A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 52,592 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TC on Oct 27, 2018, 03:23:05 AM
Nonetheless, I'm an Alien fan. If such an "earth war" series ever comes to pass, you can bet I'll be watching and willing myself to enjoy it, just like I enjoyed ST:The Voyage Home, despite my reservation.

Well, if it ever comes to that, let's both hope the show is so well constructed, willing yourself to like it will require a minimum effort!  :)

Cheers!

Nostromo

Nostromo

Could this be the series?

Aliens Analects
The Animated Series

Coming December 24 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/226871014019638/posts/2454579217915462/

SM

No.

That looks fan made.

Corporal Hicks

It's a Scified thing,  like that other one they tried to put out.

toro

the one showing the deacon running round after shaw and david left lv223?
i didn't mind it, even if i don't really care for scified

irn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 25, 2018, 08:21:43 AM
The whole "Aliens completely take over Earth!" plot line always struck me as rather silly.

I completely agree. The same with this notion of Colonial Marines being at "war" with them. They're animals. Extraterrestrial animals, but still animals. It's silly comic book territory.

A TV series would dilute the franchise too much more. We need to be seeing less of the xenomorphs. Only getting them at their most brutal moments.

The Old One

The Old One

"This time it's war." Animals.  ::)

It doesn't necessarily have to be the Alien series, it can be the Prometheus series-
that being, set in the Alien-verse but not necessarily featuring the titular creature.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: irn on Nov 23, 2018, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 25, 2018, 08:21:43 AM
The whole "Aliens completely take over Earth!" plot line always struck me as rather silly.

I completely agree. The same with this notion of Colonial Marines being at "war" with them. They're animals. Extraterrestrial animals, but still animals. It's silly comic book territory.

A TV series would dilute the franchise too much more. We need to be seeing less of the xenomorphs. Only getting them at their most brutal moments.

The whole "Aliens on earth" thing, is actually the basic premise of the entire Aliens series of films.  It's always been about finding a way to avoid them getting on earth.  It's not a comic book idea.  Having them infest earth is actually the ultimate promise of the films.  It's the ultimate worst case scenario.  It's what the Aliens were designed for.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Well, Aliens and Alien³'s promise.

The original Alien didn't muse on what the consequences would be if the Alien got to Earth.

irn

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 23, 2018, 12:30:34 PM
The whole "Aliens on earth" thing, is actually the basic premise of the entire Aliens series of films.  It's always been about finding a way to avoid them getting on earth.  It's not a comic book idea.  Having them infest earth is actually the ultimate promise of the films.  It's the ultimate worst case scenario.  It's what the Aliens were designed for.

Oh I agree with that. I mean in the execution of it, if it was to be in a film.

The Old One

The Old One

I envision an all but abandoned Earth; when the Alien returns, post- the Trilogy.
Ellen Ripley saved humanity because then they no longer exist in one centralised hub.

Antus_Manus

An Alien series done right with a likeable cast of space marines would be badass

Vermillion

Battlestar mixed with Space Above and Beyond mixed with SWAT/Seal Team.
Tour of Duty style of story telling.
All characters are expendable.
Can't have a Xeno in every episode.

Huggs

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 14, 2018, 03:21:39 AM
Battlestar mixed with Space Above and Beyond mixed with SWAT/Seal Team.
Tour of Duty style of story telling.
All characters are expendable.
Can't have a Xeno in every episode.

What about one in the style of The Pacific? Young inexperienced recruits and veteran Colonial Marines going up against the hordes, taking earth back one battle at a time.

Vermillion

Like tour of duty.  New rookies with battle hardened marines.
The Pacific was sweet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed