Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 122,406 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: M_Tak on May 07, 2017, 09:44:21 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2017, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 07, 2017, 08:59:00 PM
So was SyntaX just trolling in the early reactions thread or is there actually more to the Alien eggs that we "knew nothing" about?

Spoiler
According to Hicks and his review, David created the Xenomorph types in Covenant but regarding the actual species that we know, its left ambiguous, so there is room for the "simply recreating what already existed" theory, I suppose we will know for sure by the next sequel, if the novels don't reveal anything first.
[close]

I missed Hick's review, can you link me please?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/review/

newagescamartist

The consensus is becoming clear: Almost an instant classic, but the third act seems off.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 07, 2017, 10:10:11 PM
The consensus is becoming clear: Almost an instant classic, but the third act seems off.

Sometimes movie works better after second viewing. I cannot wait to see it. 4 days left. Shit.

Robopadna

Robopadna

Having read all of the reviews I don't recall any of them writing as if it was even close to an instant classic, regardless of a flawed third act.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: Robopadna on May 07, 2017, 10:13:15 PM

Having read all of the reviews I don't recall any of them writing as if it was even close to an instant classic, regardless of a flawed third act.
Yeah, even the most positive reviews didn't go that far. It may become a classic, but it would need Fury Road type reviews to be one instantly.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

A "classic" with fans perhaps...

M_Tak

M_Tak

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2017, 09:47:40 PM
Quote from: M_Tak on May 07, 2017, 09:44:21 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2017, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 07, 2017, 08:59:00 PM
So was SyntaX just trolling in the early reactions thread or is there actually more to the Alien eggs that we "knew nothing" about?

Spoiler
According to Hicks and his review, David created the Xenomorph types in Covenant but regarding the actual species that we know, its left ambiguous, so there is room for the "simply recreating what already existed" theory, I suppose we will know for sure by the next sequel, if the novels don't reveal anything first.
[close]

I missed Hick's review, can you link me please?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/review/

Cheers!

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Ingwar on May 07, 2017, 10:11:19 PM

Sometimes movie works better after second viewing. I cannot wait to see it. 4 days left. Shit.

Ive seen multiple reviews say it was better the second viewing

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

Quote from: TyrantUA on May 07, 2017, 07:02:33 AM
I just want someone to create a full spoiler topic describing everything that happens in the movie. Anyone, please?

I want the same thing.

Scorpio

Scorpio

The entire plot will be on wikipedia within the week probably.

monkeylove

monkeylove

Quote from: harlequinade on May 07, 2017, 06:29:16 PM
Except Fury Road is an extraordinary film that actually tops the original films

I didn't see anything extraordinary about it. Rather, it retold the first movie in a very compressed form and then redid the second, which is logical if most viewers of the new movie know very little about the earlier ones. The same goes for this new Alien film.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I don't know what to make out of these reviews... To me this movie almost seem a little surreal in a subtle yet nightmarish way. I'm really curious about despite all the spoilers I've had too little character to stay away from.

My only worry is the implied origin of the Alien. Other than that this movies seems like vitamin kick to the franchise, despite recycling plenty of stuff from previous Alien movies - especially from the original.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Ok read some new reviews and it looks bad,heard characters are even more dumb than in Prometheus,movie is 50% Prometheus sequel,40% Alien stuff,you can see plot twist from miles,and explaining Xenomorph origin is destroying a mystery  and the power of this creature.CGI of creatures is not so good,they are showing entire  alien too much not like in older movies were we saw them in shadows in the dark lurking etc and they are using same old scares from old movies.

"The vu has never been so déja: it's a greatest-hits compilation of the other Alien films' freaky moments. The paradox is that though you are intended to recognise these touches, you won't really be impressed unless you happen to be seeing them for the first time"

- Entertainment Weekly.

By the way really people you are talking here about spoilers?(some are not using "spoiler" warning,thanks.....)
Watch movie yourself,why some of you want to know stuff,movie will be even worse in watching because you will know everything and while watching you will be like "oh this is the moment i was reading about,oh another,oh another".

Necronomicon II

Have you read all the positive reviews?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed