, who in the space of 20 minutes refers to three different pilots as the best he's ever seen. One then gets murdered, one turns out to be a bad guy and the third is our actually hero, who quit the Air Force lmao

The Changeling (1979)
Such a creepy and foreboding film. George C. Scott puts in a great performance. I love these kinds of ghost stories, where not much is really seen and its all sound and suggestion. Today's films could learn alot from this

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Dec 02, 2016, 08:37:27 AM

Watched it on fast-rewind. Aside from being way longer than it should (~2 hours 30 minutes) it's a great watch with friends or by yourself if you want some action.

6.7/10

Age of Extinction really wound me up. Felt like watching a 2 hour long product placement video.

WY-0311

WY-0311

I saw Victoria last night, worth watching and for being shot in one entire take, a great effort. Really felt i was there.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2016, 03:28:22 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Dec 02, 2016, 08:37:27 AM

6.7/10

Age of Extinction really wound me up. Felt like watching a 2 hour long product placement video.

I was fine with this one... but it kept going, and going, and going...

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 02, 2016, 02:05:36 AM
Home Alone
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Both holiday classics from my childhood. "Where did he go?" "Maybe he committed suicide!" :laugh:

Home Alone 3

Alex D. Linz gives an alright performance, but f**king hell, this movie is boring. The villains are somehow even dumber than Harry and Marv, and the traps are lame. And what is with all of this weird Tom Clancy-esque espionage shit? :laugh:
Never seen 3, but the first two are obvious classics. Even got to see 2 in the theater with my mom while my siblings and dad watched something else at the theater.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Just saw "Nocturnal Animals" it was pretty good but the ending left me puzzled.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Shinobi Wan Kenobi on Dec 03, 2016, 02:27:21 AM
Just saw "Nocturnal Animals" it was pretty good but the ending left me puzzled.

Turns out it left a few people puzzled

Spoiler
The Book was her ex husbands ultimate revenge, he knew it would bring up her memories of what she did to him and by him not showing up to the restaurant, it says that he has finally moved on
[close]

Girls Against Boys (2012)

This film was just so MEH. It didnt know whether it wanted to be a revenge thriller, a feminist movie, an anti-feminist movie or what. And in one moment you lose all sympathy for the main character

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cronos
The Devil's Backbone

Working my way through the Criterion set. :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Society (1989)
Seriously WTF?! The sense of unease it this film is terrifying and i nearly threw up at the "shunting" at the end. Its a great film and i read that the ending of the original script was different to the film, i just want to know was it more of less disturbing lol

Bleed for This (2016)
A fantastic film about a heart wrenching period in the life of Boxer Vinny Pazienza. Miles Teller, Aaron Eckart and Ciaran Hinds all put in superb performances.

Forever Pure (2015)
A horrifying documentary about the 2012/2013 season for Israeli football club Beitar Jerusalem. Sad to say the Racists win :(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Phantasm: Ravager

Not great, but better than I expected. It's also a lot better than Oblivion, because at least something actually happens in this movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cat People (1982)

This actually wasn't too bad. It did a pretty good job of being its own thing... except for the really, really cringe worthy moments where it copies the original. That, and Malcolm McDowell is woefully underused.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed