Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 142,784 times)

Molecules

Lololol. So, David with long hair. I pointed out the visible locks emerging from his hood in the first trailer, was totally ignored, thought I'd gone off the deep end.

Also well done to all the people that observed the Paradise race
Spoiler
were proportionally too small to be Engineers, and with their ancient-world tech could only feasibly be another Engineer-seeded, humanoid race.
[close]
You are vindicated!

Pvt. Himmel

Spoiler

That's definitely a space ship not a crane cause its not touching the ground, its a ship that is hovering sideways.   
[close]

locusta

One thing by now and these new shots show that again, we see only CG creatures at this point. Not sure if it is a reason to worry about the overall quality, but at least it hints towards allot of wide action shots. Not what the franchise is so much used to.

Molecules

Molecules

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2017, 12:37:25 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 12:33:32 AM
Geez you people are never satisfied. ::) :P
It's a bad picture, dude. If I'd kept my subscription to Empire I'd probably opt not to get this. :P It's like a bad fan art of the cover of Giger's Alien, but in the style of the AvPR PredAlien poster.

It's fine for what it is. Empire has always been a hack rag, promotional platform for the studios*. Their covers have always had crap, tabloid-level photoshopping (I clearly remember a pencil-waisted, balloon-busted Angelina Jolie when Tomb Raider came out that was surely some sort of meta joke), and as far as I can tell they've never bothered to hide that they take money for good reviews. The quality of their covers shouldn't even be up for discussion.

*Actually thinking back, Kim Newman's column was good?

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 06:59:20 PM
Spoiler

That's definitely a space ship not a crane cause its not touching the ground, its a ship that is hovering sideways.   
[close]

It looks like a scorpion's tail

salomonj

Great photos! The neomorph looks amazing. Does anyone know if it's the baby or adult?
Also that backburster looks painful af

locusta

Quote from: Molecules on Apr 15, 2017, 07:04:50 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2017, 12:37:25 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 12:33:32 AM
Geez you people are never satisfied. ::) :P
It's a bad picture, dude. If I'd kept my subscription to Empire I'd probably opt not to get this. :P It's like a bad fan art of the cover of Giger's Alien, but in the style of the AvPR PredAlien poster.

It's fine for what it is. Empire has always been a hack rag, promotional platform for the studios. Their covers have always had crap, tabloid-level photoshopping (I clearly remember a pencil-waisted, balloon-busted Angelina Jolie when Tomb Raider came out that was surely some sort of meta joke), and as far as I can tell they've never bothered to hide that they take money for good reviews. The quality of their covers shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Yeah, but it´s just a sad wasted opportunity for a truly remarkable show off and even more a much needed tribute for the late master Giger. 

Stanley

Maybe Walter learning the flute is too help him be mistaken for David, if needed.

While David would not have cut his hair to match Walter's unless it was for the same reason. 

locusta

Here the page of the cover artist. http://www.debutart.com/artist/jacey

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 06:59:20 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Given its size and relative affinity to the derelict on LV-426 (it isn't round and longer like the original design) if this humongous ship is the derelict in Alien?! It would make sense given the cavernous dimensions of the interior of the ship when Kane travels down the egg chamber. What if, during the bombing raid on Paradise, this ship takes off? Idk, pure conjecture.

TyrantUA

TyrantUA

Aren't the xenomorph's and bambiburster's teeth look too different for them to be the same exact creature?

Evanus

It's not literally a bambiburster, it just looks very similar.

GQSioux

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 15, 2017, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 15, 2017, 05:03:24 PM
Also the *engineers don't look like the one we saw last time*

They seem less developed and more human like? and where is the woman! lol

They look more like the ones deleted from Prometheus. But yes, more humanoid in appearance.

Yup! Exactly what I was thinking.

TyrantUA

I know. What I was trying to say is that the creature's teeth are not the same as xenomorph's from the two-page spread.

Evanus

Quote from: GQSioux on Apr 15, 2017, 07:26:57 PM

They look more like the ones deleted from Prometheus. But yes, more humanoid in appearance.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n-KsPU7oZPQ/VcvsJz2eseI/AAAAAAAAy8k/lynQ334vL2s/s1600/Prometheus-726x248.jpg

Those still look much better, in my opinion.

The new ones barely have any prosthetics. They're just boring pale bald dudes!

Quote from: TyrantUA on Apr 15, 2017, 07:29:49 PM
I know. What I was trying to say is that the creature's teeth are not the same as xenomorph's from the two-page spread.
Yeah, the teeth look different. But it's probably still the same creature.

echobbase79

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 15, 2017, 07:32:21 PM
Quote from: GQSioux on Apr 15, 2017, 07:26:57 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n-KsPU7oZPQ/VcvsJz2eseI/AAAAAAAAy8k/lynQ334vL2s/s1600/Prometheus-726x248.jpg

Those still look much better, in my opinion.

The new ones barely have any prosthetics. They're just boring pale bald dudes!

Quote from: TyrantUA on Apr 15, 2017, 07:29:49 PM
Yeah, the teeth look different. But it's probably still the same creature.

Hopefully, it's just a bad production still. I'm hoping they have the same kind of skin tone like they had in Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed