Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 841,952 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 24, 2020, 01:49:56 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 24, 2020, 01:40:34 AM
In Time

I don't think this was supposed to be funny, but it was goddamn hilarious all the same. Between the time puns, Timberlake's acting, and the ridiculous over dramatic death scenes, this was a comedy masterpiece.

I think I still have a copy of that laying around here somewhere. I need to watch it one more time and donate it.

That one Olivia Wilde scene should be a meme.  :laugh:

kwisatz

kwisatz

Same guy who made Gattaca.

If that isn't outright depressing...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: kwisatz on Jan 24, 2020, 02:04:39 AM
Same guy who made Gattaca.

If that isn't outright depressing...

You want depressing? He directed and co-wrote The Host. The Stephenie Meyer adaptation. :laugh:

kwisatz

kwisatz

Gonna take a bath.

The Old One

The Old One

The Straight Story

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: kwisatz on Jan 24, 2020, 02:27:03 AM
Gonna take a bath.

What's it about, what year is it from and who's in the cast?

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 24, 2020, 05:20:10 AM
The Straight Story

And...?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Rambo (IV)

Rewatching the classic Rambo films recently reminded me I'd not seen this since it came out. Two things I'd completely forgotten - how genuinely harrowing the village attack scenes are, and how amazing Graham McTavish is as the stereotype British arsehole mercenary.

Also learned that the guy who plays the Burmese Colonel is in fact a former Burmese rebel who lived through some of this stuff. Makes his cold-blooded performance even more amazing.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Now as its own thing its really enjoyable. Dorian and Hyde are great and i love the Father/Son dynamic between Sawyer and Quartermain, but as an adaptation its okay

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The first half of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen I remember loving, but then it slowly fell apart for me.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2020, 12:48:29 PM
The first half of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen I remember loving, but then it slowly fell apart for me.

And the effects in the latter half have dated as well

The Old One

The Old One

This is England, 86, 88, 90.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bad Boys For Life

This was a legitimately great sequel, having a surprisingly engaging and well written story without sacrificing action or comedy. It doesn't quite reach the insane highs of Bad Boys II, but let's be honest, nothing could.

Spoiler
And with the one twist, this kind of becomes the much better version of Gemini Man in the third act. :laugh:
[close]

The Mummy (1999)

"You could have gotten them for free. All you had to do was give him your sister." :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Goodfellas

"You're a mumbling, stuttering little prick."

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

The Thing 1982

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Gentlemen

This was awesome. Guy Ritchie being back in his element is just fun to watch, and I loved seeing Hugh Grant play so hard against type here. My only complaint is that wasn't nearly enough of Colin Farrel, who walked away with every scene he was in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed